FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looks like it's time...

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Miller
Looks like it's time...
on Apr 1, 2015 at 12:12:31 pm

Having fought the good fight for some time, I have now decided to throw in the towel and join the Creative Cloud. Aindreas made the right decision when he joined back last year or thereabouts....it was something he needed to do. Personally, I had thought it would not become necessary, but now it can't be put off any longer. Perhaps someone who is using a Mac can post what, if any, pitfalls there may be during signup...I had heard stories (via postings on various boards) about signups or installations that went awry. Yet another consideration would be whether or not a CC installation would affect my current CS installations (I have 3 of them installed).

Assuming all of that went OK, I will be looking forward to giving all of the new features a spin. Particular interest will be given to Photoshop options which have been added since CS6. Right now, I also will need to get acquainted with updated features to InDesign. I am hoping that this will all go smoothly...some past installs of CS haven't been that straightforward so I don't know what to expect from the humongous download that CC probably will be. Later on it might be a good idea to check around and see if there is a FAQ for that so I can avoid hassles before they occur (if that is possible).

Fortunately I have a reasonably fast connection to the internet here so if the CC downloads really are humongous then hopefully they will download quickly and I won't have to wait too much. Only other thing to have to worry about is whether or not the Adobe registration system will be working smoothly when I go to do this. Otherwise, it could be an annoying situation. Looks like I will just have to play it by ear and hope for the best. Such is life.

Don't know if this is really the way to go. All things considered, I guess I can always go back if this doesn't work out. You just never know how things will turn out.

- David

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Looks like it's time...
on Apr 1, 2015 at 2:28:48 pm

It all went smoothly for me and the CS6 Apps were unaffected on my Mac.

You might hate the rental but you'll love the CC Apps - Perhaps Adobe should use that line in their marketing? :)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Apr 1, 2015 at 2:46:12 pm

That's a great slogan, Steve! I just finished a six month project at a TV station working with CC 2014, setting up a graphics department. CC worked flawlessly! One of the things I particularly liked was the ability to share Photoshop Styles via the Cloud (Adobe's Cloud, that is). I could set up templates for news graphics using various styles, then make sure those styles were available to all of the graphics people. Very slick!

I'm still on CS6 in my office, but I'm just a step away from jumping to the CC.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 1, 2015 at 6:33:41 pm

> One of the things I particularly liked was the ability to share Photoshop Styles via the Cloud (Adobe's Cloud, that is). I could set up templates for news graphics using various styles, then make sure those styles were available to all of the graphics people. Very slick!

In that case, I am very much looking forward to showing y'all what we have in the works for After Effects and Premiere Pro. I wish that I could say more right now. Stay tuned around NAB for some news from us in this area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 1, 2015 at 8:42:18 pm

Looking forward to the announcement. I might just fold and subscribe.

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Apr 1, 2015 at 9:28:38 pm

love the apps...don't mind the rental. Maybe i'm the rare bird that upgraded every time taking advantage of the latest and greatest offerings....but for us, it's a wash, and slightly less expensive with the monthly fee...and the advantage (upgrades, speed, ease of use) far outweighs the rental charge - if you use this to make a living, you make that back in less than the first hour of a client edit

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Apr 1, 2015 at 9:40:46 pm

April 1st joke, right?

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 1, 2015 at 10:10:07 pm

Wondering the same thing.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Apr 2, 2015 at 12:14:00 am

[Herbert van der wegen] "April 1st joke, right"

For me the giveaway was

"All things considered, I guess I can always go back if this doesn't work out."

