FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why do I have to pay more?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Smith
Why do I have to pay more?
on Jun 24, 2013 at 11:06:20 pm

The company I work for has 5 seats of CS6. They are all under the same user ID since we are a company. If we do Creative Cloud as a Team we will pay $40 a month (for the first year). If we were able to purchase as an individual it would be $20. $20 extra a month times 5 copies times 12 is an extra $1,200 a year. Oh sure, I get to ask an Adobe Expert a question. Why would I do that when I have the COW? I don't need the extra Cloud space either. So I'm getting the same thing as Individuals but paying more? What is Adobe's problem? I felt like they where a company that cared about there customers, they have a place where you can make suggestions on things you would like added to programs. I would like to pay the same as an individual. If a team wants all of that extra crap then make them pay extra. I imagine if Teams had a choice they wouldn't pay an extra $20 a month for extra cloud space and for the privilege of talking to an "expert".

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html

I hope what I wrote above is wrong. But according to the sales rep on the phone at Adobe. The company I work for has to pay for for crap we will not use because we are lucky enough to employee more then one person.

Stephen Smith - Follow me on Behance

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Why do I have to pay more?
on Jun 24, 2013 at 11:25:02 pm

I think that if you have several people working full-time, all of who always need access to the software, then having a bunch of individual CCM (Creative Cloud Membership) subscriptions for them makes more sense than using CCT (Creative Cloud Team).

I think that CCT is meant more for people who are increasing and then decreasing the number of activated users over time in response to workload and shifting the activations from person A to person B as needed.

But I'm not an expert on pricing, so my interpretation may be off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 25, 2013 at 4:31:17 pm

Maybe we need to talk to a different Adobe Rep. Because what you wrote is not what he said, and this is all because the 5 seats are under one Adobe ID instead of 5 different IDs. I have found this transition to be very frustrating. Especially since I left FCP due to the frustration caused by the X release, and here I am being frustrated again.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:05:27 pm

I am finding the same thing in education. Adobe keeps telling you how great Team is, as if paying double (or 5 to 6 times the cost of the former CLP license) is somehow a bargain. Since when is it a good idea to charge MORE to educational institutions?

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:13:13 pm

Be sure to ask your sales representative about CCE (Creative Cloud Enterprise), too---especially for education.

Again, I'm not a sales guy, so I'm not the one to answer all of your questions in this area.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Jun 25, 2013 at 9:22:12 pm

Adobe is definitely pushing CCT, and offered me a one year subscription of this, in compensation for my software subscription plan for a single license of After Effects...

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 25, 2013 at 7:52:33 pm

In addition to the things you mentioned, one of the differentiators of Creative Cloud for Teams is that you have more control over deployment, growing or shrinking the number of active licenses, etc.

If you hit up the Creative Cloud FAQ, there is a whole section on CCT and why you would consider that over 5 individual memberships.

At the end of the day, if you don't think much of the differences of CCT vs. CCM, then go for CCM.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Jun 26, 2013 at 9:29:23 am

This is rubbish.

I read the FAQ on the differences and there is no value for companies that roll-out without large IT management.
It costs extra because Adobe are trying it on - pure and simple.

This is why I let my Adobe reseller account lapse. Why should I bother selling Adobe products when I'm limited to the higher cost, low value product and can not sell the standard product?
Why would I put effort in to selling a product when I have to compete with Adobe for sales.

So my customers want to know who will now be providing the support they used to get from me when I sold them Adobe products?

No wonder the distribution network in Australia gave up and stopped selling Adobe products - it's a total waste of time.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:13:56 am

[Paul King] "This is rubbish.

I read the FAQ on the differences and there is no value for companies that roll-out without large IT management.
It costs extra because Adobe are trying it on - pure and simple."

Hi Paul. I would disagree - just because you personally don't find value in the additional components offered, doesn't mean that other people agree. In fact, CC for Teams is very popular and fits a lot of environments.

