FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any plans to change?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Any plans to change?
on Jul 13, 2015 at 8:17:10 pm

Waiting for the new version of Resolve to be available. In the event it lives up it to its promises is anyone going to migrate over? I am considering making the move from FCP X but still use both for editing. Love to hear what others have to say, even Uncle Tim, the man of the year!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Any plans to change?
on Jul 14, 2015 at 11:30:18 am

For me it's a question of performance and mass penetration as an NLE. I freelance, so if my clients go there, I'll go there. The one downside I see for it as an NLE is the ease with which you can migrate projects. Resolve's database structure locks the project file to one workstation or one networked facility. R12 includes a sort of "pack and go" method to export a project with media. We'll have to see if that's as practical in the real world as methods offered by Avid MC, PProCC or FCPX.

Initially it has more appeal as a finishing tool, than as a start-from-scratch, creative cutting tool.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 14, 2015 at 3:16:31 pm

[David Mathis] "In the event it lives up it to its promises is anyone going to migrate over?"

People were saying this about Resolve 11 last year, and will do so again about Resolve 13 next year.

Return to posts index

Gabe Strong
on Jul 15, 2015 at 9:35:33 am

True, people were saying that about Resolve 11. I watched the 30 minute demo of Resolve 12 and am cautiously optimistic. The presenter kept making the point that 'now Resolve is a fill fledged NLE.' From what you could see, performance looked fine. But the proof will be in the pudding, we won't really know until it comes out. I do mostly end to end stuff so I can use whatever I want. I'll certainly give it a try and if it can stand up performance wise I'll use it.

Gabe Strong
G-Force Productions
http://www.gforcevideo.com

Return to posts index

Jim Cunningham
on Jul 15, 2015 at 9:21:16 pm

I spent some time at the BM booth at the NAB and was most interested in both Resolve and Fusion (Mac). However, one of the functions that I've found most useful in CC has been the ability to massage/sweeten audio from Premiere in Audition (I do it in every project). It will be interesting to see how BM handles audio and to see if some of my izotope plug-ins work in BM. In the end, it's a major commitment in time to move to a new system, so BM will need to be a much better, more powerful and faster system. On the other hand, it would be great to get out of the CC rent for life merry go round, so it's certainly worth looking in to.

Cheers,
Jim

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jul 16, 2015 at 12:44:22 pm

[Gabe Strong] "ut the proof will be in the pudding, we won't really know until it comes out. I do mostly end to end stuff so I can use whatever I want."

I've definitely started to incorporate Resolve more and more into my workflow. For actual projects, the whole round-tripping thing strikes me as a waste of time (when it comes to solving issues for things that don't translate over nicely), but I've been using it to do some significant color correction work for my showreel, and really enjoying it. Even ported a few needed plugins over to the Resolve OFX versions (and that's not cheap!).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]