FORUMS: list search recent posts

Debate is over?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Debate is over?
on Jun 9, 2015 at 5:19:20 am

Just noticed this forum is a bit quiet and wondering why there are only crickets chirping. Where is the lively debate?

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
Re: Debate is over?
on Jun 9, 2015 at 5:58:59 am

I'm sure when CC2015 drops this summer it will briefly flare up again. For the most part though I think all the debatable things have been debated many times over. Either you will pay for CC or you won't. Really nothing new to talk about.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Jun 9, 2015 at 1:55:12 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "m sure when CC2015 drops this summer it will briefly flare up again. For the most part though I think all the debatable things have been debated many times over. Either you will pay for CC or you won't. Really nothing new to talk about."

Agreed. Until something changes or there is news of some sort.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jun 9, 2015 at 2:50:36 pm

[David Mathis] "Just noticed this forum is a bit quiet and wondering why there are only crickets chirping. Where is the lively debate?"

I think this forum started getting quiet about 4-6 months ago. Like Andrew says, you either accept it and use it or you don't. People move on one way or the other. Adobe won't collapse as a company. Life goes on...and for some people that includes using Adobe. For other people it won't. The pros and cons of subscription software have been debated ad nauseam. At this point, it seems more and more companies are moving in that direction (Adobe, Autodesk, Red Giant, The Foundry, and to some extent Avid).

[Andrew Kimery] "I'm sure when CC2015 drops this summer it will briefly flare up again. For the most part though I think all the debatable things have been debated many times over. Either you will pay for CC or you won't. Really nothing new to talk about."

I'm looking forward to CC2015. Looks like they have added some really nice functionality and increased interoperability between apps. And even at Apple's WWDC Keynote yesterday discussing Adobe's continued use of the Metal API to speed up functions in Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects in OS 10.11 also looks very promising.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

Billy Payn
on Jun 9, 2015 at 6:02:25 pm

As far as I know it's only Universe from Red Giant that is available with subscription, but you can buy a lifetime membership for what is a very reasonable price (£300) last I saw . The only reason I haven't signed up for this is the lack of longevity in the deal as it's a plugin to Adobe products. I wonder how much the likes of Video copilot and Red giant have suffered from people not buying their plugins for host programs they don't see as having legs (for them )

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo Jørgensen
on Jun 9, 2015 at 10:27:04 pm

[David Mathis] "Just noticed this forum is a bit quiet and wondering why there are only crickets chirping. Where is the lively debate?"

It depends on what you want to debate?

However, just below this thread there is a developing one about turning AE into an app for tablets. My understanding of the current Adobe apps in the iTunes store such as Photoshop is that you buy them as a perpetual license for the device - which I would have thought would excite some of the long-term users of this forum?

See, there is a debate for you to consider. All you had to do, was ask for one ;-)

Never-the-less: Like others have already said, until the upgrade for CC arrives, there are not much news to discuss. And even so, I think the debate forum should carry on.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Jun 10, 2015 at 6:29:43 pm

It does excite me to a certain extent. Great for a quick touch up, but no tablet application will have the same league of power as the desktop version. That is just the nature of the beast. Great to see an application like that.

Curious to see what After Effects capabilities will be available on the iPad or other tablet equipment. Sure, less features and less power to be sure. On the other hand it will allow for some work outside of the studio, making post activities to be more efficient. Would love to hear what others have to say. If the AE application is available for the iPad without being tied to subscription only, I would be very interested in it. By the way, there should be a Premiere Pro app for the iPad as well. Give a chance to do a rough cut while outside the studio. Just a thought. Carry on the debate!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 10, 2015 at 6:57:39 pm

[David Mathis] "By the way, there should be a Premiere Pro app for the iPad as well. Give a chance to do a rough cut while outside the studio. Just a thought. Carry on the debate!"

There is. It's called Adobe Premiere Clip and you can send you Premiere Clip project files (and any media on the iPad/iPhone itself) to Adobe Premiere Pro via Creative Cloud.

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 12, 2015 at 3:16:32 am

I haven't touched an Adobe application in 6 months other than CS6 Photoshop. It will stay that way. Nothing more to say at the moment. My debate is over, though I might chime in now and then.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1, Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1.6, Premiere Pro CS 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K, Blackmagic Teranex, Avid MC, 2013 Mac Pro Hexacore, 1 TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 2-D500: 2012 Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-680 960GB SSD: Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 16GB RAM 250GB SSD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]