FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC+ El Capitan

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Lev
Problems with Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC+ El Capitan
on Oct 17, 2016 at 10:09:28 am

Hi,

I'm working in a company which products movies and we have problems for now one year with our video editing stations. The problems started when we used Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 and Adobe After Effects CS6 with Apple MacPro 2012 computers and OS Lion. FCP 7 and AE CS6 failed while the video editor was working and these applications appeared strikethrough in the finder. As we had this problem each time we connect the computers to the network, we thougt it was because of the server and we unplugged it, but even if the stations was functionnal for three months, the problems started again.

So we changed OS, first Yosemite then El Capitan: no change. We stopped to work with Final Cut Pro and worked with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6: no change. Then we change computers, we have now new MacPro: no change. Finally, we change applications to work with Adobe Premiere Pro CC and AE CC, and always no change.

When we explain our problems to Apple and Adobe, they don't understand why the system doesn't work. They think there is a problem with our network and Internet connection, but we also installed the OS and the software in an other place with optical fiber to know if our network is defective and we had the same result. In addition, we also have a DAW with Pro Tools 12 to mix movies and an other computer (PC) for 3D production with Maya 2016, and I succeed to download these applications which run, so I think there is no problem with our network.

In conclusion, we unplugged the server then we changed computers, OS, softwares and we don't understand why the applications don't run. We also try to install OS and software in an other place with an other Internet connection, so it's not our network which creates this problem. Others computers for mix and 3D production run and can be connected to the server. So our problem just appears with video editing softwares and the solution should be a common setting to all these applications (FCP 7, Adobe CS6, Adobe CC).

I'm not video editor so I ask for you if you have an idea. I contacted professionnals from Adobe, Apple, and video editing, but nobody understands.

So I really thank you to help us.

Regards.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Problems with Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC+ El Capitan
on Oct 29, 2016 at 5:03:30 am

Matt. It is very hard to understand what you are experiencing. Perhaps there is some problem in not having English as a first language to be able to describe what you are experiencing. It's just that your descriptions are confusing. So here are some suggestions:

• What do you mean by "FCP 7 and AECS6 failed while the video editor was working and these applications appeared strikethrough in the finder.

• What exactly do you mean by "failed"?

• What do you mean by "Strikethrough in Finder?"

• I've never heard or seen that before. What does that mean? Were they ever working? Did you do an upgrade and then they stopped working? Or is this a first installation and they have never worked before?
  • You talk about using a "server' but don't explain what that means. Can you clarify what you were doing with a server, what kind of server etc.?

• You talk about changing computers, software etc. It's just impossible to understand what you were actually experiencing. If you are not technical enough to describe the problem, can you get someone who is technical to help you tell us what has caused this? It's impossible to understand where the problem is. Is it FCP, Adobe, some unnamed server, some version of Apple's OS, or what? You do say you were able to download and run Protools and Maya (on Windows it seems), so the network doesn't seem to be a problem for you. Nor does Windows computers.

• You say, "Others computers for mix and 3D production run and can be connected to the server." but you don't clarify whether these computers are Windows or Mac nor do you clarify which OS and versions of the software you are running.

When you are able to help us clearly understand what you are experiencing, perhaps we can offer some better advice.

Best of luck!

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]