FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDR and HEVC H265

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Pettit
HDR and HEVC H265
on Sep 9, 2015 at 2:53:51 am
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Sep 9, 2015 at 2:57:43 am

I was getting ready to smack Adobe again relative to being behind the curve on HDR and H-265 ( I had to use an open source tool called Handbrake recently for 4K H265 encoding, and not just because I'm still using CS6 - there was no such thing in CC2015 either...)

Until today.

So since I spend so much time slamming Adobe (and for damn fine reasons BTW), I have to admit (may the anti-subscription gods forgive me) I feel compelled to give credit when due to the Adobe team.

New HDR capabilities in both PP and AE, as well as H265 encoding for 4K. Pretty impressive IMO. And great timing, this is important stuff. I'm still searching for ANY alternative to forced subscriptions.

But bravo Adobe and to the Premiere and After Effects teams.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: HDR and HEVC H265
on Sep 9, 2015 at 4:29:33 am

Thanks for the kind words, Chris.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Sep 9, 2015 at 11:22:42 am

Well done Adobe team!

Todd, thank you for posting when you can. I appreciate the work that you and Kevin do. Please keep it up, you guys are great! By the way, my Photoshop subscription is smooth sailing so far.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Sep 9, 2015 at 2:28:50 pm

[David Mathis] "Well done Adobe team! "

Ditto. Just installed this morning!

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Sep 9, 2015 at 2:59:01 pm

Isn't this a preview? the latest release is just a maintenance one

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 9, 2015 at 3:51:49 pm

Yes, the items that Chris posted about (HEVC, HDR color in Premiere Pro, etc.) are coming later this year. The Premiere Pro 9.0.2 update that came out yesterday is just a targeted bug-fix update.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Sep 10, 2015 at 12:17:19 am

Todd - in unrelated issue - please see post in thread above this about Project Manager simply not working - endless Unknown Errors - is there a definitive fix to this? i've read threads going back 3 years with no Adobe provided solution - Thanks

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]