Return to posts index

David Miller
on Apr 2, 2015 at 5:18:08 pm

[Chris Pettit] "For me the giveaway was

"All things considered, I guess I can always go back if this doesn't work out."
"

If you want to know the true meaning of my original post, do the following:

1) Go back to the original post and pick out the FIRST letter appearing in each sentence (e.g. the first letter in the first sentence is "H"...the first letter in the second sentence is "A", etc.).
2) Place those letters in their order of appearance and group them according to the paragraphs they appear in.
3) Read the message that results! ;)

- David

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Apr 2, 2015 at 5:36:36 pm
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Apr 3, 2015 at 1:05:22 am

[David Miller] "If you want to know the true meaning of my original post, do the following:

1) Go back to the original post and pick out the FIRST letter appearing in each sentence (e.g. the first letter in the first sentence is "H"...the first letter in the second sentence is "A", etc.).
2) Place those letters in their order of appearance and group them according to the paragraphs they appear in.
3) Read the message that results! ;)"

Sheer brilliance. We are in the presence of April Fools Day greatness ladies and gentlemen! Bravo!

EDIT: I don't think it was Davids intention to offend anyone, although he certainly can speak for himself. I certainly was not applauding anything in that regard, just enjoying a very well executed joke, nothing more.

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:45:27 pm
Last Edited By Aindreas Gallagher on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:45:53 pm

that was utterly choice. if you don't nab anyone, april fool's isn't worth doing. In the station I worked in years ago we once fooled galway that there was going to be a bridge built to the aran islands. I did the news graphics for the fake report we ran. Big red brick bridge built in 3DS max comped into a scenic photo. Three tourist boat companies lost their minds and started calling up politicians, local councillors, local newspapers, the front desk phone at TG4 was ringing off the hook all night. There's no point in april fools if you don't catch some rubes.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 5, 2015 at 1:03:26 am

Brilliant! Went back and read the original post. Very well played joke. So obvious yet essy to miss. That post was perfect.

Return to posts index

David Miller
on Apr 8, 2015 at 2:16:07 pm

[Chris Pettit] "EDIT: I don't think it was Davids intention to offend anyone, although he certainly can speak for himself. I certainly was not applauding anything in that regard, just enjoying a very well executed joke, nothing more.
"

That is correct....no offense meant. Unfortunately, the very nature of such jokes means that some people will have a problem with it while others will see the humor in it.

- David

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 2, 2015 at 5:45:34 pm

So appear to ask for help, let people spend time trying to help, then fess up that it's an April Fool.

Not that funny really, still whatever rings your bell I suppose.

Now back to my PPro CC edit........

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 3, 2015 at 12:08:04 pm

you mad genius. I completely fell for that. look at all the words I typed.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:19:55 pm

the creative cloud management tool hasn't dropped a beat once to be honest. I paid by the year, so it's one and done.

You'll likely get grabbed more than me in a way. I'm less PS ID and more AE Ppro. The cloud is very focused on design assets - it makes sense given DSL download speeds - but it's nice basically.

the image capture PS brush design tool on iOS I have star trek level love for. I can recall how much I hated brush designing in PS - fifteen years ago. I don't need it but - it's the sweetest thing to snap on your iphone, play with your fingers and watch it appear later inside PS. It's genuinely lovely. Also you'd feel the colour tool has real validity. The iOS drawing tools are sound too. They're putting their back in there.

And the amount of niggle fixing that's been going on the last 12 months is surreal in PPro and AE. Yes it means checkboxes proliferating, but honestly, it's extraordinarily responsive user updating - I'm inclined at this point to buy the notion that a CC club allows them to answer club requests.

As with you I guess - I've got CS6 production premium. Some guarded words have been directed their way from financial types lately (recent threads) that things seem to be decelerating with their point blank request to take up the master suite. They may have run out of road on the discount intro.
I think they may be put to a situation where the suite might disassemble back into rational subscription parts - or not. They definitely don't have the maneuvering room to rapidly accelerate subscription fees anytime soon.

I think all the product teams are on the money and al mooney style mensches, but I also think at board level they would skin us alive if they could. Shantanyu Narayen would see a hundred dollars a month in his cocktail dreams. It's either going to be grand in the long run, or the company board is going to start trying to eat the user base alive for profit.

It boils down to whether they are honest brokers as a creative group asking for trust to guard against a pay model dissolving, or alternatively we're looking at grinning PR faces in front of a management board herding everyone they can catch into some serious pips squeak corralled profit taking.

