FORUMS: list search recent posts

There is a sliver of hope on the horizon!

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Kimery
There is a sliver of hope on the horizon!
on Jun 19, 2013 at 8:59:16 pm

MS backed off from it's DRM stance of having to Xbox One phoning home every 24 hrs and there are no longer restrictions on sharing games or on used games.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

If MS can do it...

Return to posts index

David Smith
Re: There is a sliver of hope on the horizon!
on Jun 19, 2013 at 9:11:20 pm

There is a sign of hope. And, I hope Adobe backs off.

But don't forget, the X-Box One was directly competing against the PS4, and that system not only doesn't require phoning home, having DRM, but it's also $100 cheaper, and arguably better. PS4 mopped the floors with the X-Box One. Of course MS had to back off to even have a chance.

Now, if only Adobe had a competitor as big as Sony to MS.

Return to posts index

Derek Andonian
on Jun 20, 2013 at 4:25:53 am

[David Smith] Now, if only Adobe had a competitor as big as Sony to MS.

They will eventually, if they keep this up... ;)

Greg Andonian, a.k.a. Derek

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2013 at 9:32:13 pm

Dammit. You beat me to it!

Pwned :(

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 19, 2013 at 9:45:05 pm

That is true. There currently is no foe that could rival Adobe the way the PS4 rivals the Xbox One.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 19, 2013 at 10:00:36 pm

Not totaly true. If you need Production premium then no no other foe but if you just use premier,audition,photoshop,media encoder, the defunct encore then yes you have options. And even for some AE users.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Jun 19, 2013 at 10:05:12 pm

[Don Mattrick, President, Interactive Entertainment Business] "You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."

I hate when companies play dumb. Did they really think we would prefer to NOT have the best of both worlds before the backlash? I wish they'd just admit that their original plan was not designed with the consumer's best interest in mind – they made a mistake and got greedy. This whole, "Oh boy! People liked buying used games – who'd have thunk it? This sure is news to us! Time to change our policies." crap is getting old.

Of course every company is going to try and swing their offering to sound like it's best for the consumer but when they get called out on their BS to the point where they can't defend it anymore, don't play dumb. They know how people like to get and play games but they ran the numbers and decided against it.

Makes sense that they'd change their tune now that they're dead in the water before even launching but the fact that they tried to go down this road, got caught, and are now trying to spin it like everything they've ever done was in our best interest just isn't sitting right with me. I'm still trying to figure out how I'd like them to spin it... haha.

Hopefully I can write a similar critique of CC soon! ...but probably not. :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]