FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC Update Expected Tuesday

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel McClintock
CC Update Expected Tuesday
on Jun 13, 2015 at 1:11:00 am

At last, the activity on this board (maybe) will increase!

http://prodesigntools.com/new-adobe-cc-2015-release.html

---------------------------

"Sometimes Life Needs a Cmd-Z!"

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo Jørgensen
Re: CC Update Expected Tuesday
on Jun 13, 2015 at 11:51:20 am

[Daniel McClintock] "At last, the activity on this board (maybe) will increase!"

Yes, looking forward to it. First question is: How long should one wait before loading the new version?

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 13, 2015 at 1:59:38 pm

[Mads Nybo Jørgensen] "Yes, looking forward to it. First question is: How long should one wait before loading the new version?"

As you can run them side-by-side with the previous version I would say that you don't have to wait

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 13, 2015 at 3:17:22 pm

Not EVERYTHING would be a new version, I think: for example, what's been done to Audition lately?

I for one would scrutinize each application to see if it's a whole new version or just an update, and proceed accordingly to one's specific needs.

If it's indeed a new version that can be run side-by-side with the current version, that's one thing. But if it's just an update to an application that's crucial to your livelihood, that's very different. The cure could be worse than the disease.

My confidence in Adobe's ability to get it right the first time is VERY low. So if you can endure not being on the bleeding edge for a few weeks, I would bide my time, wait for the bugs to crop up... and wait for the fix for the fix.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 13, 2015 at 10:46:01 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "My confidence in Adobe's ability to get it right the first time is VERY low. So if you can endure not being on the bleeding edge for a few weeks, I would bide my time, wait for the bugs to crop up... and wait for the fix for the fix."

My confidence in any software company's ability to get it right in a .0 release is very low. My rule of thumb was always to wait until the first .1 release, though that was when new releases happened about every two years as opposed to annually. Now I usually wait a month or so and if nothing show stopping has been reported I'll upgrade if I have the time. I keep clones of all my systems though so if something does go south I have a backup.

Heck, I think it was only last month or so when I upgraded to 10.9.

Return to posts index

JP Pelc
on Jun 15, 2015 at 8:52:08 pm

I would still be on 10.8.5 if I could. I hate 10.9 and especially 10.10

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 15, 2015 at 2:35:27 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "My confidence in Adobe's ability to get it right the first time is VERY low."

Is this coming from someone who nearly always gets what they do right the first time? Especially in regards to big revamps of workflows or product?

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Jun 15, 2015 at 9:51:30 pm

The new features look great - WarpCut alone will help immeasurably in corporate soundbite work (usually take the soundbites into Avid to achieve the same thing..this will eliminate the trip. New Color Correction tools, markers and work spaces all great improvements.

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]