FORUMS: list search recent posts

Be very careful when turning auto-subscription off

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo Bermudas
Be very careful when turning auto-subscription off
on Jun 2, 2013 at 6:01:09 am

You would think you're turning auto-renewal off for the year commitment, but in reality you're cancelling the commitment right at that moment.

My year commitment ends on July 3rd, and I just got an email from Adobe saying that after that date my subscription will auto-renew and the new rate will be $49.99. And there was a link where I can make modifications to my billing settings.

Once I logged into my account, I see an option to cancel auto-renew, and also, the subscription type says yearly.

So I clicked on cancel auto-renew, and my account says it's cancelled as of this moment. Not what I had in mind.

I turned auto-subscription back on, and I get this message:

"You have reached the end of your prior annual commitment. By re-activating your subscription, you are signing up for another annual term that will begin today. If you need help or have any questions, contact Customer Support."

Wait a second, my year commitment ends on July 3rd!!!

So after explaining this situation 3 times to an Adobe customer representative, they agreed to give me that extra month, but who knows, their account settings management seems extremely buggy.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
Re: Be very careful when turning auto-subscription off
on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:20:56 am

Good to know, thanks. And I wonder whether this is "buggy" or "intended" behaviour. Or just plain stupid programming.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Ben Mullins
on Jun 2, 2013 at 2:27:40 pm

I'm surprised you found a button that cancels the subscription at all. I went through a maze of menus and FAQ's only to discover that if I wanted to cancel I had to contact customer support.

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Jun 2, 2013 at 6:30:32 pm

[Ben Mullins] "I'm surprised you found a button that cancels the subscription at all. I went through a maze of menus and FAQ's only to discover that if I wanted to cancel I had to contact customer support."

Yeah, it's not on your creative cloud account settings, it's in your Adobe account settings, and there you have the Creative Cloud subscription item.
The link I got in that email is:

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=di...

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
on Jun 2, 2013 at 6:31:56 pm

Also, by doing so you could get charged $200 as an early termination fee.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:47:30 pm

I was able to turn off auto-renewal without losing my subscription.

Return to posts index

Ben Mullins
on Jun 3, 2013 at 10:55:38 am

Gustavo Bermudas
Also, by doing so you could get charged $200 as an early termination fee.

Yep that's what I was told too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]