FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Shark Tank isn't big enough to hold all of the petition signers

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
The Shark Tank isn't big enough to hold all of the petition signers
on May 19, 2013 at 10:04:44 pm

As of right now- 2:30 Pacific time on May 19- the petition to Adobe asking them to end their "cloud subscription only" requirement has 19,531 signatures on it.

http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-ma...

I mentioned in an earlier thread that the Staples Center in Los Angeles, where the Lakers play, has a capacity of 18,118. So the number of petition signers is too big to fit in there now.

But not long before the number outgrew the Staples Center, it blew past another sports capacity milestone that I see as even more significant- because I know many Adobe employees can relate to it very well.

The HP Pavilion, where the San Jose Sharks play hockey- which is right down the street from Adobe headquarters- has a crowd capacity of 17,496. So, if everyone who signed that petition descended upon San Jose to go to an event at the Shark Tank, over 2,000 of them would have to stay outside in the parking lot.

I'm sure Adobe would counter this by saying it would take over 20 Pavilions to hold all of the Creative Cloud subscribers. But I'm also sure that for everyone who signed that petition there are many more who share their views but either haven't signed it or don't know about it. And I imagine there are a lot of people on Creative Cloud whose opinions of it aren't as favorable as they used to be now that they know that a cloud subscription is the only game in town for Adobe upgrades.

To all the Adobe people here who work in San Jose: Please pass this along to your co-workers at Adobe HQ. Hopefully they'll reflect on it a bit next time they drive past the Pavilion.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
Re: The Shark Tank isn't big enough to hold all of the petition signers
on May 19, 2013 at 11:39:01 pm

[Greg Andonian] "As of right now- 2:30 Pacific time on May 19- the petition to Adobe asking them to end their "cloud subscription only" requirement has 19,531 signatures on it."

>20K and rising.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 19, 2013 at 11:52:53 pm

When doing surveys they usually extrapolate the numbers by the tenth so these 20k mean at least 200k users.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on May 20, 2013 at 12:25:55 am

A thing of beauty :D

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on May 20, 2013 at 12:35:30 am

[Ricardo Marty] "When doing surveys they usually extrapolate the numbers by the tenth so these 20k mean at least 200k users."

[Tom Daigon] "A thing of beauty :D"

I'm looking forward to when it hits 50K. You know it will!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on May 20, 2013 at 1:45:34 am

[David Lawrence] I'm looking forward to when it hits 50K. You know it will!

I'm hoping it will top 70k by the time the new CC versions become available.

"There's a petition to Adobe asking for the return of perpetual licensing, and it's been signed by enough people to fill Candlestick Park" would make a nice footnote to news stories about the launch... ;)

Return to posts index

Hamdani Milas
on May 20, 2013 at 4:04:10 am

Overnight (here), measured over 9 hours, the average sign-up rate has been 3.8 signatures every minute. If that's maintained it could reach 50K sometime over next weekend.

Even as it stands, at some 20,000 plus signatories, if each of these people were willing to sign up for Creative Cloud at the nominal rate of say $38/month (average of all 6 current subscription offers, ignoring the 99 cents!) on the basis of smaller industry-specific product bundles, together with an acceptable perpetual license loyalty incentive option, that's an annual revenue of US$9.12m just for starters. Surely Adobe cannot ignore these numbers?

Amusingly apt anagram of Creative Cloud - Lucrative Code.

Hamdani Milas

Independent producer, director, cinematographer, writer, editor
Milas Film Productions, Hong Kong
http://www.milasfilm.com

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 20, 2013 at 4:29:45 pm

Imagine if everyone who signed that petition posted on this thread! Yikes!

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.3, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]