I'd love to believe the former could be true at adobe. But then you spend 30 seconds listening to the C.E.O.
That man might as well be selling coal for all he cares - and he would make it very expensive coal.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:20:53 pm

You mentioned Macs.....

If you like to use After Effects, you just might want to hold off on getting Cloudy.

There are many known issues with AE and Yosemite. Some are annoying, a few are darned near debilitating, and a lot leaving you scratching your head.

Adobe says there is a fix coming "in the spring". Well, that means the fix could be here tomorrow after noon, or midway through June. Adobe isn't saying.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:43:23 pm

there are the same issues with CC AE. video audio adobe all over is buggy as hell lately. PPro is becoming a legendary suite flakey given its wide adoption rate. Never ending audio drop outs and stalled playback madness are a feature of life in PPro currently. And that's coming from a place with a stack of engineers on hand.

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Apr 2, 2015 at 12:43:49 am

Much of that glitchiness is Apple system/quicktime related, not Premiere

We've found that by
* cleaning the adobe cache regularly
* get Digital Rebelion's preference management and cleanup tools - solves virtually every problem in every NLE (not just adobe but FCPX FCP7 Avid)
* Repair permissions on mac often
* use ONYX for a deep clean of mac and restart when things get funky

All of the above solves a multitude of plst and preference file oddness and eliminates problems mentioned above

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 2, 2015 at 1:10:43 am

no. you're talking engineers who will turn up in two minutes and call up live fps gui overlays. PPro is apparently getting properly unstable at facility level currently. With broadcast EMEA assets. Tape deliveries are not involved, it's the basic suite playback operation falling apart in practice that's the issue.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 2, 2015 at 12:23:32 pm

Aindreas,

Can you offer some specifiics on the issues you are seeing? Personally I've noticed digital audio ticks (like static) in my audio with PPro lately.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 3, 2015 at 12:22:16 pm

Just audio playback basically. The place where premiere is, they've got twenty seats of it, and proper engineers. The last six or so times I've been in, we've ended up pulling in an engineer to try and get the timeline to play ball.

Either playback will begin with no audio, audio will cut out a few seconds in, or it will arbitrarily only play the AV audio and ignore the music track. They come in and check the prefs, check the Kona stuff, for the last while everything's been fine on paper everytime they go look because no one is touching the prefs but them.

It's definitely a problem because there's a small pool of producers jumping between all the seats. the first time the audio playback goes - they're like - its the audio again isn't it. They're extremely aware of it being a persistent problem, it comes up all the time. For short form music driven broadcast spots it's a quality of persistent chronic problem that's close to water torture given how often you're checking little bits of the cut with the tune. no static though - that'll be something to look forward to...

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 3, 2015 at 1:04:55 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "Either playback will begin with no audio, audio will cut out a few seconds in, or it will arbitrarily only play the AV audio and ignore the music track.... "

I've seen this in SAN environments. Does it happen mainly when accessing a project in a different room from where it was started? When you launch and get no audio, do you see a string of activity comments in the lower right of the UI? Specifically saying it's conforming audio files. I've found that if that's the case, you have to wait until this process is completely finished before you can start editing.

I've also run into issue where I have timelines with mixed formats. If anything changes in the IO device (like a new driver update), existing sequences will no longer play through the device. If I create a new sequence and drop any clip on it where the clip and the sequence settings match, that will play out. Then if I go back to the original sequence with the issue, all is good again.

Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:28:12 pm

Nice - thanks Oliver. Bookmarked that. I don't think the conform process is the issue - the last time things didn't get unbearable for quite a while. it's real gremlins stuff. Also the last time it started behaving itself the minute the engineer walked in and started running tests. Murphy's law. No doubt it'll shake out - the engineers are at it persistently, and they've got communication with adobe engineering.
Plus I've never gotten it myself running edits off the lappie - premiere seems indestructible on a two year old lappie even with GH4 4k and 1080p slomo on a 1080p timeline - all their stuff is vanilla prores HQ - so it has to be the san environment in some way? the jobs definitely transfer a lot - they have a million jobs in process and they're jumping between producer laptop pre-edits and then getting different runs of the project in different suites.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Apr 3, 2015 at 7:48:32 pm

[Aindreas Gallagher] "so it has to be the san environment in some way? the jobs definitely transfer a lot - they have a million jobs in process and they're jumping between producer laptop pre-edits and then getting different runs of the project in different suites."

