FORUMS: list search recent posts

He's back...

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Miller
He's back...
on Aug 19, 2015 at 9:56:24 pm

Mr. "Burn the Boats" is back again:

http://ww2.cfo.com/transformations/2015/08/adobe-completes-swift-business-m...

- David

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: He's back... the rich eat chicken wings.
on Aug 19, 2015 at 11:04:07 pm

Adobe expects to end 2015 with $3 billion in annual recurring revenue. “Think of it as a waterfall,” Garrett says. “We have more and more people paying us every month, as opposed to the old model where they paid at random times and we recognized all the revenue up front.”

The results are justifying something Garrett had told Wall Street back in November 2011: “The faster earnings fall, the better off we are as a company and the better off you are as an investors, because millions of people paying us every single month is very compelling from a revenue perspective.”

the rich are eating us, in new ways, all the time, forever. It will never end. I actually tried to be positive about subscription but it crawls like a wet snail over your skin.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Aug 20, 2015 at 12:30:13 am
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Aug 20, 2015 at 1:05:59 am

More select words from the fearless leader:

“The key was not just transforming the price and how people paid us,” Garrett says. “The analogy I use is that we didn’t want to have an offering where they could decide whether to buy the car or lease it. That’s just math...."

"Improving the product and user experience was among several key reasons why Adobe was able to accomplish the business-model transformation more quickly than expected. “We did a lot of things right,” says Garrett."

CC 2015 being a great example of this

"Also crucial was a commitment to transparency. “We erred on the side of overcommunicating,” he says. “I can’t tell you how many internal meetings we had, how many partner meetings, how many investor meetings, to explain what was going on. We redefined every part of our value chain, from go-to-market to our IT organization to our financials, and along the way we needed to keep employees, investors, and customers right there with us.”

Overcommunicating with customers..... You have got to be kidding me. you mean like going to NAB in 2013 with no mention of the mandatory "cant buy a car anymore" change, and then announcing it one month later? Hey thanks for keeping us in the loop Adobe...

But this has got to be the best part:

"But the most important action Adobe took to stimulate greater adoption of the subscription model was the decision to pull the plug on the perpetual offering, according to Garrett. “If we hadn’t done that it might have taken 10 or 15 years to make this happen, because customers would have bought what they were comfortable with. We had some resistance from them all along.”

You have to love being referred to as "them". Lest anyone ever again suggest this was driven by the market or by the actual Adobe customers.

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Aug 20, 2015 at 9:24:21 am

[Chris Pettit] "because customers would have bought what they were comfortable with"
Makes me speachless & calls every advertisement that this "cloud" was made for customers a … (not allowed to use this word here...)
Makes me mad.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Aug 20, 2015 at 9:18:24 pm

yeah, you're not wrong on any of this. Half the quotes in that piece, comfortably said in public, would make your hair stand on end.

The only rejoinder I would make, heavily jaundiced by my experience in what was production premium, now surrounded by 83 pieces of software I know nothing about, is that it has been extremely positive. It's why this is so tricky - bad mendacious decisions lead to an absolutely stellar for the ages effort to catch 3/4 of the FCP7 crowd as they were falling out of the sky screaming having babies in mid air.

Premiere Pro CC is the best and most important piece of kit I've ever been given, in twenty years working at this stuff. It just is. And it arrived at a super speed sprint.
That thing is God's own time lapse experiment.

Adobe have never in my memory worked harder and more successfully at anything since early Flash or Indesign. PPro is them not messing around. They've torn it up ten times in two years. Do you know the keyframe system is pre-graph view AE? part of me still prefers that interaction. it's a tiny hotrod.

The problem I have is that the likes of Al Mooney are flat out mensches. You can't fake that stuff. He loves the product, and he bled red pride that they were able to interact with the Coen brothers and Fincher as collaborators. I think that with enough public hue and cry, and the basic decency of so many engineers at the coal face delivering this stuff, you can maaaybe keep the boardroom sociopaths broadly on keel. Cable companies across America are dropping tens of billions in weeks as people up stakes sick of the bloated packages. The boardroom Adobe American populars should be afraid of that at least.

