FORUMS: list search recent posts

If you think you're mad about Creative Cloud, check out this guy...

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Bates
If you think you're mad about Creative Cloud, check out this guy...
on May 8, 2013 at 1:56:57 pm

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: If you think you're mad about Creative Cloud, check out this guy...
on May 8, 2013 at 1:59:54 pm

This never gets old. I laugh every time I see the various representations. Love it! hahahahaa

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on May 8, 2013 at 2:33:47 pm

It amazes me how fast they can come out with these!

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID5 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * CS6.x Creative Cloud
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 8, 2013 at 3:58:18 pm

Who would have guessed that Hitler could bring so much amusement to so many...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Sean Bates
on May 8, 2013 at 4:19:28 pm

Maybe it's his cosmic penance to be the butt of YouTube jokes for all eternity. I know some find angry Hitler videos to be a bit cliche but I see them as something of a tradition. It isn't a true controversy until Hitler rants about it.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 8, 2013 at 4:23:02 pm

[Sean Bates] "It isn't a true controversy until Hitler rants about it."

Agreed.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 8, 2013 at 5:40:16 pm

[Sean Bates] "Maybe it's his cosmic penance to be the butt of YouTube jokes for all eternity. I know some find angry Hitler videos to be a bit cliche but I see them as something of a tradition. It isn't a true controversy until Hitler rants about it."

For sure. Of course this is only a one Hitler event. The FCP X release inspired three different Hitlers.

Return to posts index

Sean Bates
on May 8, 2013 at 5:59:05 pm

The FCP-X Hitler video was definitely a classic.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 8, 2013 at 6:08:12 pm

This is a particularly good, well nuanced Hitler, as well. I give it four out of five swastikas.

Return to posts index

Sean Bates
on May 8, 2013 at 7:36:29 pm

Thanks, Chris. Four out of five swastikas is as good as an Emmy in my book.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on May 8, 2013 at 7:41:56 pm

[Sean Bates] "Thanks, Chris. Four out of five swastikas is as good as an Emmy in my book.
"

Is it yours? Excellent job. Caught the rant nuances perfectly.

Return to posts index

Sean Bates
on May 8, 2013 at 7:48:17 pm

Yep. Made with Creative Cloud no less.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on May 9, 2013 at 6:46:59 pm

[Sean Bates] "The FCP-X Hitler video was definitely a classic."

Thank you Sean. That one was by me and my brother.

And speaking as one Hitler ranter to another, I say to you, "Well done, Sir!"

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Sean Bates
on May 9, 2013 at 6:53:15 pm

Thanks, David. Your Hitler rant was hands down the inspiration to do this. When someone compared this "debacle" to the FCP thing it was the first thing that came to mind. Happy to carry on the tradition. We'll have find someone else to do the Avid version in a year or two :)

Return to posts index

Todd VanSlyck
on May 8, 2013 at 7:32:32 pm

"Call Avid. Tell them it's their turn to screw us next."
Much LOL's

Dell T76000 Dual 8-core 2.4 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Tesla c2075
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
After Effects CS6
Cinema 4d r12

Return to posts index

Nevin Styre
on May 8, 2013 at 8:55:01 pm

his 20 year comment piqued my interest.

How many people here have had to go back to old project files from 10, 15, 20 years ago? Did you use the same software/system it was originally created in to make changes? Not trying to fan any flames just generally interested in the topic.

Return to posts index

Sean Bates
on May 9, 2013 at 3:31:50 am

Lol. The twenty year thing might have been an exaggeration on my part. I doubt anyone would realistically expect to open a project that old. Crap, twenty years ago was what? Video Toasters?

Return to posts index

Karl Soule
on May 9, 2013 at 2:59:31 pm

I recently had to help a broadcaster with an AE project from version 5.5. NOT CS 5.5, mind you - AE 5.5, pre-Creative Suite!

(For those curious, it took about 30 minutes and 2 steps - 5.5 project into AE CS4, and then CS4 into CS6.)

Full disclosure - I work for Adobe, but I'm currently based in Singapore, and in the above example, I wasn't in a situation where I had access to any special internal archives. I also got rid of the vast majority of my old software disks and boxes before the move. (picking up and moving 8000 miles is a super cleansing experience.) In effect, I was in a similar situation to the one a lot of folks are using as a hypothetical negative situation for Creative Cloud - need to access an older project, don't have the software anymore, don't want to pay for a 1-off revision project.

Within 10 minutes of searching online, I found a trial version of AE CS4, and was able to install it, open the project, make the revisions, and save it back out in a newer format.

Something that I don't think has been talked about much yet is that Cloud users will still have access to older versions (CS6 being the oldest) as new updates come out. No updates are mandatory, and you'll be able to choose to keep an older CC version if you need it.

Karl Soule'
blogs.adobe.com/VideoRoad
k soule (@) adobe (period) com
Twitter: karlsoule

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 9, 2013 at 7:06:00 pm

Hi Karl, thanks for dropping in. I don't think most of us are worried about opening old projects from earlier versions. I still have my disks and passwords from heaven knows when. If not we can always try to find a trial as you described. But isn't that the beauty of having old versions available and an argument for ownership?

If an individual subscribes to Cloud versions of the software they won't be able to find free versions of the Cloud applications their work was created on. The only way to get it would be to resubscribe or keep paying forever. There lies the problem with this model. If we adopt it we're stuck.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 9, 2013 at 8:22:40 pm

Media 100 was almost 20 years ago, and yes, I can still open those projects.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Sean Bates
on May 10, 2013 at 3:19:57 am

Must be strange to open up one of those timelines. What kind of computer do you keep to run it?

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 10, 2013 at 3:39:25 am

I've got a G4 Dual Power Mac with the Media 100 XR card in it. I think even my Mac Pro 2010 with Media 100 2.1.3 would open a timeline from that period. They are in the Media 100 codec. It runs on a AJA LHi card, the same computer I have CS6 on. Of course they are SD. Media 100 was known for it's video quality. It was really the first system doing compressed video that was considered to have online quality.Of course Media 100 will handle other codecs now. Best quality is uncompressed or ProRes HQ or 4444. It will also do Red RAW and 4K.

I have an Avid MC in a Quadra 950 from the mid to late 90's that still works fine. There are several projects on that I wouldn't want to give up. I was the dealer for Avid (exclusive) and Media 100 (2 of us) in Hawaii in the '90's.

Jim Wiseman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]