FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is your game plan?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
What is your game plan?
on May 23, 2016 at 8:20:39 pm

Now with the debate officially over long ago just curious as to what direction everyone has gone. Are you still using Adobe or have you gone another direction? For those that are currently subscribed to CC, what are plans going forward? I like to keep an open mind and be flexible with my workflow. Always willing to change course if something better meets my needs.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: What is your game plan?
on May 24, 2016 at 12:31:32 am
Last Edited By Ricardo Marty on May 24, 2016 at 12:38:05 am

Using adobe cs6 and reolve 11. Will jump to R-12.5 as soon as I upgrade my computer. Will continue to use ps and ae 6 until I get the hang of fusion.

Rather spend my money on Blackmagic,Resolve and Fusion then give it to adobe.

I dont work above 2k. But will be shooting 4k to re reframe.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on May 24, 2016 at 12:46:37 am

I need to add more memory to my machine otherwise Fusion will not install. I am working in max resolution of 2.5K until I can upgrade. Fusion looks like something I will use, node based wotkflow is not intimidating once you get to know it. The only reason I don't use Resolve is because bins are inefficient for organizing. I find FCP X much more capable for that and editing. On the other hand Resolve has some really nice features. For example I could track a lens flare to a headlight on a car with the new tracker they added. Motion is something else I use for very basic motion graphics.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 24, 2016 at 2:08:50 am

I wish resolve would havea mid tier between resolve and studio. with all the fxs and none of the 3d and networking stuff. That would be perfect for me. i'd be willing to pay for a version like that. 5 or 600 dollars.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
on May 25, 2016 at 3:30:48 pm

Right now I'm sticking primarily with Adobe, although I did end up buying Compressor for exports as Media Encoder just simply wasn't cutting it for one of the formats I need on a regular basis. And although I am definitely intrigued by other products out there, nothing has really wowed me enough to switch over. I'm likely in a minority of users who uses Ae, Pr, Ps, Lr, Ai, Au and Id on a regular basis, often with a great deal of interaction between the products, so the integration is a huge plus for my workflow.

I will say that I've been really happy with the CC 2015 apps, and I'm looking forward to some of the updates in 2016. I really like how Ae has been focusing on performance and such, and so I'm glad to see that- at least as far as they have teased- that that will be continued in CC2016.

One feature that I use all the time that works as advertised is Audition's Remix. It has saved me tons of time already and it works amazingly well. If the upcoming Essential Sound Panel has the same level of quality in its performance, I'll be very happy. I'm also looking forward to the Lumetri updates in Pr and Ae, which for my uses more than adequately cover color correction needs and are just fun to work with.

This is somewhat related, but I've been really impressed with Adobe's work on the mobile side. I think the interaction between the mobile apps and the other products is still pretty nascent, but there are already tons of fun and interesting uses that I think already have professional applications and likely will more so as they develop. I use Adobe Capture from time to time to find and create color palettes to use with my animations, and the way they integrate into Libraries makes it feel pretty seamless. Same with LUT's. The new pattern creator is just fun to use, and being able to make brushes from random things is pretty neat too. I also really like Adobe Post on the social media side; while it's not content creation related per se, it does make interaction on social media front interesting and fun.

For me those types of things- even though they aren't (at present) terribly robust- do have value in that they bring the creative process to a more personal level that isn't dependent on me being in a certain place at a certain time. I have gotten to the point where I see color palettes out in the wild that strike me, and I can instantly generate a set of swatches or a LUT out of them and come back to them later after I've forgotten all about it and the moment of inspiration has passed. To me that's a huge value add.

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
on May 27, 2016 at 10:52:42 pm

My 3 best clients right now are motion design studios that all pretty much live in After Effects. None of them specializes in editorial, but they're all getting a ton of editorial work along with the graphic/motion graphic stuff they pitch. There is absolutely no way I could tell any of them we should use Avid, FCPX, Resolve or anything but Premiere for the edit. Two of these places are mac and the other is PC. They expect to have rough cuts in Premiere that they have easy access to through dynamic link, they expect to be able to send me layered .psd and .ai files without incident and they expect to be able to see exactly where we're all at at any time.

I'm not changing a thing.

Return to posts index

Florian Sepp
on Jun 1, 2016 at 6:40:20 pm

I lost parted myself emotionally from adobe as a company. still using CS6 with a tendency to use fusion. waiting for affinity photo for pc and today was quite surprised about this:
https://krita.org/item/krita-3-0-released/

Florian Sepp visual arts
http://www.floriansepp.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 1, 2016 at 8:21:12 pm

Just noticed that Automatic Duck has a send to Motion thing for FCP X which is nice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]