FORUMS: list search recent posts

Oh no.

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Bill Davis
Oh no.
on Nov 20, 2016 at 11:05:10 pm

Just for the forums "old timers" ...

Some of you will remember my hassle with my CC Photography subscription back a year or more ago?

I was upset because it got screwed up and was double billing. So the Adobe folk who hang here stepped in honestly tried to help me make it right (among the nice things they did was get me a new FREE 1-year Photography subscription out of the hassle.

I really *thought* I'd killed the other rogue "crashed when signing up" subscription. Well I hadn't. A month later, I got billed again. Me being dumb, I figured something went screwy with the "freebie" so I decided to leave well enough alone. I was paying for ONE subscription - and I was using ONE subscription.

The world was in balance.

Surprise! Not long ago, the freebie ran out. And guess what? The formerly free subscription morphed into a paid one. No notice, no warning, just the credit card hit as it auto-converted into a second billed subscription again.

Last week, I decided to grit my teeth and try to get one of the two cancelled. So I went on line, hoping that things were easier today than they'd been last year.

Nope.

Last time I spent one hour and 30 minutes trying to get it cleared up.

This time, I spent one hour and 40 minutes on the phone.

Today, I STILL have two billings per month. They bill again on the 22nd and the 24th. And I don't have the energy to try to stop it this month.

The details are irrelevant. But nothing has really changed from my perspective as a customer. (aside from the fact that I have a lovely transcript of my entire customer service session, including finally trying to just "cancel everything - PLEASE" and getting shuffled up the chain - where I languished for 15 minutes before the call was dropped.

Did I mention I hate the subscription model?

Oh well.

Let me renew my warning to all. USE A PREPAID CARD for ANY subscription you buy from ANYONE if you're in the US. If I'd been smart enough to do that - killing the card (and they not having ANY other on file!) - would surely have auto-killed at least ONE of my subscriptions. (Probably the one to my active software account, but whatever)

I say again, never use a personal card. The card I originally signed up with was actually replaced after a BofA data breach more than a year ago - and I "thought" that the number being killed might kill at least one of those subscriptions. Guess again. Somehow, the rogue subscription got transferred to the new card when it was issued without a hiccup.

Efficient, huh?

At least it's just $10.62 times 2 - not 49 bucks twice.

And so it goes....

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Oh no.
on Nov 21, 2016 at 7:47:04 pm

That sucks, Bill. When I saw the thread title I was like, "Oh no, I hope Bill *still* isn't having billing issues. This might be a Hail Mary suggestion, but have you thought about reporting it as a fraudulent charge with your credit card company?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 21, 2016 at 9:46:18 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "This might be a Hail Mary suggestion, but have you thought about reporting it as a fraudulent charge with your credit card company?"

Well, it sorta isn't actually a "fraudulent charge" is it? I'm sure theres a computer somewhere in Adobe that would let me access the second account I'm being billed for - if I only knew what the access ID and password for that account was. I don't. But that doesn't mean Adobe is in violation of anything more than a database screw-up. Which is what I had HOPED I could fix.

The other thing is what I alluded to in the writeup I posted when my branch bank manager told me that in the brave new world of ACH transactions, the bank isn't a party to anything really. The contract is between the vendor and the customer. The fact that my bank also issued my credit card doesn't actually give them any power to stop an on-going contractual process - which is what the bank manager indicated this auto-billing process was.

Only the parties to the contract have standing in that. That means ME and Adobe. Nobody else. Disputes must be resolved via binding arbitration.

Welcome to the new financial order.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Nov 21, 2016 at 10:48:27 pm

[Bill Davis] "Well, it sorta isn't actually a "fraudulent charge" is it?"

Certainly a stretch, but if you have it documented that you've asked for the account to be closed, but Adobe won't close the account and keeps billing you for it that sounds fraudulent to me. Maybe "unauthorized" is a better term? I know you talked to your bank, but under the Fair Credit Billing Act you can dispute billing errors such as "charges for goods and services you didn't accept or that weren't delivered as agreed"

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0219-disputing-credit-card-charges#bi...

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Nov 28, 2016 at 8:57:32 pm

[Bill Davis] "Only the parties to the contract have standing in that. That means ME and Adobe. Nobody else. Disputes must be resolved via binding arbitration."

You can always do a chargeback with the risk that Adobe will never allow you to be a customer again. So try it if you don't think you have anything to lose.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]