FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downgrading from CC to CS5.5

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Oster
Downgrading from CC to CS5.5
on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:29:40 am

Hey, Creative Cows.

My Adobe CC subscription is expiring at the end of the month and I'm hard-pressed to come up with a reason to renew it. I mainly use Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop. I used to run a copy of CS5.5 Production Premium that I owned free and clear, and honestly, I haven't seen any major upgrade since I joined the subscription service. In fact, the biggest change I've noticed is that I can no longer open files in CS5.5 and I'm paying $600 a year for the privilege!

Incidentally, I'm wondering if people have worked out a way to get their CC Premiere Projects open in CS5.5. I've been trying with no luck on that front. Even if I can't, it's probably a worthwhile sacrifice. In the off chance that I NEEDED to open one of those files, I could always fork over $75 to Adobe. Though the whole thing feels like extortion.

So... am I nuts to do this? Can I open CC premiere files in CS5.5? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: Downgrading from CC to CS5.5
on Aug 5, 2015 at 10:53:48 am

Quite simply, no. You can export the timelines out via xml and go through the process of relinking and re-applying transitions and FX. I went through a similar situation a year or two ago. It is a nightmare when you don't have a subscription and need access for a 5 minute edit to a old project. Welcome to the world we live in.... Sorry

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Aug 5, 2015 at 7:13:18 pm

Predictions come true. Sorry.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500, Helios 2 w 2-960GB SSDs: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 24Gb RAM, GTX-680, 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD, Multiple OWC Thunderbay 4 TB2 and eSATA QX2 RAID 5 HD systems

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Aug 5, 2015 at 10:25:30 pm
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Aug 5, 2015 at 10:38:45 pm

[Dan Oster] "Incidentally, I'm wondering if people have worked out a way to get their CC Premiere Projects open in CS5.5."

While Adobe was somewhat unclear about this in the first few days of cutting off PL's (questions had to be asked to force the issue) they eventually conceded that Premiere had NO backwards compatibility whatsoever right away in May of 2013.

That was the deal breaker for me at the time, even though I'm not an editor by profession. I knew that over time this would get bad enough with other apps, but premiere was immediately not compatible.

One way street right from the get-go. This is an example of why there was such a backlash. Hope you find other solutions Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]