FORUMS: list search recent posts

what comes next...

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rainer Schubert
what comes next...
on May 31, 2013 at 12:11:13 pm

And here it is (tata): The new overwhelming great solution from MS for you: Windoofs creativest cloud!!
Nothing has changed but you will get 1 gb of online storage and a few other useless gimmicks (enough that we can name the baby "cloud" and tell that to our stack holders)
All that and the full access to our OS for the little monthly fee of $50!!!
No longer great barriers for you to use this great OS and your PC! Only half the price of boxed version (today :)
Always get automatically the newest updates like Windoofs Pissta or Windoofs 8 (If you want them or not and with no possibility to aware. If we want to kick out XP we will do.)!
It´s absolutely great, astonishing, amazing. Create your World!
Sugar glossy pink BS!

The small print:
Windoofis will connect to your bank account and when there is enough money it will start up. Else not.
Yes, we have full access to your cloud files and can handle them as we like. We are also allowed to cut access without any reason. But we will not do. May be... Trust us... Like you ever did (har har)
You will never lose FULL editable access to your files (as long as you pay).
No, there are not so many Apps (in most cases none) that can read and FULLY edit your creations. We tried to not tell you this. Xuse, that we don´t pointed out better.
No we are not longer motivated in doing updates (we never were a lot), as you will have to pay anyway.
And yes, it´s true, we will not longer sell other packaged OS, as we indirectly promised a few month ago, when we said, that our latest OS would be the last upgradeable (and forced you a little bit, to bring your old versions to actual). Xuse again - that´s part of our new philosophy.
Yes, you will always have to upgrade your hardware if we decide, it´s necessary. Elswise you can use our provided old version (we will not give our non subscribing long time users) but you have to pay for the latest. Sorry for that.
Ehm, yes, you are a kind of Beta-tester in future. Ehm, and we don´t give any warranty for anything. Ehm, good luck.
(May be our new updates - if they ever come to table - will not break any workflow like in the past. And if: Now you can be sure it hurts all users not only that, who installed first).
No, YOU don´t have to decide if it´s good for you. So it´s not longer an option any longer. It´s a musst, you must like.
Yes. it´s true, we bought also the competitor with the hooked fruit and all the others, so we are a monopolist right now. But you have enough choices to go nowhere. So take it or not. We are not forcing.
No, we are not listening to concerns, especially not if you are only a loser. Sorry, user was meant.
And we even don´t care about you.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: what comes next...
on May 31, 2013 at 4:24:22 pm

Wow! Put this guy on Comedy Central! Cutting sarcasm and biting satire, plus scatological humor, combined to make the average sixth grader roll on the floor laughing. My sides hurt...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Jun 1, 2013 at 3:21:00 pm

May be.
But I would be much more lucky, if the announcement of Adobe was made on Commedy Central.
Better Place, than it was made.
Also I´m not a native speaker and it´s even hard enough for me to find any words for that Disaster.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jun 1, 2013 at 7:48:02 pm

Rainer -

I greatly respect the fact that you can communicate in a second language than your native one, and do not take issue with that. I just feel that taking the sarcastic, mocking approach to what is obviously a problem for all of us, achieves nothing but a less serious attitude toward those who oppose the CC from Adobe. As I've said many times here (and I have no right to silence anyone here - it's a forum for debate), I believe that by stating the opposition in clear, concise terms, is the only way in which to communicate with a corporation, which communicates in business-speak. To do anything otherwise diminishes the argument.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Jun 1, 2013 at 8:10:50 pm

Agree with you from the ground.
But it´s not really easy for me, to keep my tone serious on that theme.
This change does me an real harm and will cost me lots of money and time the next years.
And also I have to change my daily work for years in a way, that I don´t find necessary.
And an other argument, which makes me really angry is, that the opposite (let me call the Pro clouds that way, as they are in my eyes) seems to understand very exactly what difficulties we have with that. And they are answering with pointing out again and again the pro arguments - still don´t accept, that there are problems which are problems. And not only little ones. Sorry - there is also ignorance in some of the discussions which are in a correct articulation.
So there you will reach a point, where you like to shout - even when you should better turn 180 degree, shut up and simply walk away as a loser.
Things are like they are - I know.
But I used these tools for more than 22 years. Most of them I liked and I was familiar with them.

Coming to the end - yes it would be more constructive to keep the tone. And I normally do. But I´m also a Human Being - not perfect every time...
And sometimes humor helps - may be was not the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]