FORUMS: list search recent posts

FFMPEG seriously beats Media Encoder at H264 encoding

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Morten Ranmar
FFMPEG seriously beats Media Encoder at H264 encoding
on Sep 27, 2017 at 7:14:52 am

We just did a H264 encoding comparison test between Adobe ME and FFMPEG, and are able to get files that are about quarter to half size in the same quality from FFMPEG - and this is without going into advanced settings!

If Adobe wants to lead the market in digital production and delivery, they should take encoding more seriously.

- No Parking Production -

3 x Adobe CC, 3 x iMac, 3 x MbP, 10 GB Ethernet File Server

Return to posts index

Florian Sepp
Re: FFMPEG seriously beats Media Encoder at H264 encoding
on Oct 23, 2017 at 9:40:24 am

check out handbreak for H264 encoding. free extreemly fast and good quality.

best regards
Florian

Florian Sepp visual arts
http://www.floriansepp.com

Return to posts index

Matthew Ross
on Oct 23, 2017 at 12:22:05 pm

That’s the magic of the x.264 encoder, which both FFmpeg and Handbrake use to make h.264s. It’s definitely way better at lower bitrates than the Main Concept h.264 encoder which Adobe licenses. Where I work, we use TMPGEnc, which has a plugin that lets you export x.264 right out of Adobe products. It doesn’t give you better quality than either FFmpeg or Handbrake since they’re all just using the x.264 library, but it has the convenience of letting you export right out of Premiere or Media Encoder just like any other export.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 23, 2017 at 4:11:41 pm

Is there a GUI for ffmpeg for mac now? Aldo, where is FFMPEG in regards to h.265, also known as HEVC? I'm curious because I'm forced to transition away from using mpeg streamclip and I'm a tyro when it comes to Premiere and Adobe CC - related stuff.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]