What I'm personally inclined to do is keep faith with the engineering teams delivering this stuff. Apple engineers can tend towards the Acropolis high and mighty, Amazon employees are apparently all crying at their desks, and Microsoft is... Microsoft. They may know to PR present themselves that way, but a lot of Adobe people doing the stuff are a proper solid crowd. God alone knows they've turned up here to take hits like Pinatas.

That article, certain parts of it, read like Soylent Green, and we're the goo the board needed to prosper. But this goo got the best editing system he's ever likely to see - and it improves over half a Saturday.

The real point is that without the engine of club subscription, and the absolute hellbent night and day advances mooney and the team delivered, I wouldn't have this premiere pro. And there is no way in God's own Hell I'm ever handing that software back. And so I subscribe.

I'm sold. For year two.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Aug 21, 2015 at 1:11:58 am
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Aug 21, 2015 at 1:42:55 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "Premiere Pro CC is the best and most important piece of kit I've ever been given, in twenty years working at this stuff. It just is. And it arrived at a super speed sprint.
That thing is God's own time lapse experiment."

I keep forgetting to make an exception in my criticisms of Adobe software for Premiere. Premiere CS6 is a great app, and by all reports there have been great improvements since then. Before CC went "lease the car only" I actually got into arguments with various editors while advocating how improved it was, but that was versions ago and most of the editors I know have gone to FCPX.

[Aindreas Gallagher] "The real point is that without the engine of club subscription, and the absolute hellbent night and day advances mooney and the team delivered, I wouldn't have this premiere pro"

I respect your opinions for many reasons Aindreas, not the least of which is that you have been on both sides of the divide, and reported honestly from both perspectives. There are clearly good and bad ways to evaluate the situation we are in with Adobe.

But I have to tell you, no way do I believe that the only way to the improvements you've seen in Premiere was through the flow of subscription revenue. Not a chance. You mention the night and day effort from the Adobe team. What the hell were they doing before subscriptions? Premiere was a great product before. How was that possible in the absence of subscriptions? Since then did they hire a whole new team of programmers? Did they suddenly pay overtime when before they couldn't justify it because PL's brought in so little revenue? I seriously don't get this theory. What am I missing?

There's a dedicated team at work on Adobe products. Always has been IMO. I appreciate the work they do.

But they are not responsible for Adobe Corporate policy, nor are they indemnified from it. And whether or not they believe in that policy or not has no particular relevance. The fact that they appear from time to time here despite slings and arrows from Adobe customers is admirable, but they still work for a company that at the moment Microsoft is looking at while intensely drooling over the possibilities of strapping us over digital barrels as quickly as they can get away with it. Most of the software industry is hungrily urging Adobe on. Jaws indeed.

As you know, and have articulated many time Aindreas, these are serious issues, with VERY broad implications in terms of ownership, power, access to work, and the ability to survive as a small business when huge companies are in a BIG hurry to be "eating us".

Speaking personally, there is no individual peice of software that is worth mortgaging my independence.And I wont have it shoved down my throat. And the language from our friend Mr Garrett is exactly that. A big giant message to customers that wont get on board: "shove it"

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Aug 22, 2015 at 10:20:22 pm

[Chris Pettit] "Premiere CS6 is a great app, and by all reports there have been great improvements since then."

When I say you have no idea, I literally mean you weren't there for the show. i've never seen anything like it. We're talking Christmas nine times in two years. The closest I can think is early 3DS max. Or after effects for God's sake. Although they way they're holding off the ability to adjust split panels for the two up AE view is aaalmost getting weird at this point.