Yes, the SAN and this amount of bouncing around would seem to be the likely culprits. In my discussion with the Avid folks regarding their optimization between Premiere and Isis, I was told that the engineers (of both cos) worked on tweaks to improve disc performance and other issues. This has to do with the way Premiere deals with drives. The same was true with "Gone Girl". I suspect these sort of improvements will make their way into shipping products pretty quickly. Some already have.

- Oliver

Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 3, 2015 at 9:27:09 pm

ok yes - your mouth to god's ear - someone in another place told me that adobe immediately starts spraying a ton of private tiny files like confetti to engineer the timeline performance they've figured out? and that basic scrubbing will initiate it. I still do love the thing. crazy riches as an editing system. In the place with the problems there are already industrial level customisations of the PPro layout in the flyout menu. twenty and thirty setups on every system. FCP8 of your dreams really.
I introduced QW rushes triage to someone when we were on a ton of logging there recently and their face lit up like a child.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
on Apr 3, 2015 at 6:56:25 am

And in the meantime Fusion is gearing up for a Mac release!
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/videos/fusion

AFx better not rest on its laurels.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Apr 3, 2015 at 4:10:17 pm

> AFx better not rest on its laurels.

Not resting.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 3, 2015 at 10:17:46 pm
Last Edited By Aindreas Gallagher on Apr 3, 2015 at 10:22:06 pm

so you have to be considering something that could be done with the ipad draw tools in live record mode with AE. surely. because reasons for god's sake.

Or live record AE gravity environments? Or running particle environments with live brush wind distortions? where you can play the tune in time to the record? EHRMAGAWD.

why did I ever buy the fancy pen for god's sake?

if ever anything was begging for an iOS to desktop app linked simple canvas subset - it has to be the AE live performance draw paint motion sketch stuff.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Apr 4, 2015 at 3:18:41 am

[Todd Kopriva] " > AFx better not rest on its laurels.

Not resting."

I know you cant talk about it Todd, (and putting aside the subscription issues for the moment), I hope serious GPU rendering/acceleration/ app restructuring is at the heart of what you guys are working on. A profoundly faster workflow has got to be the most important factor for a lot of AE users heading into a post-1080P world. Syncing PS styles is window dressing if you're struggling to meet creative and project oriented deadlines with complex renders.

The more I work in 4K, the more I realize that the old tools and render speeds simply will no longer do. I've moved to Octane Render for C4d for a lot of projects simply because I can no longer tolerate the render times with the native renderer (as much as I miss it's elegance). And when working with CS6 I'm getting a serious lesson in how completely inadequate render times are with the current architecture. Since the fundamental engine has not changed since Adobe moved from CS to CC only, I assume this is still true and a big reason some users, CC or CS, (myself included) are 1 step away from jumping on board with someone like Black Magic (if they can get their own house in order).

Full disclosure, if Adobe doesn't unclench it's subscription policy even a little, then I probably wont subscribe whatever you guys accomplish anyway. Blah Blah...

But I really do wish a bright future for AE regardless, and in my opinion that future had better be damn faster. Hopefully the announcement at NAB will be exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh, and timeline layer folders...

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 4, 2015 at 8:39:00 pm

Agree totally with Chris on this one. At the moment, any motion graphics work I need to do is not complicated so Motion fits my needs. Most of the realtime, or close to it, previews are a big benefit of Motion. Course it will not be realtime with enough layers involved. Interface is more elegant. No expressions, but rarely need them.

My eye is on Fusion as a way to enhance still images for a title sequence. Great color correction tools and no need to think in layers though a node based approach might be a bit of learning curve.

