FORUMS: list search recent posts

CEO of Blackmagic's Opinion of New Mac Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wiseman
CEO of Blackmagic's Opinion of New Mac Pro
on Jun 10, 2013 at 11:21:36 pm

From Blackmagic Forum: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8898

Re: New Mac Pro with AMD GPUs and now?
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi,

We have been testing with DaVinci Resolve 10 builds and this screams. Its amazing and those GPUs are incredible powerful. I am not sure what I can say as I am only going off what Apple has talked about publicly here in the keynote for what I can say right now, however there is a whole new OpenCL and DaVinci Resolve 10 has had a lot of performance work done to integrate it and its really really fast. Those GPUs are very powerful and have lots of GPU memory so this is the Mac we have been waiting for! We have lots of Thunderbolt products too so video in and out is taken care of.

We will have more details once the guys get back from WWDC and we get some more info from Apple on what we can talk about etc.

Overall we could not be happier!

Regards,

Grant Petty
Blackmagic Design

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
Re: CEO of Blackmagic's Opinion of New Mac Pro
on Jun 11, 2013 at 12:54:20 am

Interesting that a company whose technology will now be outside of the CPU box permanently, and dependent on a Thunderbolt daisy chain of other devices, including GPUs is happy about this. They must know something I don't.

I talked to the lead tech at the company that builds my XEON workstations (Windows), including 2 that include Black Magic cards. He's skeptical about bottle necks with all that "stuff" outside of a PCIe port.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jun 11, 2013 at 1:42:00 am

[Chris Pettit] "They must know something I don't."

Since they appear to actually have a prototype, I would guess that they do. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jun 11, 2013 at 2:32:17 am

yep, and they sure sound like they think it's awesome. We'll see

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:41:16 am

[Jim Wiseman] "Overall we could not be happier!"

Well of course they're happy, now everybody that bought the pci-e blackmagic card are going to be buying the tb version.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:58:10 am

[Gustavo Bermudas] "Well of course they're happy, now everybody that bought the pci-e blackmagic card are going to be buying the tb version."

Or they'll be buying a TB-PCIe chassis for $350... Perahps BM will acquire a TB chassis company so they'll have one available before the MP ships... ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 11, 2013 at 8:51:41 am

One thing it indicates is that they will be able to use beau coup nodes in Resolve.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]