FORUMS: list search recent posts

Liberated!

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
Liberated!
on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:56:22 pm

Well, the time came where I had to definitely cancel my subscription for good, I was fine paying $29.99 but not so for $50, and also I'm pissed at Adobe right now.

I gotta say, I feel really liberated, went back to CS6 perpetual, and I don't feel I'm losing much, but I'm avoiding Adobe's products as much as possible, try to break the dependency...

FWIW, there's a lot of haggle when you tell them you want to cancel, first I was offered a free month, after saying no then what about 2 months free, but I said the only way I could stay is if you can give me the $29.99, which they told me I was going to get an answer on email, which I never did. Nice try though, keep me waiting for an answer while my subscription auto-renew, not this time brother!

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: Liberated!
on Jul 4, 2013 at 5:00:19 am

They will try to have 1.2 million subscribers by 12/2013 even if they have to give it at firesale prices.

ricardo

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Jul 4, 2013 at 2:27:41 pm

I couldn't help but smile in thinking [geek alert] of Blake's 7 with your title and their fight against the evil federation.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 8, 2013 at 2:23:50 am

Gotta say I recently had the same thought. But I only have perpetual CS5. I can certainly get by with CS5 PS and AI, but not AE. However, I realize that i only use AE for certain projects. Sometimes every month, sometimes every 4 months. I'm thinking I'll just rent AE monthly if the CS5 version won't cut it. For example if I need ray traced extruded candy. I figure there's no reason not to give it a shot for as long as I can bear, or until I find a replacement.

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Jul 8, 2013 at 6:32:59 am

It certainly doesn't justify paying $600 a year for something you may use a few times.

Adobe showed that recently is all about numbers for them, it just happens that it is for us too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]