[Chris Pettit] "But I have to tell you, no way do I believe that the only way to the improvements you've seen in Premiere was through the flow of subscription revenue. Not a chance. "

http://alex4d.com/notes/item/avid-adobe-apple-13-14-updates

Look at the premiere list Chris. Really read it. That's a year. Deep down we both know Adobe never would have fired the admirals canon like that if they weren't trying to justify the nature of subscription. If Walter reads this he can step in to refresh the issues about what you can actually do with software between sales cycles - but i am here to tell you, there is no way in hell you could advance a product in the classical sales interim like they are advancing that product. it would feel like a steal. If I wasn't on subscription I couldn't be given that stuff. Because it turns up all the time. They just keep handing it over. Premiere Pro is proof of their pudding. They knew what they could, and had to, do with the subscription parameters provided and they went to town with Thors Hammer with regards to premiere Pro. It was an amusement park ride. I literally have never seen the like of it.

[Chris Pettit] "Speaking personally, there is no individual piece of software that is worth mortgaging my independence.And I wont have it shoved down my throat. And the language from our friend Mr Garrett is exactly that. A big giant message to customers that wont get on board: "shove it""

I won't argue with that. There is chilling horror speak in that article. Speaking personally, i think it all sits somewhere between required opposition and potential comity. This is still a big bun fight.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
Re: He's back...
on Aug 20, 2015 at 12:12:44 am
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Aug 20, 2015 at 1:39:15 am

It gets worse from here ladies and gentlemen. This is just the beginning, as has been predicted many times. If you think Adobe subscriptions make you giddy, wait till you need to pull out your credit card to start your computer:

"Yes, Windows 10 will be the last numbered version of the OS and going forward it will simply become a ‘Windows’ subscription service. This upsets those who don’t like the idea of a subscription service, but the biggest concern is this: while Windows 10 will seamlessly upgrade to ‘Windows’ – this is a new beginning. Your OS would evolve into a new product for which you have to pay."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/05/12/free-windows-10-has-high...

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2881899/microsoft-files-for-windows-36...

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:58:27 am

I am just glad Blackmagic Design is stepping up to the plate with Resolve, no need for Premiere Pro. Will keep Motion and add Fusion whenever it gets out for the Mac OS X platform. Still debating on whether to renew Photoshop or not.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 20, 2015 at 6:34:17 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 20, 2015 at 11:23:11 pm

[David Mathis]: "...I am just glad Blackmagic Design is stepping up to the plate with Resolve..."

You'll know Blackmagic's REALLY serious when Windows versions show up, I think.

I'm told the CC apps that run on phones & tablets are actually pretty good... for the few little things they can do. But then, they're NEW. They're designed to work like cloud apps are intended to work.

But getting the REAL CC applications, with decades of old code & software engineering principles behind them, to work like that? Too many impediments, technical & otherwise.

The CC applications that actually let people make a living are bastardized cloud applications. They can't function like the newer toy-like CC apps for your phone. Too many third parties have created plugins that give the older applications their real power for many users -- Adobe doesn't control all of the code, like they do on the new stuff. Just 'cause the boss says to burn the boats doesn't make it feasible.

I think that's the insight Blackmagic has going for it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Aug 20, 2015 at 9:50:38 am
Last Edited By Rainer Schubert on Aug 20, 2015 at 11:26:07 am

A Nightmare.
It was my fear from the beginning, that - if Adobe gets away successful with that "Cloud" named solution - others will follow.
Adobe & MS = One Level.
Try to sell their matured solutions with a new - forcing continuous payment - business model.
Instead of creating solutions users will like to pay for they change the Distribution and people have to pay for.
OS based on subscription… Loosing Files if you have no money… No Web Connection - No Windows…
Brave new world
(And I´m sure: They will sell it as an big advantage for Customers…)

…and is there anyone who wants "fast delivered" updates automatically installed by Microsoft?
Any stupid idea like Vista or 8?
Really?
(and I also don´t kow a company which already HAS to "update" it´s software as often as MS because of security lacks, incompatibilities, …)

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Aug 21, 2015 at 11:59:07 pm
Last Edited By Shawn Miller on Aug 22, 2015 at 12:14:28 am