As a reminder for all, here are the differentiators for CC for Teams:
Centralized administration: A centralized purchasing and license management console to easily assign and transfer seats at no cost, add seats, and track usage.
Centralized deployment: Centrally deploy all Creative Cloud apps or a customized subset. Administrators can also block services and online storage access while on the corporate network.
Additional storage: 100GB of storage per user — 5x what individual Creative Cloud members have.
Expert support: Exclusive access to Adobe experts via one-on-one sessions (two per year, per person). Valued at US$200.

If you're a reseller, I would encourage you to reach out to your Adobe person there and voice your concerns.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:39:37 am

Former Avid dealer. Same old story...

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
on Jun 26, 2013 at 9:31:13 am

[Dennis Radeke] "At the end of the day, if you don't think much of the differences of CCT vs. CCM, then go for CCM."

I agree, but it is a shame that resellers are not even allowed to sell CC for Individuals. This is the case for *all* VAR resellers in Sweden.

So, when the customer don't want/need CCT we cannot offer them CC for Individuals and thus we loose a customer. Promoting CC to customers under those circumstances feels kind of pointless.

Most customers want CC for Individuals and that's why it is an issue...

/Roger

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:17:34 am

[Roger Averdahl] "This is the case for *all* VAR resellers in Sweden."

I believe this is the case for all VARs in all regions. Certainly in the US, you cannot sell CCM either.

Again, I don't know the opportunity in Sweden (but would love to visit), but speaking for the US, video-centric resellers are fine with pursuing multi-seat opportunities as it generally means there are Macs or PCs to sell, storage, etc...

As with Paul above, I would encourage you to reach out to your local Adobe contact and get a good understanding of what is possible.

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Jun 26, 2013 at 5:04:08 pm

It's too late, you guys have been pushing CC and that's what our customers have been buying.

I'm not going to use CC to frontline the rest of our business. I promote it, you guys make the money? Not going to happen, I'll just sell them something else if I can and it's right for what they need.

Not one of our customers can see a benefit to teams, I asked them already. Most people laugh when you tell them about the Adobe expert sessions, they have garnered support from so many other areas for years, why do they need it? We have supported them for years, through all the bugs and issues (especially the Premiere CS4 fiasco).

Denis, you can disagree all you want but these are the facts. What percentage of CC customers are teams then?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 26, 2013 at 5:36:04 pm

For the company I work for I can't see why we would pay extra for Teams, and yes, I think the call with an Expert is lame. We have 5 computers that always get use every month. I don't need to move seats.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jun 26, 2013 at 5:52:21 pm

[Stephen Smith] "We have 5 computers that always get use every month."

you do realize 1 seat is good for 2 computer systems.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 26, 2013 at 5:58:16 pm

Chris,
I was told that only one computer can use the copy at a time if both computers are on the same network. Is that not the case? We tie all 5 computers to the same server to make it easy to work on the same projects and work with the same files.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
on Jun 26, 2013 at 5:51:20 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "As with Paul above, I would encourage you to reach out to your local Adobe contact and get a good understanding of what is possible."

I have and what's possible for us is CCT. End of story. We cannot even sell pre-paid cards, we cannot even order them in Sweden. We even sent an e-mail to all Swedish resellers and to Adobe with questions regarding this to Adobe, but no one from Adobe bothered to reply... It's really that bad, thus the motivation to continue to take certifications to being a Pro Video Reseller, Suite bla-bla, VIP Reseller goes down to zero.

Why should we even promote a product we are not even allowed to sell? People buying new computers don't buy into the CCT thing when CC for Individuals are available if they only need one seat. It's not motivated to promote CC when the customer ends up buying CC for Individuals from adobe.se.

Sweden is a small country and there are not that much multi-seat opportunities here. Our customers are primarily one-man-bands and don't want to buy one seat of CCT when they can buy one seat of CC for Individuals, meaning that we loose the buisiness. Some customers have asked me if i joke when i tell them the prices for CCT, iow asking why they should pay more for a CCT license when they got all tech support from us. They don't need a 1:1 support from Adobe, they already got that from us.

I have wanted to sell CC for Individuals since it was introduced with CS6, but i do realize that it will never happen after all conversations i have had with different people at Adobe. Someone at Adobe has decided that all resellers should sell CCT and that's it.

