FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any game changers in the CC update?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Hines
Any game changers in the CC update?
on Jul 12, 2013 at 4:35:54 pm

64 bit - Mercury Playback Engine. Any comparable innovations like those in the CC version?

Adobe Anywhere. Wish they would have kept CS Live.

Rock on!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Any game changers in the CC update?
on Jul 12, 2013 at 6:04:28 pm

Sometimes it's the small fixes that are the game changers. I rememeber when Avid Media Composer 4 came out, and it had "transition preservation," meaning if you had transitions on a clip in the timeline, and you wanted to replace that clip with new footage, when you over-wrote the new clip, the transitions remained. That was HUGE! Because you no longer needed to redo those transitions.

In the 7.0.1 update, option-Dragging to make a NEW title? That's a big time saver. Being able to enable/disable clips? Also big in my book. The small workflow things...the small additions, the small bug fixes, to me are far better than the BIG things companies add to the software. There are times that workflow killing bugs don't get fixed in favor of adding some new big feature. Sorry, but the big feature isn't as important to me as fixing the bug, or doing the small things that make my editing faster.

Adobe has shown that they get that. I love that about this version. It's the pricing model that is holding me at bay.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jul 12, 2013 at 7:29:16 pm

[Shane Ross] "Being able to enable/disable clips?"

Has there been some dramatic clip enabling/disabling improvements? Because this feature has been in Premiere for a while now.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 12, 2013 at 7:31:45 pm

You can right-click to find the option in the menu. You can map it to a keyboard command. But I think the biggest improvement is that you can have two clips layered, one enabled, one disabled, and you can highlight both and one will disable while the other one enables. Before this, it was either both on, or both off. This way you can audition shots faster.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 12, 2013 at 6:41:56 pm

I think that the Refine Edge features and the inclusion of Cinema 4D in the After Effects installer count as game changers. Details:
http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jul 12, 2013 at 8:59:20 pm

And Cineware for those who already have C4D. Huge improvement in work flow

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jul 12, 2013 at 9:30:19 pm

no on refine edge? - it feels like the issue you guys have had for a while where you felt the need to produce david copperfield moments.

I know some fairly mad AE practitioners, and I never heard them finding refine edge anything like a bedrock new tool, or even one that general circumstance would lead them to call on? It feels like the kind of thing you guys had to formulate to answer the question of selling new versions of old software.

the 3D camera tracker on the other hand - please - thats utterly bananas and a monkey like me can use it. I'm mindboggled by the thing.

the problem with refine and the C4D pipeline is that its not an incentive to buy - its just a thing that happened at the same time as you started looking for lifetime rental cheques. Ars Technica doesn't like where you are. Macworld doesn't like it. David Pogue thinks its dodgy, your customer base is a sea of lava...

I don't know.... some kind of semi-substantive tweaking to the offer to answer the broad concerns raised across the industry might be a thing?
Or, you know, hey - just put on football helmets and plow through to 2016 and see where the company is then?

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jul 12, 2013 at 11:37:20 pm

Agreed Agreed Agreed. Hope they take these issues seriously.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jul 13, 2013 at 12:22:48 am

[Chris Pettit] "Agreed Agreed Agreed. Hope they take these issues seriously."

The key word being "seriously". I get a bit concerned when they talk about "tweaks" like this is some minor problem. It's not. It's a big f-ing deal and they need to offer serious, substantial change.

Fingers crossed.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jul 13, 2013 at 12:58:20 am

Great point David, noticed the same word standing out (like a sore thumb) in Greg's wording.

Here's my (perhaps totally naive) take on the choice of that word:

For those people who want nothing but a return to perpetual licenses, nothing Adobe says will make them happy at this point. As sympathetic as I am to those people and to their concerns, at the moment I'm hoping to seek compromise and to continue to consider Adobe the partner and friend I've always believed them to be.

"Tweak" is the word I would use if I was interested in ultimately EXCEEDING expectations for customers that are willing to seek compromise. Calibrate expectations properly, then effectively remove the ferocity out of the opposition by offering a suprisingly sincere and genuine compromise that makes clear to long time customers that they take core issues seriously and consider them valued partners.

That way, Adobe doesn't disappoint by settings expectations too high and be forced to AGAIN look like the bad guy.

OR: I'm a complete chump and Adobe is about to embarrass me and others with our fingers crossed by releasing something absurdly inadequate.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jul 13, 2013 at 1:30:02 am

[Chris Pettit] ""Tweak" is the word I would use if I was interested in ultimately EXCEEDING expectations for customers that are willing to seek compromise. Calibrate expectations properly, then effectively remove the ferocity out of the opposition by offering a suprisingly sincere and genuine compromise that makes clear to long time customers that they take core issues seriously and consider them valued partners."

Chris, I like your optimism. I hope you're right!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jul 13, 2013 at 1:04:53 am

fine it's not tweaking - I just deleted an insanely rambling post - but - the reason anyone might include the word tweak is because narayan used the word.

At some point reasonably soon adobe need to make a modified statement to their base.

or they don't.

Whether adobe feel they need to make unconventional direct communication with their customer base, over a complete tectonic alteration of the deal for 8.5 milion people is a really interesting open question.

the slightly shitty point that occurs to you is that they were happy to do it with apple over flash - we got broadsheet i heart NY style "we love apple" ads.

the fact that adobe were willing to be so oddly direct with apple, and that we are so reduced to half assed left over mograph interpretations of the CC logo and endless bollocks on the CC page, that it is such a meaningless lying conversation gives at least some sense of the relative weight adobe give to their corporate opponents versus the actual plebs that put them there.

no - seriously - roll that around on your tongue.

http://www.adobe2014.tumblr.com
#adobe2014

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jul 13, 2013 at 1:49:28 am

the reason anyone might include the word tweak is because narayan used the word.

yeah, no doubt that corporate group think (or talking points) are probably involved...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]