[Rainer Schubert] "(and I also don´t kow a company which already HAS to "update" it´s software as often as MS because of security lacks, incompatibilities, …)"

LOL - I'm not sure you understand how often ALL of the platform providers have to patch their products. ATMs, game consoles, point of sales devices, tablets, smartphones, cars, pacemakers... if it runs software, it's probably been hacked. Of course there are more exploits for Windows... there are over a billion devices running it. You can find examples of epic exploits of Linux and Unix systems too, but they never seem to be as fun to talk about.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Aug 22, 2015 at 12:27:03 am
Last Edited By Rainer Schubert on Aug 22, 2015 at 12:35:38 am

None of my OS (WIN/MAC/Linux -div. Versions) or software products (>100) is updated / has to be patched as often as the MS Windows Versions.
None.
(Clearly they all have to be patched the one or other time & true, most fun to talk about, if it´s WIN)

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Aug 22, 2015 at 5:22:29 am

[Rainer Schubert] "

None of my OS (WIN/MAC/Linux -div. Versions) or software products (>100) is updated / has to be patched as often as the MS Windows Versions.
None.
(Clearly they all have to be patched the one or other time & true, most fun to talk about, if it´s WIN)"

So, what is there to disagree about then? I said there were more exploits for Windows and you admitted that all platforms have to be patched. I was responding to your comment that you didn't know of a company that HAD to update their software as much as Microsoft. They (MS) have an install base of over a billion devices, do you think it's an accident that it's the most commonly attacked platform?

Shawn

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Aug 22, 2015 at 9:51:21 am
Last Edited By Rainer Schubert on Aug 22, 2015 at 10:08:01 am

Nothing to disagree with
Cool down ; )
I wondered more about the "LOL - I'm not sure you understand…"
And my main concern was also, that MS is the perfect example for, that fast delivered "Updates" don´t have necessarily to be an advantage.
So many things at their Apps and OS that got more and more worse with every of their "Updates".
(I simply don´t want to pay for, if they decide to establish Vista 2, I don´t want to pay for timetaking Ribbons in Office, I don´t want an desktop OS looking like my Cellphone, Tiles should stay at the do-it-yourself-store,….)
But to be fair: Yes, also clear, that the operating System no 1 worldwide, is target of most hack attacks.
But - in my eyes - MS isn´t known for the best, securest and user-friendliest programming.
All the cryptic error-windows & loveless designed OIs…
Do you think, that changes with subscription only?

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Aug 22, 2015 at 3:15:20 pm

[Rainer Schubert] "Nothing to disagree with
Cool down ; )"

Sorry, I may have come off harsher than I meant to. I don't really get riled up over this stuff.

[Rainer Schubert] "I wondered more about the "LOL - I'm not sure you understand…""

It's not that uncommon to run across people who don't think that Linux or Mac OS have security vulnerabilities. Obviously, that's complete nonsense. Apologies if I lumped you in with that crowd.

[Rainer Schubert] "And my main concern was also, that MS is the perfect example for, that fast delivered "Updates" don´t have necessarily to be an advantage. "

I don't think the hands of any OS vendor are clean here. I've gotten a lot more OS updates from Google this year than from Microsoft. The Android updates weren't all good either. Lastly, what about Linux? Do you prefer security patches that are documented? Linus Torvalds hasn't always thought that they should be.

[Rainer Schubert] "But - in my eyes - MS isn´t known for the best, securest and user-friendliest programming."

I think they are a lot better than they're usually given credit for. But, sometimes, they do get things terribly wrong (security, usability, etc). Then again, give me an example of a general use software vendor with as big of a customer base that does it better. Especially one with the range of customers that MS has (datacenter to embedded). I'm not saying they're perfect, but they get a lot more right than they get wrong IMO.

[Rainer Schubert] "Do you think, that changes with subscription only?"

