FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe IS listening.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabe Strong
Adobe IS listening.
on Jun 8, 2013 at 12:17:21 am

I can't say much but the chatter all of us have been making HAS been heard at Adobe.
I cannot disclose confidences and don't even know for sure what actions will be taken and if
they will be enough to satisfy most of us, but Adobe has heard us. I am ever so slightly
encouraged.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Adobe IS listening.
on Jun 8, 2013 at 1:44:45 am

huh?

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Jun 8, 2013 at 1:53:29 am

[Gabe Strong] I can't say much but the chatter all of us have been making HAS been heard at Adobe.

I hope you're right about that. I really miss being excited about that awesome new Premiere that's coming out...

Greg Andonian, a.k.a. Derek

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 8, 2013 at 2:05:32 am

Hope its true and that they come out with some sort of compromise (IE other options besides the cloud.

IMOP they are hearing the lack of calls to subscribe at leat not at the same rate as before and maybe even some if not many of those 479k subscribers ending the subscriptions.

Plus the outcry from the user base and the educational institutions. I just wish this was true.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Jun 8, 2013 at 2:09:13 am

[Ricardo Marty] Plus the outcry from the user base and the educational institutions. I just wish this was true.

Oh, it's true all right... There's a HUGE outcry from the user base. ;)

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 8, 2013 at 2:10:19 am

I hope you're not offended if I take this with a grain of salt.

You can't say who who told you.
You haven't said if this person is even with Adobe.
You no details about an Adobe response to customer reaction.
You can only say that Adobe is listening.

At the moment all I can say is, "Well, that's nice."

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Jun 8, 2013 at 4:01:25 am

I don't know if it will lead to anything, but yes, someone with Adobe is listening. I have a guess
as to what may happen, but I won't know anything for a while and may not be able to say right away
when I do find out. As most of you know I am NOT a supporter of the 'lease' method of software.
So yeah, I'm pretty set against the CC.
Possibly nothing will happen to change things but I see a light. A dim, flickering light, but it's not
quite as dark as it was.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jun 8, 2013 at 6:54:21 am

[Gabe Strong] "Possibly nothing will happen to change things but I see a light. A dim, flickering light, but it's not
quite as dark as it was."

I really, really hope you're right.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Jun 8, 2013 at 8:13:58 am

[Gabe Strong] Possibly nothing will happen to change things but I see a light. A dim, flickering light, but it's not
quite as dark as it was.

Hopefully that really is the end of the tunnel that you see, and not the headlight of an oncoming train speeding toward us...

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 8, 2013 at 7:35:44 pm

I think that much of adobes listing is to multi seat clients like cnn,bbc a specialy the prospective clienta to be who might not have a problem with cash but certainly would not want their files to be held captive by adobe and wants the right to change nle in the future something that would not be easy with cc.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 9, 2013 at 9:35:00 am

I went to Apple and spoke directly to Steve Bayes about what I think FCP 8 needed to make it better, and make editors happy. He listened, and took in my suggestions (like clip collision, drove me nuts) and said, "I think you'll be very happy with the next version."

He listened. But then came out with FCX.

Being heard...being listened too...doesn't always lead to what you want.

(Not saying FCX isn't good... I just wasn't happy with what they did. Still not...so I don't use it)

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jun 9, 2013 at 7:57:09 pm

[Shane Ross] "Being heard...being listened too...doesn't always lead to what you want."

There's a big difference between being heard and being understood. Let's hope Adobe listens and understands.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

James Daugherty
on Jun 8, 2013 at 2:50:36 am

When Adobe Stock hits $20 then we will feel the love.

James Daugherty
President SDMVPUG.com
San Diego Mac Video Production User Group

Return to posts index

Dale Hersh
on Jun 8, 2013 at 5:38:54 am

I hope you are correct, but the only thing they are listening to is the sound of the cash register.

Hopefully there are plenty of their loyal customers that are not full time professionals (like myself) that look forward to the perpetual subscription upgrades, but can pass them up if the costs are too high.

In spite of the whopping price increase (my CS6 upgrade was USD399) I am really opposed to not having any software that I can keep at the end of my subscription.

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Jun 9, 2013 at 12:07:20 am

As I saw the refusal on nearly the whole Web first two weeks after their coming out, I also had hope.
Meanwhile it´s four weeks ago.
Nothing from Adobe than praying their Bushwah again and again and again.
I think they did that change in a clear knowledge of all the injury to their customers.
They also did in clear knowledge of losing face.
Why shouldn´t they ride that to the end?
I think, they will bring out their big CC thing on June 17. Without any change (as some gifts to PS-enthusiasts & educational, who are to important and most pi..ed on). With great new features. Who knows, if there will be an such great update ever again (they have to catch us!)
- BtW: to all, who believe, that there will be much more innovation to core apps, might be it´s interesting, to read a voice of Adobe: Innovation (in the eyes of Adobe) shouldn´t be further development of core-apps, the focus will be adding more and more cloud-functions. If we can believe Adobe VP Mala Sharma: macworld article
They´ll wait to the end of 2013 when they can foresee how many users will not subscribe. The big factor X in their bill.
And if they even will right with their numbers - they don´t will change anything.
(But: Don´t forget, this handout was made for investors - so the numbers can differ from "reality")
In my eyes, they changed their image (in full knowledge of all eventualities) . They are not longer the Adobe they once were.
May be some of you like MS - me not - for me they are on same level now. One loveless company beside the others.
With all the lacks of CC, with all forcing, with the try to bind me (all), with all the "forget about users requirements", with their missing Buy-out,...
They changed. Not only distribution. Also their face.
I still don´t believe, they are listening.
Because they didn´t let us know.
----------
CC = Cash Cow = Terminating the word "Archive" in digital future = Lifelong dependency = NoGo = Never

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Jun 9, 2013 at 3:01:09 am

[Rainer Schubert] (But: Don´t forget, this handout was made for investors - so the numbers can differ from "reality")

That's what I'm hoping for.

adobe2014.tumblr.com

#adobe2014

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]