I like the idea behind CC and do fully support it but i have issues as a reseller with Adobes we-decide-what-you-are-allowed-to-sell attitude. It would be great with a "Yes, we got it and will look into it so you can sell CC for Individuals and pre-paid CC cards."

Best, Roger
Certified Pro Video Reseller

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Why do I have to pay more for CC?
on Jun 26, 2013 at 7:26:49 pm

[Todd]
I think that if you have several people working full-time, all of who always need access to the software, then having a bunch of individual CCM (Creative Cloud Membership) subscriptions for them makes more sense than using CCT (Creative Cloud Team).
I think that CCT is meant more for people who are increasing and then decreasing the number of activated users over time in response to workload and shifting the activations from person A to person B as needed.
But I'm not an expert on pricing, so my interpretation may be off.

Our IT guy just got off the phone with an Adobe Rep (again) and they said the same thing. If you have one Adobe ID and 5 seats then your only option is CCT. We'll have to pay an extra $1,200 a year. (I don't want CCT) I'm better off buying new seats with the Behance deal and acting like I never owned anything from Adobe. What a way to reward existing customers. Todd, who would you recommend I talk to since we are getting no where with Adobe's phone reps? Who can solve my problem or is Adobe just kicking small companies like the one I work for to the curb?

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Rainer Wirth
on Jun 26, 2013 at 7:41:05 pm

Adobe is making the same mistake, Apple did with FCP in a different way.
Very few professionals need the cloud. I wouldn't trust the safety of customers data into the cloud. I mean do you really want to send and recieve data from any cloud?
We've switched from FCP to Premiere and Avid.
Now we just consider Avid as a real choice, because Adobe is going a way to make another buck. I don't think it's because of Quality or customer needs. It's simply because they want to sell something. If we don't want it, we won't buy it, thats our power. Let them feel the power of consumers.
I'm glad that people think about it and don't have the head for a nice hair cut.

Cheers,

Rainer

factstory
Rainer Wirth
phone_0049-177-2156086
Mac pro 8core
Adobe,FCP,Avid
several raid systems

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 26, 2013 at 7:59:40 pm

Rainer,
Sure I can jump from FCP to Premiere to AVID. No problem. But what about After Effects and Photoshop. I live in After Effects and can't think of a better motion graphics program. If you buy AE and Photohop as single apps you might as well get a CC for individuals account.

Which leads me right back to where this thread started. Dennis Radeke and Todd Kopriva, you both work for Adobe, who at Adobe can help solve my problem?

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 26, 2013 at 8:23:49 pm

I'll defer to Dennis to refer you to the right people for sales questions.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 26, 2013 at 8:29:31 pm

Thanks for your help Todd. Hope Dennis can point me in the right direction, I look forward to his response soon.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:09:52 am

If you want to create 5 email addresses and then in turn create 5 Adobe IDs, you can get 5 CCM licenses if that's what you're looking for?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 27, 2013 at 2:19:39 pm

[Dennis]
If you want to create 5 email addresses and then in turn create 5 Adobe IDs, you can get 5 CCM licenses if that's what you're looking for?

Yes, that is what I want to do. So I can use the 5 Serial Numbers that are currently under one Adobe ID when I set up 4 new IDs? Because owners of CS6 get the best discount. The Adobe Rep said I can only use one Serial Number and the rest are only good for Teams. I can transfer the Serial Numbers but Adobe's site says it takes forever.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 27, 2013 at 12:57:55 pm

[Stephen Smith] "I hope what I wrote above is wrong. But according to the sales rep on the phone at Adobe. The company I work for has to pay for for crap we will not use because we are lucky enough to employee more then one person."

Hopefully the company you work for understands that a single subscription to the Cloud runs on two workstations simultaneously. So if you need 5 seats, you need three subscriptions. Just sayin'

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 27, 2013 at 2:22:58 pm

Walter,
That's great and would save a lot of money. I was told that only one computer can use the copy at a time if both computers are on the same network. Is that not the case? We tie all 5 computers to the same server to make it easy to work on the same projects and work with the same files.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Jun 27, 2013 at 3:41:09 pm

Hi Stephen

No that's not the case, but what Walter suggests is not within the license agreement.

