Adobe reacts to CC attacks on their Blog

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
Adobe reacts to CC attacks on their Blog
on Jun 2, 2013 at 5:56:23 pm

Take a look at: http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/

The old perpetual license is NOT coming back

There will be a way to open a file and export, without paid subscription to CC.

There will be special treatment for Photographers (probably a Lightroom and Photoshop bundle for a special price) - but no mention of a bundle for the video people...

- No Parking Production -

2 x Finalcut Studio3, 2 x Prod. bundle CS6, 2 x MacPro, 2 x ioHD, Ethernet File Server w. X-Raid.... and FCPX on trial

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
Re: Adobe reacts to CC attacks on their Blog
on Jun 2, 2013 at 6:51:37 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "The old perpetual license is NOT coming back"

At least not for a while, if you look back, it seems this was definitively planned for years, look at how they started to buy applications to try to cover any possible corner of the creative industry. And when they couldn't buy a 3D modeling packaging system they included Cinema4D Lite with integration.

So with that in mind, all you would have to do is pay $50/month and forget about paying for any other app, Creative Cloud has everything you would need.

They're not going to give in after building up for all these years, I certainly wouldn't, the only chance for us to have perpetual licenses option again is that they loose market dominance and their numbers wouldn't meet their quarterly projections.

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Jun 2, 2013 at 9:13:56 pm

My opinion too. They only can be stopped by a great amount of not subscribing users.
The only thing Adobe will notice is a lose of income.

BtW; There is already fear in the Cinema 4D usership (me too) that they will completely buy C4D.
If that happens I also have to move over to Autodesk. I also own (the right to use) that, but don´t use it as likely.
But it would fit into their way of catching the market dominance they want.
(And if they do, they will justify the rising of fees with that)

I just can suggest: Keep CS6 alive as long as you can & search for/use alternatives in that period, even if they don´t fit your needs as before. Don´t subscribe.
If you like an Adobe (a reliable serious partner) as it once had been & you want to go on with them its the only possibility in my eyes.

A shimmer of hope for all who don´t want to leave Adobe:
Since May 6th they already lost nearby 11% of stock prices compared to a rising NASDAQ. Nearby 9% in total. May be they will thinkover something if this goes on.
But also there is said: The evil will ever survive.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:22:19 pm

This doesnt say anything new. It does not even mention that perpetual lic will not be available.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:26:53 pm

Here is the actual link to their blog:
http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/our-move-to-creative-cloud-an-update/

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]