FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alternatives to PP

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Hersh
Alternatives to PP
on Jun 8, 2013 at 5:30:35 am

Hello All,

As I am not going to switch to the CC (mainly because I want to own something at the end of a few years) I was wondering what other editing program people are using for PC based machines. All that I really need is a new NLE, as CS6 is plenty of power for the other apps I use.

Right now I am using Gopro Hero 3 quite a bit, and PP CS6 has a great deal of trouble with their MP4 files.

I understand that Grass Valley is coming out with Edius Pro 7 some time soon and it is suppose to be good with all types of codecs.

Thanks in advance

Dale

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
Re: Alternatives to PP
on Jun 8, 2013 at 5:39:06 am

[Dale Hersh] I understand that Grass Valley is coming out with Edius Pro 7 some time soon and it is suppose to be good with all types of codecs.

I haven't actually used Edius (yet) but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm going to be running the trial of it soon, to see how I like it.

Right now I'm in the process of putting Lightworks through its paces. The user interface and keyboard shortcuts took some getting used to after using Premiere for so long, but I'm starting to like it.

Greg Andonian, a.k.a. Derek

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

Dale Hersh
on Jun 8, 2013 at 8:15:54 am

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for the reply and I have scoped out Lightworks and it looks pretty good. I have watched some of the tutorials and it looks like it works in real time with one video line, but I couldn't see how it handles a couple of video lines or what happens when you add transitions or effect. That is pretty important to me.

Guess I will have to try it. Free trial makes that pretty easy.

Take care,

Dale

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 9, 2013 at 2:47:42 am

PC choices:

Avid Media Composer
Avid DS
Sony Vegas
GVG Edius
Lightworks

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Dale Hersh
on Jun 10, 2013 at 8:15:02 am

Just installed Lightworks. Got it up and running and demoed it a couple of times, but it quite and after trying everything I can not get it to run. Very disappointing. Looks like quite a few people have same issue.

Their technical support over phone is non existent and waiting for email, but doubt I will get it, at least soon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]