FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe update bug

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Adobe update bug
on Feb 13, 2016 at 1:30:49 am

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/02/warning-bug-in-adobe-creative-cloud-de...

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
Re: Adobe update bug
on Feb 13, 2016 at 5:54:49 am

Yikes!

linkedIn: http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
vimeo: vimeo.com/album/2271696
web: propaganda.com
facebook: /dlawrence
twitter: @dhl

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 13, 2016 at 1:26:03 pm

So what do you do if you've updated and logged in again?

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Feb 14, 2016 at 6:00:51 pm

More about Creative Cloud's latest feature upgrade. Hope you don't use Backblaze backup. Well worth lifetime rental payments.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/adobe-creative-cloud-update-bug-deletes...

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2, Final Cut Studio 2 & 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC: Mid 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 15": 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: Helios 2 w 2-960GB SSDs: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 24Gb RAM, GTX-680, 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro Retina 2015, i7, 500GB, M370X 2GB: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD, Multiple OWC Thunderbay 4 TB2 and eSATA QX2 RAID 5 HD systems

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Feb 14, 2016 at 7:49:05 pm

[Jim Wiseman] "More about Creative Cloud's latest feature upgrade. Hope you don't use Backblaze backup. Well worth lifetime rental payments.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/adobe-creative-cloud-update-bug-deletes.....

Jim Wiseman"

As bad as it is, you still get this sort of cr** with perpetual license software as well!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 14, 2016 at 8:04:52 pm

The attitude by some posters at MacRumors is pretty hilarious considering that when Mavericks was released it had a major bug that would totally erase all the data from any external HDD that was hooked up to your Mac. Oops.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/mavericks-deletes-external-hard-drive-da...

Just more reasons why I don't get in early on any new software build regardless of which company it comes from.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Feb 15, 2016 at 5:49:43 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Just more reasons why I don't get in early on any new software build regardless of which company it comes from."

This is more the takeaway than anything else. Every major software developer has utterly dropped the ball on a software release - Apple, Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, Avid, etc. This has next to nothing to do with the business model, and everything to do with QC setups within Adobe. Inevitably even with the best QC model bugs and problems still get through...it's the pain of being human.

As I tell my team, I like to be on the leading edge of technology...not the bleeding edge.Those on the leading edge stands on the shoulders of those who went before and bled!

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Feb 15, 2016 at 6:09:59 pm

[Ryan Holmes] "Inevitably even with the best QC model bugs and problems still get through...it's the pain of being human."

I'm still going to put Adobe's response time in the "pretty nifty human, verging on super human" range. I can think of companies that would just post a workaround and deal with it at the next scheduled rev.

Or just tell you that you're holding it wrong, or some other spin designed to make you feel like the a-hole for insisting there's a problem.

Nope. Adobe did the right thing. Put all hands on deck, even on a holiday weekend, and turn the fix around fast.

Anybody care to add a name to the "major bug fixed in under 72 hours on a holiday weekend" list? I'll make it easier. Doesn't have to be a weekend, and doesn't have to be 72 hours. Some people can point to a lot of things Adobe does that they'll never forgive, but I think they've also set the new benchmark for crisis response. If your vendors aren't taking their responsibilities as seriously as Adobe is, you might consider reopening the discussions of what it means to get your money's worth.

And if the business model remains the dealbreaker, it's still worth using Adobe as the benchmark to hold your other vendors' feet to the fire. "Adobe stepped up. Why aren't you? What's your plan to do better?"

That's my bottom line, really. "Impress me that you want to do better." Right now, Adobe's impressing me more than just about anybody else I'm paying.

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Feb 18, 2016 at 7:35:29 am

Except constant "improvements" without a schedule was one of if not the major reason behind the move to rental and CC. We want it now, we don't want to wait a whole year to get it. Even if it is rushed out the door to meet sales targets and expectations. Stock market demands. Don't remember the Mavericks bug. Always wait on OS'es. I never update an OS until .3 or .4. At least .2 if reports are good. CC is built on the premise that new features and constant improvement is why you take on the rental nonsense to begin with. Adobe doesn't care much about the Mac anyway. Apple is the competition.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Final Cut Studio 2 & 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5 5.5 and 6.0, Resolve 12.3.1, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC: Mid 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 15": 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: Helios 2 w 2-960GB SSDs: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 24Gb RAM, GTX-680, 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro Retina 2015, i7, 500GB, M370X 2GB: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD, Multiple OWC Thunderbay 4 TB2 and eSATA QX2 RAID 5 HD systems

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Feb 17, 2016 at 1:42:57 am

The beginning of the end to this nonsense? Add a few core items to this list and who knows?:

From someone who can no longer be accused of not being an Adobe Customer...

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Feb 17, 2016 at 2:30:35 am

[Chris Pettit] "The beginning of the end to this nonsense? Add a few core items to this list and who knows?:"

I thought Adobe alienating it's customer base by going CC only was supposed to be the beginning of the end? ;)

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Feb 17, 2016 at 2:45:49 am

[Andrew Kimery] "I thought Adobe alienating it's customer base by going CC only was supposed to be the beginning of the end? ;)"

It was IMO. Either way, eventually there may actually be actual alternatives. Then we'll see wont we?

Replacement for AE: Game over.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Feb 17, 2016 at 2:37:31 am

I have another 4 months before my subscription ends. Waiting to see what BMD has up their sleeves with Resolve Studio, not changing my NLE of choice just yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]