FORUMS: list search recent posts

I suddenly can't get CC to work on my MacBook Pro (or PPro or AE)

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Bonet
I suddenly can't get CC to work on my MacBook Pro (or PPro or AE)
on Jun 23, 2016 at 11:42:34 pm
Last Edited By Xavier Bonet on Jun 23, 2016 at 11:50:36 pm

Hello, guys,

I'm having some hair-pulling issues here! I just tried to install the InDesign CC 2015 to try it out and see if I want to purchase it. The download got up to abut 42% and then I got an error. When I tried following the link to see what the error was, I got a blank page. So I tried downloading ID from direct link and installing the trial but, once again, I kept on getting this error, just a generic error, with no more information:

Then, when I said, "O, well", and tried to get on with my urgent Premiere Pro work... I now get this error! And I can't open PPro (or AE).

When I follow the link, I get told that if I use CC I have to download the lasted CC (I also tried using the other option and it doesn't work). So I tried reinstalling CC and all that happened was that the CC window was opened... and this is all I get now from CC!

I've tried ALL of the 5 steps to solve this issue that Adobe offers... restarting, uninstalling/reinstalling, erasing the data from the OOBE but nothing works! And I can't even uninstall and reinstall PPro, because it says it needs that Adobe Application Manager whose function, according to Adobe, is now fulfilled by CC or at least is incorporated into CC.

I have NO idea what to do and I can't find a solution anywhere. And right now I'm panicking because I have urgent editing to get done and I'm simply stuck inside four stone walls with this! It's incredible!

Anyway, a million thanks to anyone who can help!

Return to posts index

Xavier Bonet
Re: I suddenly can't get CC to work on my MacBook Pro (or PPro or AE)
on Jun 24, 2016 at 12:03:11 am

Hello, again! Kept on trying to solve this, and kept on pulling out my hair, but finally I got a ray of light: I found the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool and hit "Cleanup" for the Adobe Application Manager. Now, I have no idea what it did but the AAM no longer appears in the list. Perhaps it's been obliterated from my computer. Anyway, now PPro and AE work again! I dare not try reinstalling CC (oh, I had also downloaded the CC uninstaller from Adobe and have uninstalled it) because I don't want to lose access to PPro again, now I have so much work to do (and it's backed-up 4 hours due to this issue!). Anyway, I don't know if it's a fix. Anyone can corroborate or give another?

Return to posts index

Xavier Bonet
Re: I suddenly can't get CC to work on my MacBook Pro (or PPro or AE)
on Jun 24, 2016 at 8:37:11 am

Ok, so I want to follow up this issue because, although I got back the use of Ppro and AE last night, I can no longer install any Adobe software. Each time I try to install something (I've even tried reinstalling PPro and AE) I get this screen

With which it's clear something has gone terribly wrong when I tried installing ID through the CC and, although it's absolutely unclear why this is happening, not even Adobe apparently knows because it's error report has no information about what is going on, I think it's because somehow the AAM was damaged during that failed attempt to install ID. The thing is, I can't install AAM as a standalone piece of software; apparently it must be done or got to through CC... but apparently CC can't be run correctly if AAM isn't installed... which reminds me so much of the movie Brazil!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]