The second install is available for you laptop or home system so you can keep working when you leave work.
However I know our customers have two installs of one license on a work network and it runs without issue.

Now Denis, who do I send my monthly bill to for support a product I can no longer sell?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 27, 2013 at 3:43:02 pm

[Paul King] "No that's not the case, but what Walter suggests is not within the license agreement.
"

The how it worked with CS6. The subscription with Cloud is different and a point I asked directly at the Atlanta Cutters meeting when we had the folks in town. The CC Subscription allows you to run on two machines simultaneously.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Jun 27, 2013 at 4:00:49 pm

Hi Walter

Yes that's correct, but the license says they are not supposed to be run concurrently. They are allowed so one user can use the license when they leave their place of work and want to access projects at home.

It's two installs not two licenses.

But as a reseller that can no longer sell the product what do I care?
It doesn't matter to me if he runs 5 x pirate licenses any more.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 27, 2013 at 6:21:45 pm

Thanks everyone, I feel like this discussion is going somewhere.

Walter,
Aren't you on a setup where all of your edit-bays are tied to a network? Are you on the CC versions yet? Did it work on two machines at the same time and is it legal since Paul says it isn't?

Dennis,
Still waiting for your response.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jun 27, 2013 at 7:16:53 pm

Stephen -

This is straight from Adobe licensing page:

Yes, you can use Creative Cloud desktop applications on two computers at once, regardless of operating system, for the individual associated with the Creative Cloud membership. See the product license agreements page for more information.

Copied from:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Now the wordage of the "for the individual associated with the CC..." puzzles me a bit, but this seems to indicate that you can use two copies on two machines on a single network, or otherwise, doesn't it?

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:15:03 pm

The intent is for the two activations per single-user retail license to be just that: for a single user.

There is no technical check for that, but that is what the EULA (end-user license agreement) says.

Do not put us in the position of commenting on how to circumvent the EULA.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Chris Jacek
on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:04:31 pm

I would like to compliment Todd on an excellent job of walking that difficult tightrope.

Professor, Producer, Editor
and former Apple Employee

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:58:54 pm

Todd -

I would never intend to put you in the position of training those who wish to circumvent the EULA. I own the CS4 Production Bundle, and CS6 Master Collection, and, although I have them on a desktop and a laptop, I have never used them at the same time, which, as I understand, was the intent of the old licensing agreement. I'm sure I could have done this, but owning the software is agreeing to the license. Thanks for all your help here - you are in a difficult position...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:46:26 pm

Todd and Joseph made it sound pretty cut and dry. Only a single user can use the software at a time. So I need 5 seats of CC. we own 5 serial numbers of CS6 under one Adobe ID. Our IT guy still can't get the serial numbers we legally paid for into 5 separate accounts. This thread has received over 30 post and I still don't have an answer. We can't be the only company in this situation. The Behance deal ends on the 30th so I really need an answer tomorrow. I do not want CCT. Dennis Radeke, do you know someone who can help me? Am I making my problem clear?

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Jun 28, 2013 at 9:49:03 am

Stephen,

Lets exchange email addresses and I will try to get you pointed to some help. Follow me on Twitter and then DM me. @TheGenesisProj.

A bit of bad news for the short term. Adobe shuts down for the July 4th week so candidly, it may take more than a week to get you the answer you seek.

Dennis

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 28, 2013 at 2:19:40 pm

Dennis,
My e-mail address is

I find this frustrating that this is so difficult when it should be so easy. I own 5 serial number but can only use one unless I want to pay more.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:46:03 am

[Stephen Smith] "Walter,
Aren't you on a setup where all of your edit-bays are tied to a network? Are you on the CC versions yet? Did it work on two machines at the same time and is it legal since Paul says it isn't?
"

Yep, it works. All machines networked.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 28, 2013 at 2:20:33 pm

Walter,
Are you on Teams or Individuals?

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 28, 2013 at 3:14:45 pm

Walter,
I'm assuming when you purchased CS6 you purchased all of your seats under one Adobe ID since it cost the same amount as doing each seat individually (which unfortunately is no longer the case). If that is what you did then how did you use your Serial Numbers to upgrade to individual CC seats? As I mentioned before, the Adobe Rep on the phone told our IT guy that it can't be done.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jun 29, 2013 at 3:48:24 am

I think that's the one area where Adobe's infrastructure wasn't really prepared for licensing individuals with multiple seats.

