FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC for Teams pricing problems

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Ranmar
CC for Teams pricing problems
on Jun 26, 2015 at 10:03:38 pm

One year ago I thought I made a deal for a reduced fee (CC for teams), with a commitment for 2 years.
Now after the first year I get a message from Adobe that it is time to renew, and contact my supplier. So I get a new quote for the full price, and message that I do not have any reduction.

We all knew this was coming - but at least there should be the decency to keep a promise : (

- No Parking Production -

Adobe CC2014, 3 x MacPro, 3 x MbP, Ethernet File Server w. Areca ThunderRaid 8

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: CC for Teams pricing problems
on Jun 26, 2015 at 10:11:32 pm

Was the deal with your supplier or with Adobe? If there's a paper trail showing the reduced pricing I would certainly follow up with it.

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Jun 26, 2015 at 10:15:32 pm
Last Edited By Morten Ranmar on Jun 27, 2015 at 8:36:58 am

The deal was with my supplier, who is currently looking into it - but unfortunately cannot see it registered as a multi year contract. So some paperwork must have gone wrong somewhere - and now they want me to bleed before time.

BTW the disease has also spread to Autodesk. Zombies are rising!

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 26, 2015 at 11:50:41 pm

In the spirit of full administrative transparency, I will note that I have changed the subject line for two reasons.

NOT THE POSTS. Just the subject line.

1) Even with asterisks, that's harsher language than we allow for subject lines. That may seem unreasonable to you, but we don't allow all caps subject lines either. Simply a matter of decorum. Save that language for posts.

(Noting that we don't allow all caps posts, ever.)

For that matter, despite our explicitly-stated strict adherence to a PG-13 standard for language in our terms of service, there are bountiful examples of the un-asterisked f-word and its derivations, including f'ing and f'd up, all across the COW. If that's the right word, it's the right word...but never in subject lines.

Mind you, I myself have probably used f and its variations 150 times since lunch, absolutely adore it. This is simply a matter of context.

Again noting that I am strictly referring to rules for subject lines, which have always been different than the rules for posts. The posts on this thread have NOT been administratively edited, nor have any others in the COW for well over a year. We really do try to avoid that.

2) Even if the language were more appropriate for a subject line from the outset, until you indicate that Adobe has been presented with appropriate documentation that it refuses to honor, the previous subject line fell squarely within our long-established rules forbidding unsubstantiated accusations leveled at either individuals or companies.

Substantiated criticism of companies -- I'm proud of the COW's heritage of letting all of it stand. All of it. There are hundreds of such posts in this forum alone, and thousands more throughout the COW.

But...

[Morten Ranmar] "I thought I made a deal...with my supplier...who is currently looking into it - but unfortunately cannot see it registered as a multi year contract. So someone f***** up the paperwork..."

My added emphasis:
  • I thought
  • Supplier
  • Looking into it
  • Cannot see it
  • Someone

No mention of Adobe.

So as much as we sympathize with your frustration, please be more specific. Has anybody besides your supplier actually f'd up? Does your supplier have a documented multi-year contract that Adobe is refusing to honor?

As always, we offer a reminder that fisticuffs are encouraged here, but so are rules.

Also as always, I welcome any direct contact if you have concerns about this or anything else. I don't hear from any of you enough, so drop a line any time, for any reason.

Respectfully and sympathetically,

Tim Wilson
Clarifier-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Jun 27, 2015 at 9:03:29 am

Tim, sorry for being so harsh (have edited the 2. post) but I truly believe there is truth to what I am trying to say. Get everyone aboard with some tempting offers - then harvest the field of users, who are forced to stay in the misery if they want access to all their previous work. Not a nice conduct if you ask me.

I will be evaluating other offers to replace Adobes suite by time, if this policy continues. Right now they have a very strong suite of video tools, and it is difficult to eye a valid replacement. But luckily there are some tendencies from Blackmagic,and even Boris to step up in the NLE market. Then of course nobody knows what hidden agenda Blackmagic might have - surely they cannot continue to give away products?

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 27, 2015 at 1:17:51 pm

I do not think that Blackmagic Design has any "hidden agenda". The reason they can sell software for next to nothing is because they also sell hardware which includes cameras at a very reasonable price. Apple makes hardware which is a major source of their income. As a result, their software is priced low and continues to enjoy a free update cycle.

Adobe does not sell hardware and some customers do not upgrade every year. This is one driving force behind subscription only. I do not anticipate this to change anytime soon. I feel no need to look for any "agenda" that Adobe might have, real or imagined. The same goes with any company. I do not believe that mud slinging politics has a place on this or any forum here at the COW, I just don't see it as having any real, tangible useful purpose.

