FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to seamlessly transfer Creative Cow subscription?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Orman
How to seamlessly transfer Creative Cow subscription?
on Feb 28, 2017 at 3:43:03 am

I've been using a personal Creative Cow subscription on an employer-owned Macbook Pro, which I'll never do again, and now am attempting to transfer that subscription to one my employer pays for. I'd appreciate any quick advice on the best approach here. I believe the best approach is to create a wholly new Creative Cow subscription on that computer with my employer's payment details etc. My questions are, 1) Is this the best approach? 2) Can I do this while retaining the old Creative Cow projects I created in PPro, AFX and other CC programs (using my personal subscription), and still be able to open and edit them using the new subscription? Right now I have all those projects saved on the Documents folder of my work Macbook Pro. (The last important detail here is I'll be leaving this job soon, and a big part of the reason I'm doing this now is so my successor in this job will still be able to also open/edit projects I created, such as a template projects I created for them, but won't be using my personal subscription to do it. I'm also planning to save those projects and associated media on an external hard-drive I'm taking with me.)
Thanks very much for any advice here.
Neil

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: How to seamlessly transfer Creative Cow subscription?
on Feb 28, 2017 at 5:34:49 pm

[Neil Orman] "1) Is this the best approach?"

Yes.

[Neil Orman] "2) Can I do this while retaining the old Creative Cow projects I created in PPro, AFX and other CC programs (using my personal subscription), and still be able to open and edit them using the new subscription? Right now I have all those projects saved on the Documents folder of my work Macbook Pro. (The last important detail here is I'll be leaving this job soon, and a big part of the reason I'm doing this now is so my successor in this job will still be able to also open/edit projects I created, such as a template projects I created for them, but won't be using my personal subscription to do it. I'm also planning to save those projects and associated media on an external hard-drive I'm taking with me.)"

Your project files are not linked in any way to your specific Creative Cloud subscription. You can share the project files with anyone who has a Creative Cloud subscription, and they'll be able to open them.

Again, to be clear, your Creative Cloud subscription authorizes you to launch the applications. This is completely independent of the project files you create with them.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]