I don't know if you can upgrade each seat with derivative emails? (email1@productions.com, email2@...etc)

I work with a laptop and a desktop and often do have Adobe applications open on each, and when I'm in my office, my laptop is hardwired to the network...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 1, 2013 at 3:26:53 pm

[Tim]
I think that's the one area where Adobe's infrastructure wasn't really prepared for licensing individuals with multiple seats.

I get the feeling they never intended to do that. They wanted people with multiple seats to do Teams and pay more for it. For CS6 you could purchase/upgrade multiple seats under one Adobe ID for the same price as purchasing one seat. Which is why I titled this thread Why do I have to pay more? Still no solution found for me.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 2, 2013 at 3:30:27 am

[Stephen Smith] "I get the feeling they never intended to do that. They wanted people with multiple seats to do Teams and pay more for it."

Well...as I get older, I'm less and less likely to conjure up motives when all I know are the events and consequences...I did that a lot when I was younger and got myself wound around imaginary axles far more often then was productive, certainly.

I have a tough time believing Adobe intended to force multi-seat users into a higher price bracket, but I suspect they didn't consider how the CC ID system doesn't support multiple seats under one email address.

If for no other reason than just the fact that they had to already know the new system wouldn't be universally loved and this just gives them even more PR weirdness to have to process and answer for...I think this feels more like a fumble than a trick play.

My opinion of course...everyone has their own.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 2, 2013 at 2:20:49 pm

Tim,

Sure, we all know what "Assume" spells. Here are the facts:

-Two Adobe phone reps tell our IT guy you have to go to Teams if you want to use all your CS6 SN. Which makes me feel like Adobe is trying to shove Teams down our throat.
-There are over 40 post in this thread and I still have not received an answer to the original question posted.
-Hopefully I'll get a solution to my problem after the July 4th week since Adobe is pretty much closed this week.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 2, 2013 at 4:09:46 pm

[Stephen Smith] "Sure, we all know what "Assume" spells. Here are the facts:"

Yeah...you won't find me defending the level of knowledge of the Adobe sales staff on teams, educational, multiple individual serials, etc...

It seems like at least some of the chaos could have been avoided with a little better communication planning.

I have a feeling the bottom line at this point is to make some derivative email addresses and use them to make multiple IDs. It's a PITN, but it doesn't strike me as "cheating"...you already have the existing licenses so you should be able to upgrade each one without having to go to the team fee structure...we certainly agree on that point.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 2, 2013 at 4:25:08 pm

[Tim]
I have a feeling the bottom line at this point is to make some derivative email addresses and use them to make multiple IDs. It's a PITN, but it doesn't strike me as "cheating"...you already have the existing licenses so you should be able to upgrade each one without having to go to the team fee structure...we certainly agree on that point.

Yes, we can do multiple IDs, it is about getting each CS6 Serial Numbers attached to its own ID. (Since all 5 serial numbers are currently under one ID) Which seems really silly since you could buy multiple copies of CS6 under one ID for the same price, but now you can't...unless you want Teams.

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jul 2, 2013 at 5:26:49 pm

[Stephen Smith] "Yes, we can do multiple IDs, it is about getting each CS6 Serial Numbers attached to its own ID. (Since all 5 serial numbers are currently under one ID) Which seems really silly since you could buy multiple copies of CS6 under one ID for the same price"

...yeah, like I said, I happen to agree that this particular situation is at the least, a rather large oversight.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Erik Hutchison
on Mar 25, 2014 at 10:23:29 pm

Hi Stephen.
We're late to the party and are just now relenting and joining CC. Was wondering which way you went - team or individual? We have a small business of 4 people, but with laptops etc., we have 8 work stations. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
erik.

