FORUMS: list search recent posts

A resounding NO to the question for us

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
T. Brown
A resounding NO to the question for us
on Jun 18, 2013 at 3:07:38 pm

Apologies beforehand for my first post being of the bitter variety.

The move to the Creative Cloud has been an unmitigated disaster for us so far.

I run a small team of Macs in an enterprise environment and C.C. has been one problem after another for us as we try to roll the software out. From the initial purchase in March until now has been nothing but problems and we're still not up and running.

Initially we received some directions from Adobe for deployment that had us download the Master Suite from an ftp site only to find out at a later date that we downloaded/installed Arabic versions of the software. Our only recourse was to uninstall manually and reinstall. It's a pain, but okay, but wait.... there's more. Much more.

Being in an enterprise environment, the follow-up directions sent by Adobe had us use the Creative Cloud manager to create packages for deployment. Unfortunately this tool doesn't work behind a proxy server and a firewall. So I would consider that a non-option... Download onto each computer locally via the web I guess is the only other option. That should work.... right? Not so much. Adobe Application Manager seems to have issues behind a firewall/proxy environment as well. Whenever we try to update we receive U43M1D207 errors and are unable to connect to the update servers. I'm told through my hours on the phone with support that this is supposed to be resolved on June 21st, but I remain skeptical. If this is the future of Adobe software, that future isn't so bright.

Other than to commiserate with all those encountering C.C. woe and worry, is there any other recourse for customers other than to search the Adobe support forums for answers. Calling the generic install support number is no longer an option as I've grown tired of talking to tech support for hours only to be told to uninstall and reinstall the software.

I only wish that Adobe would have spent more time developing these tools and their documentation prior to rolling C.C. out. There's nothing worse than having to rebuild systems over and over again and losing hope that all the work will payoff with a working solution. Is anyone holding off on deployment until Adobe gets their ducks in a row?

Tim


Return to posts index

Mina Demian
Re: A resounding NO to the question for us
on Sep 4, 2015 at 7:52:03 am

This worked for me (h/t to my IT guy):

* add http://localhost:8092/ to exceptions in your brower's advanced settings.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]