FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe is Ending Camera RAW support for CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Holmes
Adobe is Ending Camera RAW support for CS6
on Jul 31, 2015 at 8:45:05 pm

From Adobe's Blog:

In order to pursue further innovations in image processing and workflow technology, the next release of Adobe Camera Raw (v 9.1.1) will be the final version available for use with CS6. Customers can utilize the free Adobe DNG Converter utility to receive the very latest camera support for CS6 and older versions of our software going all the way back to Photoshop CS2 and Lightroom 1.0.

http://blogs.adobe.com/adobecare/2015/07/28/camera-support-for-cs6/?PID=614...

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Adobe is Ending Camera RAW support for CS6
on Aug 3, 2015 at 7:53:09 pm

Chris

Have you used that software yet and if so, what is your impression of it? I am thinking of not renewing Photoshop subscription next year. Nice tool set but since I mainly do photography work and budget film production as camera operator and editing but want to some basic graphic design stuff. Nothing fancy, just blend a few layers together, add text and stuff like that.

I suck at drawing (pardon the language) but can do cut out work, basic shapes and use the pen tool. I want to to design a basic, but nice title card. I think part of my problem is that I have Asperger's syndrome. Anyways wanting to try something new.

Would love to hear your thoughts and anyone else can chime in. No need to worry about being too critical, just decide to get some thicker skin. LOL

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Aug 3, 2015 at 8:31:02 pm

[David Mathis] "Have you used that software yet and if so, what is your impression of it?"

I've watched every tutorial and feature release, I follow them on social media, posted developments on my pages, etc and I've had a number of conversations with the Affinity team on FB (begging them for a Windows version mostly), but until they come out with a PC version I'm waiting and still using PS CS6 in the meantime. There is little doubt in my mind that I would replace Photoshop in a heartbeat when Affinity has PC versions. Interface improvements alone will push me in that direction, I've grown tired of the clunky nature of PS

BTW, this a a blog post this month where somebody explains why they're leaving CC, and he specifically mentions his disappointment regarding performance for both Photoshop and Illustrator. My understanding is that Affinity is the exact opposite. Fast, efficient, well designed interface, powerful.

https://medium.com/let-s-talk-design/bye-bye-adobe-3c3ba22c4ac0

But Jim Wiseman is your guy, he's actually using the software, I'm patiently waiting to.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 4, 2015 at 2:57:38 am

Thanks! Going to give it a whirl. Mostly I am unto photography, both film and photos. Guessing drawing skills are somewhat important but my sister thinks I have some designer genes (not jeans) in me. By the way I am liking Resolve 12 much more than the previous version though a few bolts need to be tightened here and there.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Aug 2, 2015 at 6:53:09 am

One of several steps to stop CS6 support. The end of life phase is getting closer. Soon (within a year?) CS6 will no longer be sold.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Aug 5, 2015 at 7:22:23 pm

The fact that it is still being sold says a lot about the need for it by Adobe to supply people who refuse to rent. There is obviously a market for it. If they didn't need that income, it would be gone already. Glad I got it on my usual annual CS upgrade for a lot less than they are selling a perpetual license for it now. My last version of PS and Premiere unless perpetual returns, but seeing less need for them now with Affinity, FCPX, and Resolve improvements.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500, Helios 2 w 2-960GB SSDs: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz, 24Gb RAM, GTX-680, 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD, Multiple OWC Thunderbay 4 TB2 and eSATA QX2 RAID 5 HD systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]