FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project Management

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dawson
Project Management
on Aug 17, 2016 at 4:51:04 am

Hello, we work in Creative Services at a TV station. We handle Local Commercial Production & Promotions for hundreds of clients. As you can imagine, the organizational habits we stepped into are a nightmare! Broken links, missing media, etc.

We have a NAS on the way that will remove all the random hard drives from the editors (We use a Adobe Creative Cloud, without the "Cloud" part, long story). The plan is to house all media assets on the NAS that will back up elsewhere on-site and one off-site. But the chance we have now is to start a new organized program.

With hundreds of clients, we're looking for a suitable asset & project manager. We hope to have one folder per client, that we can add media to into sub folders (Media Type -> Production Date... i.e. Audio -> Aug 2016 -> Voiceover.mp3). Leaving up to staff to do just in Windows or OSX is where it gets messy "I had to hurry!"

Is there a software program out there that can manage this workflow? With the ability to create and edit client-based projects and directories?? Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Project Management
on Aug 18, 2016 at 3:27:37 pm

Yes there is: Adobe Bridge. As Art Director at an ABC affiliate in New Hampshire, I was in charge of digital assets for News, Commercial Production, and Promotions.

I used Bridge to manage upwards of 300,000 files of all sorts - graphics, audio clips, projects (AE, 3DS Max, Combustion), scripts, and footage. It worked beautifully! I could put my hands on a commercial project we had done a couple of years ago in seconds! Here's an article I wrote about in for the COW a few years ago:

https://library.creativecow.net/bourke_joseph/magazine_27-Adobe-Bridge/1

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]