That's a big complicated question that they (and other vendors) have been grappling with for a long time. I'll be honest and say that I truly don't know.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Aug 22, 2015 at 3:33:02 am

[Shawn Miller] "LOL - I'm not sure you understand how often ALL of the platform providers have to patch their products. ATMs, game consoles, point of sales devices, tablets, smartphones, cars, pacemakers... if it runs software, it's probably been hacked."

I am 100% committed to a Windows platform (for practical reasons) and I can tell you that I'm not sure you understand how true what Ranier said actually is.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Aug 22, 2015 at 6:15:59 am

[Chris Pettit] "[Shawn Miller] "LOL - I'm not sure you understand how often ALL of the platform providers have to patch their products. ATMs, game consoles, point of sales devices, tablets, smartphones, cars, pacemakers... if it runs software, it's probably been hacked."

I am 100% committed to a Windows platform (for practical reasons) and I can tell you that I'm not sure you understand how true what Ranier said actually is."

If you re-read my comments, you'll see that I didn't actually disagree with Rainer. I pointed out that all platform providers have to patch their systems, frequently. Does RedHat have to patch Linux as often? Maybe not. Are there hundreds of millions of Linux users, who are mostly tied to productivity applications and web browsing tasks, and who mostly know nothing about security? No. Windows is a much bigger target, and so Microsoft has to be active in providing fixes in ways that companies that aren't on 85% of the world's desktop and server computers don't have to be.

Shawn

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Aug 24, 2015 at 5:00:14 pm

MS and Adobe make me really glad I'm on a Mac. I prefer OSX by miles, and all the sfw I need is available, usually cheaper. They make their money on the hardware, you know that going in. Software companies have struggled, and guess who they are trying to tie up? Their customers who have bought in and have (they hope) nowhere else to go. You can thank Adobe and the likes of Mr."Burn the Boats" for getting this ball rolling.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500, Helios 2 w 2-960GB SSDs: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 24Gb RAM, GTX-680, 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD, Multiple OWC Thunderbay 4 TB2 and eSATA QX2 RAID 5 HD systems

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:55:35 am

Suddenly, the theme form "Jaws" is stuck in my head.

Return to posts index

David Miller
on Aug 20, 2015 at 8:41:46 pm

[David Mathis] "Suddenly, the theme form "Jaws" is stuck in my head."

LOL! To paraphrase some lines from the movie:

"This Adobe will swallow you whole! A little shakin', a little tenderizin', and down you go!"

"You're gonna need a bigger wallet!" ;)

- David

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Aug 20, 2015 at 9:37:36 pm

Adobe CFO Mark Garrett:
But the most important action Adobe took to stimulate greater adoption of the subscription model was the decision to pull the plug on the perpetual offering, according to Garrett. “If we hadn’t done that it might have taken 10 or 15 years to make this happen, because customers would have bought what they were comfortable with. We had some resistance from them all along.”
So, please don´t tell me any longer, that Sarbanes Oxley is the problem …
(Don´t deliver products customers are comfortable with - what a company philosophy)

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Aug 21, 2015 at 3:12:57 pm

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I don't have a single problem with anything he said nor how he said it. You all want transparency in a company, but then you don't like the answers.

I'm not fond of subscription either and certainly have my own ideas about what Adobe should do differently. But, they took the route they did for reasons he expresses. I think the biggest issue is that the conversion from subscription as an option to only subscription was somewhat without warning and no alternatives. Although, everyone had plenty of time to purchase CS6 as a holding place for awhile, if they didn't want CC.

OTOH, if you've been sitting on CS4 or CS5 long after CS6 hit the market, I don't see where you have much ground to complain. You weren't actually part of the ongoing revenue needed to continue development. I completely understand why one would do that, but it still doesn't make you much of a stakeholder in the matter.

Also remember, that the heritage of Adobe wasn't really one of selling retail products to consumers. It was based on licensing (such as PostScript). Not really much different than a subscription model. So their DNA is a lot different than Apple's, Avid's and others.

