FORUMS: list search recent posts

No news?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
No news?
on Apr 18, 2016 at 8:12:30 pm

I thought the message board would light up. I mean there has to be something that we can debate from NAB news. Guess the light bulbs need replacing.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: No news?
on Apr 19, 2016 at 4:54:52 am

What's there to debate? Here's what's coming and what's being shown.

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/whats-coming-next-in-adobe-premiere-pr...

The advances in this update are very solid and useful improvements. If you like Premiere, then it just keeps getting better.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 19, 2016 at 8:22:54 am

There's no change to the subscription model so nothing new for people to debate on here

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 21, 2016 at 4:55:39 pm

Was not looking for a debate was just curious about NAB news. I did go to the Adobe site and found some nice features. Right now I am happy with my current system but willing to consider other options.

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
on Apr 19, 2016 at 2:22:19 pm

I'm looking forward to having secondaries in the Lumetri Color Panel; for my purposes I think that will pretty much make SpeedGrade unnecessary. I'm also intrigued about the performance updates to Ae, and I'm really glad that they've been focusing their efforts in that direction over the past couple updates.

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Apr 19, 2016 at 8:32:56 pm

You can do secondaries now with the three way color corrector - but this looks significantly better and more user friendly

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on May 5, 2016 at 7:39:18 pm

This year, the big NAB news seemed to be focused very little on NLE operations - and very much more on the continuing big changes on the horizon to the industry itself. The big messages were about the coming workflows for 360 video and lots of forms of virtual reality plumbing making their way to an NLE near you soon. Also lots of drone advancements and cleaver ways to deploy more cameras, more often.

On the NLE and software side, it was mostly incremental bumps (ala Resolve 12.X) and basically "trust us, we're working on great things" general messages from Apple and Adobe - but nothing was overtly released at the show as something you could write a check for today.

In that sense, it was a very "forward looking" NAB to my eye.

Short on specifics, long on glimpses at what might be coming, whether it's the OZO, the Lytro, or ways that the early adopters might get a jump on what might be coming along in future years.

In that sense, it was an extremely exciting show this year. But perhaps not so much for users with a loaded checkbook wanting to re-outfit themselves TODAY. That stuff was around, particularly in lighting and production add-ons like the BlackMagic Studio Viewfinder - but it was the stuff AROUND the core stuff, rather than news about the core stuff itself.

My takeaway anyway.

New signature under construction and coming soon. Please stand by...

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 5, 2016 at 7:47:29 pm

[Bill Davis] "Adobe - but nothing was overtly released at the show as something you could write a check for today."

Adobe did preview the specific new features that will show up in the next version of CC. Probably within the next month or two. And Autodesk showed specific new features in Flame, although that's probably not within the realm of most of the folks here. Naturally these things are evolutionary, but they were tangible new features. In the case of Avid Media Composer, nothing new for NAB was shown, however, they've just come off of a major release for MC only a few short months ago.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on May 5, 2016 at 9:26:29 pm

[Oliver Peters] "they've just come off of a major release for MC only a few short months ago."

This is an EXTREMELY welcome phenomenon for me. It's ready when it's ready. Don't arbitrarily hold it back for NAB, and don't rush it out the door for NAB. Nothing about the release becomes more or less attractive because it's available in February or June or December instead of April, but EVERYTHING is attractive about it being READY.

Dan May specifically talked about this for Blackmagic too, in his interview posted here at the COW, here. NAB is still gonna be the first time that most people get to see the thing, no matter when it's actually released. Releasing them when they're ready means that the company doesn't have to be its own stumbling block getting these products out the door.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]