FORUMS: list search recent posts

Opening projects in CC after update

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Caine
Opening projects in CC after update
on Oct 18, 2016 at 1:29:00 pm

Hey, so I am currently using Adobe Creative Cloud and I noticed that whenever I begin a project (namely in Premiere) before an update, then try to open it again after the update, the project absolutely refuses to open. I realise that there is probably a conflict between the two versions of the program, but I'm wondering what exactly I can do about this. I try to wait and finish a project before updating, but sometimes I need to refer back to a project at a later date that was done in an earlier version of CC and it seems at that point I am royally screwed. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Opening projects in CC after update
on Oct 29, 2016 at 5:07:43 am

Perhaps you have deleted the older version of the program when you upgraded. There is a check box when you upgrade, that is easy to miss. Make sure you don't have Adobe delete the old version when you upgrade. Then make a final version save of the project in the OLD version, so you can essentially freeze it at that version. Once you open the old project in the new version you can't go back! So the best advice I can offer is to finish Project 1 in Version whatever, then upgrade and start Project 2 in Version Whatever +1. That's the cleanest way to do it. And you retain the old version of Adobe's product and can reopen at the point where the last version is still viable. Make sense?

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]