I do not particularly like the idea of rental only. As far as taking it personal, that is about as useful as a boat full of leaks far out in the deep ocean. Adobe made a business decision, one that I do not agree with, but my disagreement is with respect. There are other options out there. I am keeping an eye on (no pun intended) Fusion as a possible alternative for enhancing or processing stills. Even watching to see what the new version of Resolve is like, both are just around the corner!

My two cents for the day.

P.S. Tim, sorry for my bit of a rant.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 28, 2015 at 3:41:35 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "Get everyone aboard with some tempting offers - then harvest the field of users, who are forced to stay in the misery if they want access to all their previous work."

Except your opinion is based on what is most likely a misunderstanding, one that has plagued people since business was invented. So now you're trying to claim conspiracy on a common issue that happens all the time across every business (being accidently overcharged).

And for this you felt that profanity was appropriate. Maybe less profanity and more awareness next time?

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 27, 2015 at 1:33:04 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "The deal was with my supplier, who is currently looking into it - but unfortunately cannot see it registered as a multi year contract. So some paperwork must have gone wrong somewhere - and now they want me to bleed before time."

This is a problem with your vendor, not Adobe. Your vendor messed up and didn't do their job. Adobe's not making up the prices on you, they're following the information as submitted by your vendor. As Andrew points out, I'd look for a paper trail to point your vendor to (and if needed Adobe), and if needed find another vendor who will take care of you correctly. Hopefully, you'll be able to get your vendor to properly execute a contract and get your previously agreed on 2-year rate.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Jun 27, 2015 at 2:14:14 pm
Last Edited By Morten Ranmar on Jun 27, 2015 at 2:21:47 pm

Not slinging mud on this topic. It is a fair cause to debate pricing issues.

Adobe is a company owned by shareholders. It will be their policy to get as high a price as possible to satisfy the need of their owners. Fair enough - but not fair offer a contract price, and not deliver.

My vendor tells me he has informed Adobe of the contract, but Adobe does not recognise it. To be honest they do have a problem with their Adobe ID system. For example they also messed up my ID and all my old Adobe licenses were lost. Took me a long time to try alternative logging in, and find them on another Adobe ID. Apparently my Adobe ID was split at some time do to changes on their platform !!!

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 28, 2015 at 3:43:42 pm

[Morten Ranmar] "Not slinging mud on this topic. It is a fair cause to debate pricing issues."

Don't backtrack Morten, stick to your guns! The very fact that your subject heading had to be edited by Tim is clear enough that you are mudslinging. And you're mudslinging based on a desire to trash Adobe for a common mistake. That's not a "fair cause".

[Morten Ranmar] " To be honest they do have a problem with their Adobe ID system."

Oh, so now you're giving more pertinent information that colors the entirety of your original "fair cause". Does this not seem even less of a reason for you to come out swinging in the air?

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
on Jun 28, 2015 at 6:30:37 pm

Good to hear that pure capitalism is still alive. The world so desperately needs that...

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 29, 2015 at 2:37:55 am

[Morten Ranmar] "Good to hear that pure capitalism is still alive. The world so desperately needs that..."

Funny, because I don't subscribe to that view at all. You should look up some more terminology to throw my way, you might find one more appropriate!

Return to posts index

Morten Ranmar
Re: CC for Teams pricing problemsn (RESOLVED)
on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:14:41 pm

Finally got a message back from my vendor that he was able to persuade Adobe that my complaint about the pricing was indeed right. Got a new quote that was now according to expectations. Hope nobody else has to wrestle like this. It's not about saving a few bucks - but about rights, which diminish by the day...

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 29, 2015 at 7:36:57 pm

Glad you got it resolved Morten.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 30, 2015 at 12:44:50 am

Yes! Thank you for the update. Very good to news to hear that it has come to a happy end.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 30, 2015 at 2:47:19 am

[Morten Ranmar] "but about rights, which diminish by the day..."

Except they're not.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:20:20 am

Glad it has been resolved.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Jun 30, 2015 at 7:51:46 pm

Hi Morten,

[Morten Ranmar] "he was able to persuade Adobe that my complaint about the pricing was indeed right. Got a new quote that was now according to expectations. "

I'm glad that you got the pricing that was promised to you originally.

[Morten Ranmar] " Hope nobody else has to wrestle like this. It's not about saving a few bucks - but about rights, which diminish by the day..."

If there's anything I can do in the future when facing issues like this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]