FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is adobe still raking in 12k subscritions per day?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
Is adobe still raking in 12k subscritions per day?
on May 15, 2013 at 5:41:59 pm

I would asume that if the cc subcription rate was equal or more than before the announcement that adobe would use this to continue justifying its new way if not to us certanly to its share holders. But nothing.

I wonder whats happening.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
Re: Is adobe still raking in 12k subscritions per day?
on May 15, 2013 at 6:08:53 pm

I doubt that Adobe will do much to attempt to answer any critiques from this point on...they'll likely just stay on plan.

I suspect they don't know what they would have to say to change anyone's minds anyway...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 15, 2013 at 6:30:11 pm

I totaly disagree. Stock value is probobly the prime motor for adobes ceo to change their business model.

Adobes stock since the 7 has remained dull and no analyst is giving it more than neutral. Do you think that if the rate of new subscribers increasing that adobe would not inform the share holders? If the stocks have not gone up its because there is no news from adobe and if there is no news from adobe that means there is no better news.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 15, 2013 at 7:00:58 pm

Again with the stock price...geez.

Adobe was up about a point yesterday...and their up two more today this far...they dropped 6 points in the days after the announcement. If the announcement was actually the driver for a 6% drop over a half-dozen days, I don't know why it would have made up half of that in the last 48 hours...

You're really reaching if you think the stock price has done anything that is a cause for concern. If it trends this way the rest of the week, they may close Friday higher than they closed last friday...within about a buck of the highest the stock has ever been in history.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 15, 2013 at 7:23:20 pm

Exactly, If something great were happening to the subscription, stocks would be skyrockting, because they are not, means that nothing significant has occured. If there were good news you can be sure that the first to know would be the shareholders. Whom at this moment must be asking their brokers about all the fuss adobe clients are making.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on May 15, 2013 at 7:37:27 pm

Believe me...the major shareholders don't even have the foggiest idea this is even going on. And anyone who thinks they know what drives a stock price to go up or down is either very rich, or has too high an opinion of themselves...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on May 15, 2013 at 7:39:14 pm

[Joseph W. Bourke] "Believe me...the major shareholders don't even have the foggiest idea this is even going on. And anyone who thinks they know what drives a stock price to go up or down is either very rich, or has too high an opinion of themselves..."

Agreed.

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 15, 2013 at 7:39:08 pm

I'm not sure that 12K units in sales a day is all that unusual or remarkable, so I don't know that there is a reason for investors to get their knickers in a twist either way...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 15, 2013 at 9:39:00 pm

If adobe cant give good news it wont give any news. Thats the corporate way. As I said they must not have any good news, which maybe means bad news to them. If they did they would spill it out a make millions in the markets.

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on May 16, 2013 at 2:39:37 am

[Ricardo Marty] " As I said they must not have any good news, which maybe means bad news to them."

Wow...Ricardo, you are bound and determined to see a dark cloud here somewhere aren't you? Even if you need to put on your sunglasses to make it out...

-The stock is not tanking, it's risen more than 3% in the last two days

-Adobe just had possibly the biggest announcement in ten years a week ago...they probably aren't going to make another announcement in 7-10 days to note whether or not that announcement has changed the company's fortunes in a week

-There are actually some customers who seem to think this arrangement works for them

-Adobe's sales have not dropped to the point where you hear nothing but the wind blowing and crickets...

It seems like some who have decided this won't work for them are really trying to convince themselves that the whole user base is with them...it appears the user base is not united in one mind about this change.

Speculating about imagined sales losses or how a rising stock price in the face of no additional announcement is somehow a sign that it's going wrong...I just don't see how that's meaningful to us as users at this early stage.

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on May 16, 2013 at 3:22:47 am

You miss the point. I did not say its tanking what i said was There is no news from adobe as to the response to the may 7 announcement. This means there is no good news. If there where good news then the stocks would have shot up which they havent. the stocks are normal with its normal variations. this means adobe has not issued any good statement. Why? Its obivious there is no good news to offer its shareholders.

Dont miscontrew what i am saying. Adobed silence is deafning

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on May 15, 2013 at 8:31:30 pm

the issue would be whether they miss their 2013 CC adoption projection as outlined to shareholders by a significant margin.
they have stated 1.25 million total by end of 2013.
so that's three quarter of a million new subscribers required in six months. If they miss that by a significant margin, that would likely have a major impact, as they have no other licensing system to fall back on currently bar CC. the major shareholders would likely notice that.

you could argue that a deliberate, considered, almost organised wait of six months by all adobe customers, or those that can hold off for six months, would represent at least some kind of cudgel to bring Shantanyu Narayen to heel.
Particularly if it was put in the context of a formal demand for a five year loyalty buyout.

this is the last time we get to be customers, in the - we are always right - sense of things. would seem a shame to waste it.

some kind of an umbrella hashtag would be good: possibly #adobe2014?

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]