hitfilm now supports resolve 11

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Marty
hitfilm now supports resolve 11
on Mar 3, 2015 at 10:03:15 pm

http://hitfilm.com/blog/update-3/

ricardo marty

there some other new stuff check website.

ricardo marty

Return to posts index

David Mathis
Re: hitfilm now supports resolve 11
on Mar 3, 2015 at 10:22:11 pm

Looks interesting, thanks for posting.

The magnetic timeline, it's magnetic-o-matic!

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Mar 4, 2015 at 11:17:18 pm

yeah, got an e blast on this AM, spent time looking, some impressive improvements. Encouraging...

BTW I pestered the Affinity guys about whether they might ever consider developing an alternative to AE. They were non-committal, but said they have been approached many times in that regard.

Looking forward to NAB this year to see if there are any other hints of disruption in the air. Specifically looking forward to spending time in the Black Magic booth.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Mar 4, 2015 at 11:22:59 pm
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Mar 4, 2015 at 11:27:00 pm

Also, Interesting from the HitFilm Website, for comparison to Adobe AE:
"HitFilm now makes the most of powerful graphics cards, particularly when rendering 2K or larger images on GPUs with over 2GB of memory"

This is in addition to news from NVidia. This new card is going to tear up 2D and 3D acceleration. In my case I'm getting ready to build a GPU heavy rig for Octane Render:

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/03/04/smaug/

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Mar 5, 2015 at 12:03:11 am

I have debated on getting Hit Film as an alternative to After Effects but waiting to see what direction BMD Fusion takes. Hoping that Blackmagic can come up with something similar to AE minus the subscrpition. Motion is nice but miss expressions.

Return to posts index

Chris Pettit
on Mar 5, 2015 at 12:13:03 am
Last Edited By Chris Pettit on Mar 5, 2015 at 1:41:51 am

[David Mathis] " Hoping that Blackmagic can come up with something similar to AE minus the subscrpition. Motion is nice but miss expressions."

Or possibly a dynamic link from Resolve to Fusion maybe? Just speculating. But imagine what that might do to Adobes subscription numbers.

Really looking forward to talking to BM at NAB. Unfortunately, I asked Affinity if they were going to be there, alas no. But how much you want to bet they will be next year?

GPU acceleration in Fusion alone is attractive as an alternative to AE, if I can just get past Nodes and other deficiencies, we'll see. But the more 4K I'm beginning to do, the more AE isn't cutting it anymore. Add forced subscriptions and this may turn out to be the year I leave CS6 behind and move on. We'll see.

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Mar 5, 2015 at 8:57:59 pm

In the event the playback issues in the Edit page of Resolve are resolved (pardon said pun), and more codec support I might just leave FCP X to move on to greener pastures. Having said that, Motion is still nice to have around for less complex stuff. Fusion does have expressions whereas Motion does not. It will be interesting to see what will happen at NAB, until then steady as she goes for the course.

By the way, my favorite title sequence is of the Saul Bass variety. Minimal, yet elaborate.

The magnetic timeline, it's magnetic-o-matic!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]