FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe please fix this - Project Manager in PP CC doesn't work

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Field
Adobe please fix this - Project Manager in PP CC doesn't work
on Sep 9, 2015 at 7:25:12 pm

This has been going on for a long time - search this and get vague fixes that indicate it's an audio issue (mixing sample rates ie 48K audio with 20 or 40Khz audio)

but even fixing that doesn't always work - you get an error saying the consolidation didn't work with no clue on how to fix it

makes impossible to shrink projects for archive

Al Mooney -- what's the answer?

Thanks

Andy Field - ABC News

Return to posts index

Andy Field
Re: Adobe please fix this - Project Manager in PP CC doesn't work
on Sep 9, 2015 at 8:14:11 pm

after doing another exhaustive search - at the end of a very long thread that started in 2012 --and continued till two days ago 2015 (3 years without a fix..come on Adobe!)

I found what may be the solution - it says to UNCHECK export preview files - that seamed to work

also - when you get the error -- one user suggested going into the destination folder and when you get the UNKNOWN ERROR message DO NOT HIT OK -- instead go into the destination folder and look at the last clip copied .....the next clip in your timeline will probably be what's causing the issue

but bottom line - Adobe - why with 3 years of knowing about this issue haven't you fixed it? This is an essential tool

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Joe Chow
on Sep 10, 2015 at 1:27:08 am

I'm not exactly sure what problem you're having, but I concur with your subject heading based on a very recent experience: I tried to consolidate a couple of sequences edited with subclips. So in one subclip I used the first 3 seconds, and later in the same sequence, I used the last 3 seconds of the same subclip. But Project Manager only consolidated the first 3 seconds - twice! And on the consolidated sequence itself, the segment that should have contained the last 3 seconds effectively went offline. And in the media bin, the first 3 seconds shows up twice with the same clip name. In FCP Classic, what would've happened is both 3-second sections would have been consolidated, and they would have been named "subclip name-1", and "subclip name-2". I was working in Premiere CC2014. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think I encountered the same problem in CC, and definitely not CS6, when consolidation was called "trimming" a project.
Consequentially, I had to subclip my subclips and rename the sub-subclips to cheat Program Manager into behaving properly. Oh, I did have "Include Preview Files" unchecked.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Sep 10, 2015 at 1:54:50 pm

[Andy Field] "but bottom line - Adobe - why with 3 years of knowing about this issue haven't you fixed it? This is an essential tool"

Andy, I'd recommend submitting a formal bug/feature request for this. You can do that here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Adobe doesn't necessarily respond to requests and bugs on the COW. While some Adobe employees do prowl these boards, it's not the appropriate channel to get your request heard.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Sep 10, 2015 at 11:36:59 pm

Thanks - did submit the bug request - but what "bugs" me is this has been a documented problem for more than 3 years on the boards -- on Adobe's feedback boards -- and there doesn't seem to be anyone from Adobe addressing it --

There have been a few suggestions (one that worked on one project for us) by fellow users -- some say - don't use mixed audio sample rates - others say don't include preview files --

i'm waiting for the "rub your belly and pat your head" suggestion

Am I one of the few who consolidate projects for archiving? This worked like a charm in FCP 7 - but i haven't had much success getting beyond the "recurring unknown error, please try again" message

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Sep 15, 2015 at 1:44:26 am
Last Edited By Kevin Monahan on Sep 15, 2015 at 1:45:42 am

[Andy Field] " this has been a documented problem for more than 3 years on the boards-- "

Hi Andy,
The Project Manager got a total revamp with Consolidate and Transcode. The original features of that tool might not have gotten the same love. Sorry about that. As was suggested, file a bug report: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

[Andy Field] "on Adobe's feedback boards -- and there doesn't seem to be anyone from Adobe addressing it -- "

Those are primarily user to user based forums. You won't see many Adobe employees there addressing issues. As Support Product Manager, I do hang out there as much as I can, but with over 1500 new posts a month in the main Premiere Pro forum alone, it's not always easy to make the rounds.

If you ever catch yourself typing, "Hey Adobe!" you should stop yourself immediately and file a bug report.

[Andy Field] Al Mooney -- what's the answer?

He can't hear you if you post on the Cow. He does read most, if not all of the bug reports though. He'll "hear you" there, so please try that. ;-)

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Support Product Manager—DVA
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Sep 15, 2015 at 4:19:02 am

Thanks Kevin. I've filed the bug report but surely with so many having the same issue there's got to be a solution -otherwise it's a useless feature. This was something essential that worked in FCP7. And simply doesn't work too much if the time in a number of versions including the latest of Premiere Pro Cc

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]