FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC Day

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
CC Day
on Jun 16, 2013 at 5:37:03 pm

So is the big release happening tomorrow? Will having the actual software available dampen down the heated discussions? Are Adobe's servers ready?

Putting aside the debate, as an existing CC subscriber I'm looking forward to testing out the new software

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: CC Day
on Jun 16, 2013 at 5:50:01 pm

I've been on the Adobe Cloud since last August and actually like it - of course the discount will end soon but that's biz.

Just updated my PC with dual 27" LG ColorPrime monitors - best LCD I've ever seen and ordering the AMD W7000 this week (thanks to Apple and the specs on the new MacPro for making me take another look at AMD lol) in anticipation of using Premiere CC as my main NLE from here on out.

FCPX, FCP7 will remain on my old MacPro to use as needed but looks like it's Windows and Adobe with a little Lightworks and old faithful Sony Vegas from here on out.

CC haters should maybe watch the 2nd video on Adobe Anywhere: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeanywhere.html

This is the most profound thing to happen to post etc in a long time, achieving what even Avid has never been able to do - being a Premiere power user is going to mean being at the top of the editing labor pool in the very near future...sorry FCPX and Apple.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jun 16, 2013 at 6:33:19 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "This is the most profound thing to happen to post etc in a long time, achieving what even Avid has never been able to do - being a Premiere power user is going to mean being at the top of the editing labor pool in the very near future...sorry FCPX and Apple."

Adobe Anywhere looks truly transformative. Logistics aside, if Adobe offered it as a service running on their servers, I'd sign up without hesitation on a case by case basis.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Jun 17, 2013 at 5:02:26 am

I'm guessing a users Internet speed is going to have a pretty dramatic impact on the user experience.
For many of us more rural users, that can make it a no go.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jun 16, 2013 at 6:29:03 pm

[Steve Connor] "Putting aside the debate, as an existing CC subscriber I'm looking forward to testing out the new software"

Looking forward to your review!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 16, 2013 at 6:37:34 pm

[David Lawrence] "Looking forward to your review!"

Ditto.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: CC Day, how will it happen?
on Jun 17, 2013 at 8:04:31 am

So wil the magical Adobe CC appear to us Cloud Subscribers today in the Application Manager?

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 17, 2013 at 10:15:48 am

I predict that you'll be in the middle of working when a dialogue box will pop up asking you if you want to update all applications to CC...if you answer "Remind me later", something like this will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RfiQYRn7fBg#t=16s

Return to posts index

Josh Peterson
on Jun 17, 2013 at 11:16:28 am

I have been refreshing Adobe Application Manager compulsively...Hold on to your butts.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 17, 2013 at 1:42:23 pm

A couple of guys in dark glasses and Adobe shirts will show up at your door and say
"Nice little video business you got here...shame if something happened to it..."
Then politely demand their monthly payment...

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 17, 2013 at 1:57:46 pm

[John Pale] "A couple of guys in dark glasses and Adobe shirts will show up at your door and say
"Nice little video business you got here...shame if something happened to it..."
Then politely demand their monthly payment..."

Brilliant!

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

John Pale
8pm PDT according to this thread
on Jun 17, 2013 at 3:30:56 pm

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5415643

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: 8pm PDT according to this thread
on Jun 17, 2013 at 3:49:05 pm

First glitch?

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Justin Crowell
on Jun 17, 2013 at 3:49:29 pm

I'm as anxious as anybody, but some of these people seem to go out of their way to get angry with Adobe!

Video editor, animator, composer, producer
JustinCrowell.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 17, 2013 at 3:57:06 pm

[Justin Crowell] "I'm as anxious as anybody, but some of these people seem to go out of their way to get angry with Adobe!"

Someone has pointed out that that 8pm PDT is actually 8.30 am on the continent where Adobe's telephone support centre is located, now it makes sense

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 17, 2013 at 3:49:17 pm

Buzz going round is that CC will be released at 8pm PDT today, if that's true then that makes it a release on the 18th and not the 17th here in the UK.

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 17, 2013 at 4:58:15 pm

[Steve Connor] "Buzz going round is that CC will be released at 8pm PDT today, if that's true then that makes it a release on the 18th and not the 17th here in the UK."

This is just another example of corporate greed! Adobe has no clue what it's customers want. They say one thing and deliver another. We should get a class action lawsuit together for failing to deliver the product on the 17th as they originally committed. I'm sure somebody somewhere can't do their job now as a result of this botched delivery. If anybody wants to generate an online petition that we can all sign stating how Adobe is going off the rails with there CC and lack of delivery of said goods....stand united!

*******The preceding was meant in jest! Read this with a heavy, heavy does of sarcasm please. I'm including this disclaimer as the internet sometimes doesn't have a sense of humor.*********

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 17, 2013 at 5:07:19 pm

[Ryan Holmes] "*******The preceding was meant in jest! Read this with a heavy, heavy does of sarcasm please. I'm including this disclaimer as the internet sometimes doesn't have a sense of humor.*********"

It's obviously not a big deal at all, but it does show poor comms from Adobe that there has yet to be any official word on how the rollout is happening.

