FORUMS: list search recent posts

Philip Hodgetts (or Someone Else): Please Create an AE to Motion Transfer Tool

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richert Goyette
Philip Hodgetts (or Someone Else): Please Create an AE to Motion Transfer Tool
on May 18, 2013 at 8:16:24 pm

Pixelmator has a new vector toolkit: http://www.pixelmator.com/blog/2013/05/14/introducing-vectormator/

If Phillip or someone else would create an AE to Motion Transfer tool, I am willing to go through total Adobe withdrawal.

Rich

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Philip Hodgetts (or Someone Else): Please Create an AE to Motion Transfer Tool
on May 18, 2013 at 8:38:56 pm

I imagine there's all kinds of hardships involved in this process, but if nothing else an xml interpreter type app to get files into motion would be pretty great.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: Philip Hodgetts (or Someone Else): Please Create an AE to Motion Transfer Tool
on May 18, 2013 at 9:31:39 pm

[Richert Goyette] "f Phillip or someone else would create an AE to Motion Transfer tool,"

They have such different underlying approaches that that seems an impossibly tall order. AE could open up Motion 4 projects for a while, because of underlying XML, but with limited success. And that's the easy direction. Certainly, tools can be built that will be able to bridge certain gaps, but there are far too many variables to ever make some kind of 1:1 transfer tool. You just can't expect that.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 19, 2013 at 12:49:02 am

> AE could open up Motion 4 projects for a while, because of underlying XML, but with limited success.

You can still do this, using the Pro Import After Effects feature (built into After Effects from Automatic Duck in CS6 and later).

Regarding the "limited success" part: Be sure to let us know with a bug report what isn't working for you:
http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 19, 2013 at 1:41:26 am

[Todd Kopriva] "You can still do this, using the Pro Import After Effects feature (built into After Effects from Automatic Duck in CS6 and later). "

Good to know! I'm still using Motion 4, mostly; I had for some reason assumed that it would not work with 5 because of changes to XML. When I think of it, though, that aspect of Motion probably hasn't changed at all.

[Todd Kopriva] "Regarding the "limited success" part: Be sure to let us know with a bug report what isn't working for you:"

By "limited success" I mean that there are processes that just will not translate. If you are a heavy Behaviors user, for instance--you can send the keyframes of your last settings, but lose all behavior control since there is no analog in AE.

And, hey, don't get me wrong: I think its a miracle that it ever got working in the first place. Kinda blew my mind the first time I did, since it was quite by accident. My jaw actually dropped, and I actually said aloud, "WTF?" while staring at the screen.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 19, 2013 at 2:03:04 am

Motion 5 files will not be imported by the Pro Import After Effects feature in the current version of After Effects. There were too many changes for us to accommodate easily. If you need this working, let us know with a feature request:
http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 19, 2013 at 3:15:44 am

Wow. You guys are working hard today.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 19, 2013 at 3:34:29 am

Nah. Mostly taking it easy today (Saturday). It's not hard work to answer a question while waiting for chicken to defrost.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]