Erik Hutchison
http://www.eclipseeditorial.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 25, 2014 at 11:30:41 pm

Erik,
To answer you question I would first like to thank the employees of Adobe and tell you that they really care about us. I was an Apple FCP guy and Apple didn't spend any time on these forums. Todd Kopriva (Adobe employee) has almost made 6,000 posts on the COW and is incredibly helpful. Dennis Radeke is the Senior Business Development Manager at Adobe Systems and has taken time out of his busy day to personally help me with this question that really has me scratching my head as to why Adobe would do this. One of the things I really love about Adobe is how much they want their users to be successful. I've always loved After Effects and I have because a big fan of Premiere pro.

I'm still not happy with CC licensing. Because we purchased all of our CS6 seats together we can only upgrade to CC Teams. Not being able to upgrade to CC individuals with my current Serial Numbers is lame. I don't want to pay more money then CC Individuals since I don't need more cloud space and a phone call to an adobe expert. We are transferring our Serial Numbers to individuals so we can then use our Serial Numbers to upgrade to CC Individuals. It's a big pain and our IT guy has been going at it for months.

The silver lining in the Creative Cloud is that Adobe has saved me $1,500 by making it extremely difficult for me to pay $29.99 for 5 seats with my current Serial Numbers. Had I been able to sign up for $29.99 a month per seat when I first started this thread in June Adobe would be $1,500 richer.

Erik,
Are all of your Serial Numbers under the same user ID? If not then you can go to Teams or Individuals based on your needs. I don't need extra cloud space or a Adobe Expert phone call so I don't want to pay for it.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Erik Hutchison
on Mar 26, 2014 at 12:35:38 am

Thanks Stephen!
We do have individual licenses, so it looks like we will have a choice. Individual plans seem like the way to go for us since we have other storage options and can do without the phone tech support as well.
Thanks again,
erik.

Erik Hutchison
http://www.eclipseeditorial.com

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 26, 2014 at 2:54:41 pm

CC Individuals offers

-Members self-install; no centralized deployment
-Online tutorials and help
-20GB per person

CC Teams offers

-Web-based admin tools to centrally purchase, manage, and deploy Creative Cloud
-Two one-on-one Expert Services sessions per user, per year and Online tutorials and help.
-100GB of cloud storage per person

For me that isn't worth an extra $10 a month which is $120 extra a year. In my situation with 5 seats that's an additional $600 a year. For $600 a year we can manage 6 individual accounts instead of having a admin tool.

Keep in mind (from what I understand), if you fluctuate a lot and have free lancers on an off Teams offers the ability to add seats and lose seats easily.

Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Erik Hutchison
on Mar 26, 2014 at 5:10:25 pm

Thanks again!
erik.

Erik Hutchison
http://www.littlefilms.net

Return to posts index

Erik Hutchison
on Mar 28, 2014 at 4:25:37 pm

Hi Stephen.

Do you have a contact at Adobe who can help me work through my registration issue? Here's what's happening - I have CS3 on my computer that I purchased a while ago. I also have a CS6 version that my business partner purchased for me on his account. Yesterday when I signed up for an individual CC account I registered everything through my account and e-mail info. But when I launch the CC Installer app, it wants a verification through my business partner's e-mail. I can only assume that Adobe upgraded me with his CS6 version and not my CS3. I've since uninstalled CS6 and would like to start over, but all I get is an outsourced tech who doesn't understand what's going on.

Thanks for any help & advice.

erik.

Erik Hutchison

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Mar 31, 2014 at 5:34:13 pm

[Erik]
Hi Stephen.
Do you have a contact at Adobe who can help me work through my registration issue?

Sorry, I don't. Our IT guy has found the process to be extremely frustrating. Especially when one Adobe Rep tells him to do something different then the last rep. He has been working on this on and off for over 6 months, which in my opinion is extremely sad and one reason why I care less about getting a free call to an Adobe expert if you are on teams. When you call Adobe it is the luck of the draw. If Dennis Radeke or Todd Kopriva can get you in touch with the right people I'm sure they will respond to this thread. However, that isn't what they do at Adobe but they may know someone who does. Sorry to be of no help.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Erik Hutchison
on Mar 31, 2014 at 5:44:08 pm

No worries Stephen. I got lucky, and an Adobe rep on their forums site actually was able to help me figure it out. Thanks again for all the previous help/advice!
erik.

Erik Hutchison

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]