FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lightworks on Linux

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Andonian
Lightworks on Linux
on Jun 15, 2013 at 5:50:22 am

One of the things I found intriguing about Lightworks is that aside from Mac and Windows support, it also has a Linux version. I was thinking that if they pull this off, it could be a refreshing change of pace for people who don't like the idea of their OS suddenly being taken in strange new tablet-oriented directions, or the form factor of their hardware always being decided by one company who values aesthetics much more than functionality and user requirements. And once the source code for Lightworks is released, you wouldn't have to worry about your NLE being eaten by the cloud- because someone else could pick up the torch and create a fork that goes in a wiser direction.

Right now it's still in beta, but yesterday I came across an article on it that sounded very encouraging:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/opensource/lightworks-video-editor-another...

It seems it's still a long way away from being truly usable in a professional environment, but it's coming along, and sounds like it is on its way to becoming the best NLE on the Linux platform. It even has support for DNxHD.

Like I said, it's still a work in progress- but I for one will be keeping an eye on this...

Greg Andonian, a.k.a. Derek

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]