FORUMS: list search recent posts

The solution to the cloud..... maybe?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hendrix
The solution to the cloud..... maybe?
on May 29, 2013 at 12:19:01 pm

Here is what I think Adobe should offer. I know some have mentioned this in a round about way, but I think there could be validity in this at least as a test in one year.

At the begining of the product cycle, you offer the last version for sale. So on June 17th, 2014, you offer CS Next V1 for sale. Here is the kicker, you only offer it for sale for 30 days.

The other point is price. Owning may cost a bit more than past upgrades. If you joined CC today and paid $600 for the next year and then wanted to buy the license outright, it may cost you $1000, but you can own it forever and you can open your files that you created in the last year forever.

I know there are some downfalls to this plan as people will not be happy with the extra cost of ownership and it would also put Adobe back in a "New Feature" developement cycle, but it does offer ownership.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: The solution to the cloud..... maybe?
on May 29, 2013 at 12:44:24 pm

While that sounds great, how about offering the upgrade to the suite one has--let's call it "production premium". Let's set the price point around...say $375, and it's the upgrade to the last version. Previous version upgrades could be a little more. Now let's say that each year, someone upgrades and pays $375 for production premium and will get to "own" that, and have the option to upgrade each year.
Or, if one so wants, they can jump in to "the cloud" and obtain all of the suite for a set price point.

This is what we in the industry call business, and business options. The way it works is the customer has options, and the customer does whats best for their particular business model. It's worked great for centuries! Quite the novel idea, really!

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on May 29, 2013 at 2:39:25 pm

Sorry Tim, but that will never work. It's never been tried before and as such is a ridiculous idea. How did you ever come up with it? ;)

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on May 29, 2013 at 3:16:50 pm

I know... Giving the customer what they want and need. Choices. What an absolute crazy and stupid thing to do.

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on May 29, 2013 at 10:48:27 pm

[Michael Hendrix] At the begining of the product cycle, you offer the last version for sale. So on June 17th, 2014, you offer CS Next V1 for sale. Here is the kicker, you only offer it for sale for 30 days.

I'd rather they just man up and do a perpetual license like they did before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]