FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why does Adobe screw up every new release?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Scott Witthaus
Why does Adobe screw up every new release?
on Aug 14, 2017 at 11:40:54 am

Not meaning the software per se, but this last release let me use Pr and Ps just fine, but Ae thinks it's a 7-day trial. The update before that put Pr on a trial basis. And on and on. C'mon Adobe, get it together.

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Why does Adobe screw up every new release?
on Aug 14, 2017 at 12:20:10 pm

It's just you ☺ I've updated multiple systems here and not seeing that issue. Are you seeing this on more than one computer?

Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Aug 14, 2017 at 4:01:23 pm

Yes. This is using the school's multi seat license. No telling which software will be in "trial". I just got a new tricked out MBP. CC is loaded and I will fire that up later today to see what happens (only in the three I use, Ae, Pr, Ps).

fyi FCPX has always worked perfectly. ;-)

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 14, 2017 at 4:07:33 pm

[Scott Witthaus] "fyi FCPX has always worked perfectly. ;-)"

I've generally had good luck with all of the App Store updates, too. Avid MC though App Mgr - more unpredictable. Since you are using the school's enterprise license, I wonder if you are hitting some sort of limit, based on the school's negotiated contract with Adobe. I've seen that happen. You should check with the IT department or whoever is the admin.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Aug 15, 2017 at 7:09:06 pm

Interestingly enough, the update to the new MBp worked fine. I wonder if it has anything to do with old version bits and pieces still left on the system.

Scott Witthaus

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 16, 2017 at 12:14:40 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Aug 17, 2017 at 7:24:49 pm

I just spent an evening messing around with Apple support and my Apple ID. Not a reassuring experience. While my App Store download experience has been great, I'd say on the whole, my Apple licensing experience (factoring in Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes, etc) has been worse than anything with Adobe.

When I take a quick mental poll of family, friends and media colleagues, I hear far more horror stories on the Apple side - again, the total experience, not just app downloads. It's the price we pay for [the illusion of] online account security.

Oliver

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]