With that all said, I hope AE can have a more elegant interface and more realtime performance. Also, would love to see a buyout option as well. I do wish those that use AE great success, the same for the development team. Right now, my fears of rental only are keeping me from subscribing at the moment.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Apr 4, 2015 at 9:57:13 pm

[David Mathis] "My eye is on Fusion as a way to enhance still images for a title sequence. Great color correction tools and no need to think in layers though a node based approach might be a bit of learning curve."

If you're talking about an image sequence, sure. But if you're talking about a one off DSLR still (like a .CR2), then nope. Fusion is far more analogous to Nuke or Shake than to a Photoshop, Lightroom, or Aperture. While I know you can bring in some types of stills (typically used as a background plate) into Fusion, I would be surprised if anybody would be happy or efficient doing photo manipulation in Fusion (or Nuke or Shake). They're compositing applications and don't lend themselves to single still manipulation like an Aperture or Lightroom.

I don't think you'll be happy using a node based compositor for DSLR stills photo touchups. However, maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying. If so, I apologize in advance!

Just my $.02

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 4, 2015 at 10:11:38 pm

Was thinking of using Fusion as you just described but do see where you are coming from. All is good and no need to appologize.

Was going to composite several stills together for a itle sequnce, some light color correction and Motion for text. Hope that explains things. Always love hearing from others!

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Apr 4, 2015 at 10:31:21 pm

[David Mathis] "All is good and no need to appologize."

I've found that meaning and intention is so often misconstrued in online forums, and I didn't want you to read any derogatory "tone" from my post. Often times, I misunderstand what a poster is actually saying or asking.

By the way, I notice that you are listed as in Dallas, Texas? Is that accurate? You and I are probably close by each other!

Ryan Holmes
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 6, 2015 at 12:16:21 am

Actually live in the Sherman area. If you make up this way give me a call.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 7, 2015 at 3:13:24 pm

[Ryan Holmes] "If you're talking about an image sequence, sure. But if you're talking about a one off DSLR still (like a .CR2), then nope. Fusion is far more analogous to Nuke or Shake than to a Photoshop, Lightroom, or Aperture. While I know you can bring in some types of stills (typically used as a background plate) into Fusion, I would be surprised if anybody would be happy or efficient doing photo manipulation in Fusion (or Nuke or Shake). They're compositing applications and don't lend themselves to single still manipulation like an Aperture or Lightroom."

I like Lightroom for its range of color-sciencey image adjustments. I like Photoshop for the immediacy of its paint. But I can't stand using Photoshop for compositing or generative elements, because it's just so hard to work with mattes or to work procedurally.

Compositors are really excellent tools for this kind of work, even with stills. I do a ton of stills work in Ae, and I've dipped into NUKE a few times for still work, too.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Apr 7, 2015 at 5:04:08 pm

[Walter Soyka] "Compositors are really excellent tools for this kind of work, even with stills. I do a ton of stills work in Ae, and I've dipped into NUKE a few times for still work, too."

Completely agree. I was responding more to the idea of attempting to bring in 100 stills and color correct them, resize, retouch, etc. That is a job I'd leave more to Lightroom/Photoshop/Aperture. I don't think Fusion would be fast at that (though if it's free...you might as well try! :-)

But David is trying to avoid the Adobe CC model so he's looking for alternatives to LR and PS. I don't think Fusion would fit that bill well. He runs Motion now, and Fusion could compliment that if he decides the learning curve is worth it. But Fusion is not a drag-and-drop application like Motion. I frame it more into the Shake/Nuke categories given that's the toolset it's often times competing against.

Ryan Holmes
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 7, 2015 at 7:43:52 pm

[Ryan Holmes] "[Walter Soyka] "Compositors are really excellent tools for this kind of work, even with stills. I do a ton of stills work in Ae, and I've dipped into NUKE a few times for still work, too."

