FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating credit card information is so easy

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Updating credit card information is so easy
on Jun 14, 2013 at 8:52:29 pm

Fun! My creative cloud subscription expired because our bank likes to issue us new credit cards every 2 months. Luckily for me, updating my credit card and bringing us back into good standing is so easy. Oh no, it's totally not easy. In fact, I can't see how to do this at all.

I think I'd rather spend my time setting up a single computer to run CS6 and just having everyone screen share into it when they need to do something. Now that IS a creative cloud!

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: Updating credit card information is so easy
on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:42:43 pm

I believe all you have to do is log in to your account and then on the top right is the ability to access your account information.

Does your bank tell you why it changes your card every few months?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 14, 2013 at 9:58:31 pm

It lets me into the account information, but no credit card change option is anywhere in sight.

Bank of America likes to cite that we might have purchased something from a website that may or may not be insecure. When pressed, they refuse to give us information on the website, which is pretty fun. I'll be glad if Google Wallet or something else takes over soon because it's a hot mess. This has happened at least a dozen times in the last 2 years.

You guys should make this super easy, because this credit card security thing happens to lots of people I know and probably will happen to many of your customers, you know?

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:15:38 pm

[John Davidson] "You guys should make this super easy, because this credit card security thing happens to lots of people I know and probably will happen to many of your customers, you know?"

Did you find the option to change your payment info yet?

Shawn

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:26:27 pm

Nope. It's not under any of the settings, preferences, My Adobe ID, products and services, etc.

When you click the application manger link to change the card, it sends me to Creative Cloud's main page, with no actual way to change it. It's too close to Michelob time to chase down this dragon today :). I'll save it for next week maybe.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:34:40 pm

[John Davidson] "Nope. It's not under any of the settings, preferences, My Adobe ID, products and services, etc.

When you click the application manger link to change the card, it sends me to Creative Cloud's main page, with no actual way to change it. It's too close to Michelob time to chase down this dragon today :). I'll save it for next week maybe."

Odd... I don't know if this helps. But this is how I found it.

Go to https://creative.adobe.com
click the icon on the top right hand corner of the browser
click "my account" then "edit payment info"

It sounds like you went to adoobe.com and tried to manage your subscription for there.... you should be able to, but I think you HAVE to got to https://creative.adobe.com.

Shawn

EDIT: I should have said that you have to log in before you can see the icon at the top of the page.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:39:30 pm

You know, I think that since it completely expired it must have just deleted me. When I do what you suggest, it just says I'm on the free plan and there is no 'Edit Payment Info' option. Changing profile only changes my email, etc.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 14, 2013 at 10:47:23 pm

[John Davidson] "You know, I think that since it completely expired it must have just deleted me. When I do what you suggest, it just says I'm on the free plan and there is no 'Edit Payment Info' option. Changing profile only changes my email, etc."

Ah, that makes sense. Sorry for your hassles, it does not sound like fun!

Shawn

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 15, 2013 at 4:50:55 pm

That's actually pretty bad if this happens to everyone who has an expired/stolen card - there should be some grace period or email notification?

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 15, 2013 at 11:36:23 pm

Nah. adobe has thought out this very well their cannot be errors at all. This move to the cloud was done after carefull thought to every posible situation. It must be the users fault. (i'm trying to be sarcastic. hope i did)

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 16, 2013 at 4:28:14 am

[Ricardo Marty] "Nah. adobe has thought out this very well their cannot be errors at all. This move to the cloud was done after carefull thought to every posible situation. It must be the users fault. (i'm trying to be sarcastic. hope i did)"

Adobe's response to this issue is: "The Creative Cloud's the future of Creative and when you look at the value that customers ... are getting through the Creative Cloud, we just think that that's phenomenal value for our customers."

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 16, 2013 at 6:50:58 pm

Sorry guys - busy weekend. To be clear, I hadn't used it much on the only CC loaded computer in question, but there had been an expiration notice for about 30 days. I'm just the slacker who had other things to deal with than figure out how to update his CC info.

iMHO, when you go past the 30 days, I think the system would work better if it operated like Facebook. If you deactivate your account or let it lapse, you just log in and the account information is still all there with the notice to update your CC info to re-enable your cloud. This current method is more like not paying rent on your apartment for a month, then finding out all your stuff got thrown in the dumpster and the locks were changed, then the building got sold to new owners and they had no idea you used to rent that apartment.

I don't see any way to get back in without making a new CC subscription now or spending hours I don't have trying to get support on the case. I'm also not terribly interested in renewing it. Seems like getting a second copy of CS6 is the better way to go. I hear that's what all the big kids are doing.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 17, 2013 at 12:15:31 am

Hey well since you have to get a new account maybe you can get the discount deal on the new one?

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Jun 17, 2013 at 2:14:08 am

Very true. I'm going to just let it go for now and see what happens. Aside from FCPX, my technical role has diminished quite a bit. It's part of why I didn't even notice the 30 day countdown until it was too late.

Return to posts index

Lance Moody
on Jun 17, 2013 at 2:20:00 pm

!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]