The bottom line is that Adobe changed their business model for valid reasons and ruffled a lot of feathers in the process, However, his points about growing the market for the company are completely valid. So, if you aren't on board with Adobe's subscription, find another route. The ship has sail and the "boats have been burned". ;-)

What's really a much greater issue is whether or now retail sale of software is a viable business any longer for large developers. Adobe is hardly the only company going to a subscription model. The blame can be passed around to many, but Google (Google Docs) is as good a place to start as any. That's pretty well killed off retail/perpetual versions of MS Office. The list goes on.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Aug 21, 2015 at 10:27:18 pm

Well, people could purchase FCP 7 as a 'holding ground' after FCP X was announced but
that sure didn't seem to stop the complaining. I think anytime there is unexpected change
with something (be it the program itself or the payment method), there will be upset customers.
Whatever, I'm over it. As most people say, the way to speak is with your wallet. I'm speaking
with mine....or lack of mine as the case may be.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Aug 22, 2015 at 12:13:09 pm

[Oliver Peters] "You all want transparency in a company, but then you don't like the answers.
"

I never read an announcement of Adobe:
"We decided to change distribution, because we want more and continuous income. We love to pull the plug and to take, what you are comfortable with. Sorry, but wallstreet results are very imortant for us. Please forgive, that we took the choice!"
All the announcements and statements sounded more like:
"This Cloud is so overwhelming, glorious, phantastic for you… . And at least we can´t do it any other way because of Sarbanes Oxley..."

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 22, 2015 at 3:28:27 pm

Well, have you ever seen a corporate entity that is truthful in their marketing poop (and I mean poop in the very definition of the word)?

The drug companies peddle their pills with ads which tell us how much better life will be on their pills, and we're poisoned. The political ads tell us how the other party is destroying the country and the world, and we're hosed (by both parties), economically, and ethically. I'd have to say that the software companies are one of the few corporate entities that gives us something for our dollar, but that's not to say that I trust or believe any of the messages. I'm a strong proponent of the caveat emptor approach.

If you believe Adobe's marketing hype, then you probably believe that cigarettes are good for your health, Rice Crispies will cure swine flu, Oil of Olay will make you look young, that wearing Skechers will make you look like Kim Kardashian, and on and on, ad nauseum.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Aug 22, 2015 at 5:24:02 pm

But Joseph, I don't owe my livelihood or have my life's work tied to Oil of Olay, Skechers, or Rice Krispies. At NAB 2013 they flat out lied about perpetual licensing. There is a big difference between them and the other providers of editing tools. When you quit paying, they quit functioning. You can no longer open or change your own work. Many products I can live without, but not my editing system. I'll be sticking with systems that work without continuous payment. FCPX, FCP7, Media 100, CS6 Premiere grudgingly, although I haven't touched it since CC was announced, and Resolve, if it measures up.

And Apple, I won't be buying any computer systems that won't run them. If El Capitan knocks off any of them will be sticking with what I have, I'm not just starting out. On an El Capitan system, a downgrade to Yosemite or Mavericks is probably not possible, so I will be sticking with my 2012 Mac Pro Tower that runs everything from 10.6.8 up to El Capitan, I'm sure, as well as my 2013 new Mac Pro, Mavericks to El Cap. Both computers are multiple boot. Should see me through, even with repairs, for 5 years or longer. I have 10-15 year old Macs still running strong, so the hardware will still serve me. I just need basic editing. Motion will work for flying in a title or any of my very basic mograph. Feel sorry for AE users. I never need it for my docs.

Adobe can do what they wish. I hope they and their stockholders have a very good time together. They didn't burn my boat. I did.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500, Helios 2 w 2-960GB SSDs: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 24Gb RAM, GTX-680, 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD, Multiple OWC Thunderbay 4 TB2 and eSATA QX2 RAID 5 HD systems

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 22, 2015 at 8:36:25 pm

Jim -

I was simply stating that all marketing is based upon lies and fabrications, not that any particular product was pertinent (or not) to your livelihood. The second any product or service gets mass merchandised, the "message" starts getting "cloudy".

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]