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 17, 2013 at 5:13:50 pm

[Steve Connor] "It's obviously not a big deal at all, but it does show poor comms from Adobe that there has yet to be any official word on how the rollout is happening."

Agreed. A little more communication would be nice. I have a feeling that their servers are going to get slammed, which will cause a whole other uproar about how the CC doesn't work, can't function, breaks over updates, etc, etc, etc. It's something Adobe will have to work on (much like Apple did when they starting pushing iOS updates out in 2008 - servers got hammered and couldn't hold up). This release is pretty highly anticipated, compared to a quick bug fix update. Either way should be interesting.

If you hate Adobe then their servers breaking will be seen as evidence of why one shouldn't join the CC. If you are ok with the CC and Adobe's servers break, you'll probably take a deep breath and wait 2-3 days to download the latest shiny version once the initial downloading rush has passed.

[Justin Crowell] "Man I at first glossed over the *** part, assuming it was a signature. Almost had an aneurism."

I thought putting the ******** in there would help set it apart....maybe I made it look too much like a sig then, eh?! :-) I'm actually a paying CC member, so obviously I've bought into the lie, corporate greed, and monopolistic practices of the great Devil.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Justin Crowell
on Jun 17, 2013 at 5:28:54 pm

[Ryan Holmes]A little more communication would be nice.

Agreed on that. I've just been in touch with cust serv because I was confused about how many computers I can have CC activated on at once--2 is what it seems like, but there is loads of misinformation out there, including an actual Adobe support site saying you must deactivate/reactivate every time you switch between even those computers. What I ended up with was a pleasant surprise (that seems directly contradicted by most of their support docs)--you can apparently have this RUNNING SIMULTANEOUSLY on two machines.

JustinCrowell.com

Return to posts index

Justin Crowell
on Jun 17, 2013 at 5:07:33 pm

Man I at first glossed over the *** part, assuming it was a signature. Almost had an aneurism.

JustinCrowell.com

Return to posts index

Rob Brandreth-Gibbs
on Jun 17, 2013 at 6:28:42 pm

An 8:30 PM PDT release is not at all a big practical deal from my POV. However I'm more concerned for Adobe and the appearance that this is evidence that it is doing things by the seat of their pants. True or not true.

A better impression would be to release at 00:00:00 UTC reflecting a global corporation right on top of its game. Not 23:59:59 in the last time zone before the date change to technically keep within their promise- to exaggerate to make a point.

Additionally, such a release time might have the benefit of at least initially lessening the pressure on their servers.

RBG
CC subscriber

Rob Brandreth-Gibbs
Bravo Zulu Productions
Vancouver, Canada

Return to posts index

Rob Brandreth-Gibbs
on Jun 17, 2013 at 6:52:28 pm

All that said, there certainly could be esoteric bottle-neck considerations here that take precedence over the optics of a clean 00:00:00 UTC or 08:00:00 UTC start. In which case communications is a good thing.

RBG

Rob Brandreth-Gibbs
Bravo Zulu Productions
Vancouver, Canada

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
on Jun 17, 2013 at 7:55:52 pm

After all angry people that shouted at cc I think its a bad Idea to bitchslap alot of Europan users that been waiting for it. How much is it to ask to give us an offical time. Also if the rumor is true, I think its a very bad choice of date and time as said before.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 17, 2013 at 9:24:19 pm

Considering all the backlash about the CC, I would have imagined that Adobe would have handled the actual launch itself a bit better. i know a few hours doesn't make any difference at all, but the fact that no-one from Adobe has posted any information on here at all is a little odd. Still it'll all be forgotten tomorrow when we're playing with the new toys

Steve Connor

Return to posts index

Justin Crowell
on Jun 17, 2013 at 9:30:08 pm

Seriously. Their general poor communication is causing a lot of needless angst. Their PR people have to be either awful or are kept wholly in the dark.

JustinCrowell.com

Return to posts index

Mike Squires
on Jun 17, 2013 at 9:44:46 pm

I'm guessing the release co-exists with the VIP party tonight for the PromaxBDA conference. The party starts at 8pm PDT. Coincidence?

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on Jun 17, 2013 at 9:46:12 pm

PVC posted an article on Saturday that said, "The planned release of Adobe Creative Cloud is June 17, 8 PM PST. For background and overviews, see the FAQ and Adobe TV."

So the info has been out there just not really spread around.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 18, 2013 at 3:36:57 am

[Steve Connor] "So wil the magical Adobe CC appear to us Cloud Subscribers today in the Application Manager?"

The CC updates are now pushed out and you should be able to now see them in your Adobe Application Manager. I'm downloading as we speak in Atlanta and will let them run overnight..... have fun!

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Foul Water Fiery Serpent, an original documentary featuring Sigourney Weave...
MTWD Entertainment - Developing original content for all media.
"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.
"Science Nation" - Three years and counting of Science for the People.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]