Completely agree. I was responding more to the idea of attempting to bring in 100 stills and color correct them, resize, retouch, etc. That is a job I'd leave more to Lightroom/Photoshop/Aperture. I don't think Fusion would be fast at that (though if it's free...you might as well try! :-)

But David is trying to avoid the Adobe CC model so he's looking for alternatives to LR and PS. I don't think Fusion would fit that bill well. He runs Motion now, and Fusion could compliment that if he decides the learning curve is worth it. But Fusion is not a drag-and-drop application like Motion. I frame it more into the Shake/Nuke categories given that's the toolset it's often times competing against."

Agree with both points of view. I have watched a few Fusion videos so at least I have some grounding with a node based approach. I would not be processing 100 stills at once, maybe more like 5 or 10, at most.

Walter brought up a point about paint, which is where Photoshop would excel but masking in Photoshop requires a little patience. So have to agree that Fusion would be a better choice, and probably for color correction.

For color correction of stills, probably would do that in FCP X, seems like a good choice. Everything would be right there in the timeline.

Every program has their strength. I am considering this CC idea a bit, but don't want to have to pay for a suite of tools when all I need is one. Also, even at $10 a month, the cost can add up if you are an occasional user. My two cents, whatever they are worth.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 10, 2015 at 2:24:18 am

[David Miller] "Don't know if this is really the way to go. All things considered, I guess I can always go back if this doesn't work out. You just never know how things will turn out. "

On the downloads, just download what you need when you need it or overnight. On my laptop I only have Photoshop and PPro while at the office I have the entire suite. And as you need more stuff, just download it as you need it. Helps with the downloads.

You're going to love the new color tool alone. What a gorgeous breakthrough coming soon. I'm really enjoying this new version.

https://library.creativecow.net/biscardi_walter/adobe-premiere-pro-color-me...

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:13:18 am

Walter,

That new color tool looks very nice. Waiting to see what they have planned with After Effects though Fusion is peaking my interest.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:23:14 am

[David Mathis] "Walter, That new color tool looks very nice. Waiting to see what they have planned with After Effects though Fusion is peaking my interest."

Plenty of detailed information on what's coming in Ae here:
http://adobe.ly/1OeFDaC

Is there something in particular you're waiting for?

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:37:01 am

Looking for pre-comps that are like groups in Motion. Not a very big deal, but pre-comps can be a bit of a minor pain to work with.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 10, 2015 at 5:18:45 am

[David Mathis] "Looking for pre-comps that are like groups in Motion. Not a very big deal, but pre-comps can be a bit of a minor pain to work with."

This feature request is called "uber-twirl" in the Ae community, and it is a pretty common one. If you want it, add your voice by filing a feature request [link].

Implementing uber-twirl could have some pretty interesting complications. Do you just want timeline grouping? Parenting? Effects and masking? Time-remapping? Also, consider taking a step back as you think about this: what problem(s) are you trying to solve?

The more detail you can provide about how you want to be able to use a feature, the better.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 10, 2015 at 3:12:24 pm

With a pre-comp you have to double click on it, make changes then go back into the comp it is placed in. Groups or as it is called the uber twirl does eliminate the need for that. Should work just as a traditional pre-comp would. Just no needing to jump between comps, if that makes sense. Any effects, masks, parenting and so on would stay intact. As you mentioned intersting complications could happen with that feature request.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 10, 2015 at 6:58:02 pm

[walter biscardi] "On the downloads, just download what you need when you need it or overnight. On my laptop I only have Photoshop and PPro while at the office I have the entire suite. And as you need more stuff, just download it as you need it. Helps with the downloads.

You're going to love the new color tool alone. What a gorgeous breakthrough coming soon. I'm really enjoying this new version.
"

Sorry Walter this wasn't a serious thread, just a "clever" gag!

Return to posts index

Craig Howard
on Apr 30, 2015 at 5:17:59 am

[Steve Connor] "Sorry Walter this wasn't a serious thread, just a "clever" gag!"

Where was the clever bit?

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CS6 Premiere Pro Production Premium Suite
Windows 7-64 bit:Assus P6T Deluxe Mob, 24 GB BM SDI Decklink, . HD Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]