FORUMS: list search recent posts

Day After Wall Street Response

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel McClintock
Day After Wall Street Response
on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:36:54 pm

I'll let you guys debate the merits of the story. Initial reports have Adobe signing up more than 220-thousand subscribers last quarter bringing total subscribers up to 700-thousand. Adobe profits are up although it did not match last year.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=OBR&date=20130618&id=1...

-----------------

"Sometimes Life Needs a Cmd-Z!"

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: Day After Wall Street Response
on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:44:29 pm

Would this mean Jan- March. This was when adobe mentioned the new stuff for its applications but before they announced cloud only.

Still says nothing.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Daniel McClintock
on Jun 18, 2013 at 11:50:51 pm

Their quarter ended May 31st.

-----------

"Sometimes Life Needs a Cmd-Z!"

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:03:05 am

I stand corrected but it still means nothing. Most of the original 480k subscribers are close to ending their subscription (wiithin a couple of months). Those that subscribed not knowing it was a bottomless pit. But even if they made 20 million subscribers I will never bite as long as they keep the cc. I would rather spend 10k on the new mactube.

I am not against the cloud only the cloud only approch.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:17:38 am

sure let's see.

ideally, you might hope everyone would have the sense to put their hands in their pockets right now and keep them there for a bit.

there really is kind of a short effective window here.

http://www.adobe2014.tumblr.com
#adobe2014

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 19, 2013 at 2:05:09 am

The numbers dont say how the subscription rate went after the may 7 announcment. The 2nd quarter was all hype. I know 2 of the 220000 and when i told them about the stop paying = no more PPro they where astonished saying that they where never told that when the subscribed. How many more are on the same boat.

The numbers that count are from may 7 onward.

Ricardoa

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jun 19, 2013 at 2:31:35 am

There's also this:
Net income fell to $76.5 million, or 15 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $223.9 million, or 45 cents per share, a year earlier.
Q4 is where the rubber hits the road.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 19, 2013 at 9:36:45 am

Sounds like the net income was not up. Just look at the reported insider trading. The CEO sold half of his stock the month before CC was introduced. Some faith in the product. Dump this guy. Then something might happen that makes sense for the users.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:12:08 pm

There´s also no differentiation, how strong Adobes income in the last Q is influenced by buyers of CS6!
As there are many upgrading to Adobes "WIN XP similar solution", which will - may be - not die over many, many years.
True - the last Q of 2013 is the number to be watched.
After that, the CashCow fees are the (nearby) only income for Adobe & dictate the prices of fees.
Let´s have a look to the Cloud Community rising (?) if prices get 2x, 3, 4x (?) from the amount of today.
Adobe made the math with a lose of income (and users) to catch us. But they want to make real money again at 2016.
Make the math on your own.

Return to posts index

James Taylor
on Jun 19, 2013 at 1:46:50 pm

It doesn't seem like he wants to answer any real questions. You made the decision, now own it. Give us some real answers.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57589987-92/adobe-ceo-were-off-to-a-good-s...

JT

Return to posts index

Paul King
on Jun 19, 2013 at 4:34:33 pm

Thanks for posting the interview.
It was good to put a face to the catastrophe.

It was also reassuring to have the spirit of this forum formalised in print for all to see. When I read through this list I cant help but feel I'm one of a few crack-pots or conspiracy theorists. The questions that were asked shows that the general feeling here is widespread.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:19:02 pm

IMOP its some major corporate bs speak. All is based on asumptions,spread sheets and ppt presentations.

They assume that the 480k people will stay. that the new 220K subscribers knew the knitty gritty of their contract. That there is no valid competition.

Back in Jan. they said they had 480k subscribers so these new 220k where aquiered over 2 quarters that means less than 11k per week as had been last year. They do not mention anywhere the weekly rate of subscribers as the had before. So I believe the rate of subscription has gone down.

This looks like more hype trying too attract clients who would be attracted by such tactics add to this the rumors of looking for alternative for special groups and you in fact have a rising desperate plea.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]