FORUMS: list search recent posts

Found at Adobe blogs - the bill might be

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rainer Schubert
Found at Adobe blogs - the bill might be
on Jun 9, 2013 at 12:56:03 am

If CLOUD technology takes over, all software companies will follow ADOBE model and in 2 years, this is gonna be monthly bill for any average PC. (very same for MAC)

INTERNET.............................................................. $ 50.00 / month

Windows............................................................... .$ 30.00 / month

MS Office............................................................... $ 40.00 / month

Adobe................................................................. ...$ 50.00 / month

Media Soft (CyberLink/Nero/Roxio)........................$ 25.00 / month

Plug Ins (20 at special price $ 2.00/each)..............$ 40.00 / month

1 more unspecified soft..........................................$ 30.00 / month

Monthly TOTAL to run PC....................................$ 265.00 / MONTH......................pretty much same as leasing a new car

Enjoy your CLOUDY days.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Found at Adobe blogs - the bill might be
on Jun 9, 2013 at 1:37:14 am

This, right here, is why lower prices should be on the tip of everyone's tongue.

I am being realistic in that I don't think Adobe is going to go back on the cloud. That's fine with me.

If we are going to be using the CC for the foreseeable future, we need the lowest price possible.

$50/mo for 32 of 38 applications I won't use seems more crazy than the general idea of software as a service.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 9, 2013 at 2:28:04 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "$50/mo for 32 of 38 applications I won't use seems more crazy than the general idea of software as a service."

I was happy with $30 per month, though I didn't let my subscription lax because of the bump, mostly in solidarity with trying to effect some happy compromise through the only weapon I have at my disposal, mainly my money.

However, $30 for a more "Production Premium" subset is a bit easier to swallow than $50 per month, I will agree.

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Jun 9, 2013 at 3:08:00 am

[Gary Huff] However, $30 for a more "Production Premium" subset is a bit easier to swallow than $50 per month, I will agree.

I'll agree too.

Right now I'm using the Master Collection because I also do web design, so paying for everything isn't a big deal to me. But I could easily foresee a time coming when I would want to only focus on video and graphic design- and if that happens I don't want to have to pay for programs that I'm not going to use.

Greg Andonian, a.k.a. Derek

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 9, 2013 at 3:47:04 am

[Greg Andonian] "Right now I'm using the Master Collection because I also do web design, so paying for everything isn't a big deal to me."

$50 for the package is a good deal if you use it all. No doubt about that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]