FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe CC 2015

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
Adobe CC 2015
on Jul 22, 2015 at 8:41:13 pm

It seems to be universal knowledge that CC 2015 is broken in many ways. Has anyone else seen a blunder this bad from Adobe in their history? Some of the boxed upgrades were questionable in their features but CC 2015 is nearly unusable by everyone who has tried it.

Any word of fixes out there? And although AfterEffects CC 2015 can be opened in CC 2014, not true with Premier projects...once you are in CC 2015 you are in 2015 or in an XML step down workflow.

We decided to make the jump on our first all CC projects with 2015. Ouch. Not a good move!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: Adobe CC 2015
on Jul 22, 2015 at 11:45:08 pm

I have Photoshop which so far seems stable. Trying out Premiere Pro was another matter as was uninstalling it.

I kept getting a message about Log Transport 2, whatever that is. After a couple of tries, success. Uninstalling was even more fun. Same message as before. Decided to log out of my computer then back in, no problems there.

One fix that was made was that CC window popping up right in the middle of working in Photoshop. I will give them credit for that. Guess every company goes through a bug cycle to be fair. First and foremost should be bug fixes then new features. Now done with the ranting phase for the day. LOL

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 23, 2015 at 4:08:42 am

[Rich Rubasch] "It seems to be universal knowledge that CC 2015 is broken in many ways."

I don't think it's that universal. Remember that what you read on forums, especially this particular one, is going to have a large element of self-selection.

Return to posts index

Michael Hoefler
on Jul 23, 2015 at 4:42:36 am

Hi Rich
we have CC 2015 on one Mac and two Windows workstation running. Yes, there are some small strange behaviors but overall we are very happy because it runs very stable, compared with Pr CC 2014, crashing usually two or three times a day.

Michael

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 23, 2015 at 4:57:07 am

We have bug-fix updates coming soon for After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder, Character Animator, and Premiere Pro. Stay tuned next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jul 24, 2015 at 12:30:24 am

Thanks for the update Todd! So far enjoying my Photoshop subscription plan and considering adding Adobe Stock (not the stuff you trade on the market) to my tool box box.

I also appreciate your contribution here.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jul 23, 2015 at 12:01:37 pm

[Rich Rubasch] "It seems to be universal knowledge that CC 2015 is broken in many ways. Has anyone else seen a blunder this bad from Adobe in their history? Some of the boxed upgrades were questionable in their features but CC 2015 is nearly unusable by everyone who has tried it.
"

Point releases are nearly always broken in some way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]