FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating DVD backup from purchased CS6 Master Collection download

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud Debate

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Jrakman
Creating DVD backup from purchased CS6 Master Collection download
on Feb 15, 2015 at 7:17:07 pm
Last Edited By Jaeson Jrakman on Feb 15, 2015 at 7:17:41 pm

I'm considering purchasing a CS6 Master Collection download, that is a legitimate copy from Adobe, for one user that can be installed on 2 separate computers.

My question is, after I've downloaded it, is it possible for me to create a DVD backup, so that i can reinstall it in the event of a computer crash, without having to download it again from Adobe.com?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
Re: Creating DVD backup from purchased CS6 Master Collection download
on Feb 15, 2015 at 7:30:25 pm

As I understand it, it seems no problem.
After you downloaded the installer packages simply copy them on DVD (or more… because one isn´t enough for the complete Collection) or a external hard drive.
As far as I know, you are allowed to do so.
You can also download the installer packages at Adobe itself (I think, the installer packages are still available there).
If you than have a guilty registration number you will be able to install the whole Master Collection again.
But: You should always take care of your data and the eventuality of a PC-Crash.
If you build a daily/weekly backup of your hard disc, you should be able to rebuild your PC including the Master Collection installation.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Jrakman
on Feb 16, 2015 at 9:51:14 pm

Thanks!

I guess I know how to burn files to a DVD, but I'm not sure how to create a backup of my hard disc.

Return to posts index

Rainer Schubert
on Feb 17, 2015 at 10:21:23 am

If you are on a mac, you can simply use time machine. Windows 7/8 has a inbuild backup also.
Some external drives come with a backup software solution also.
And after all, here is a list of backup software: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_backup_software
As it´s depending to your needs, it´s difficult to give a answer.
But there are lots of sites to google.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]