FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project Managing in Premiere CC

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Edwards
Project Managing in Premiere CC
on May 21, 2013 at 3:18:57 pm

Todd or Kevin,

Could you elaborate on the changes in Project Managing in the new version of Premiere. Does the new version handle Long GOP files in trimming mode now? Or are there other options for transcoding upon project completion when media managing? Currently CS6 version fails when trimming Long GOP files and you are stuck with media managing an entire project vs a final sequence. This leads to much larger Project Managed folders and is a storage hog.

I would appreciate any links you can provide on the improvements in Project Managing features and if you can address my Long GOP issue.

Thanks,
Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Project Managing in Premiere CC
on May 21, 2013 at 4:29:05 pm

[Andy Edwards] "Could you elaborate on the changes in Project Managing in the new version of Premiere. Does the new version handle Long GOP files in trimming mode now? Or are there other options for transcoding upon project completion when media managing? Currently CS6 version fails when trimming Long GOP files and you are stuck with media managing an entire project vs a final sequence. This leads to much larger Project Managed folders and is a storage hog. "

Hi Andy,
It's a common request, but we don't offer that feature yet. We do know about that feature request, but be sure to add your voice here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on May 21, 2013 at 6:11:06 pm

Filed my request thanks.

What can you tell me about the new media manage changes in the CC version?

Did you put in transcoding to another codec as a option when media managing?

This is a huge show stopper for all our show media manages when we switched to an XDCAM workflow to save space throughout our post process. If we can't trim our projects down, we are eating up huge amounts of drive space and LTO space because Premiere media manages the entire project.

If you have any tips or suggestions, I'm open to anything which will help solve the issue.

Thanks,
Andy

Return to posts index

Ze'ev Gilad
on Dec 19, 2013 at 12:09:23 am

No response?

Any tips?

Is there any way to automatically transcode what's in a timeline to a trimmable codec?
(Like FCP 7 has been able to do for years and years, not to mention Avid ...)

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Dec 19, 2013 at 12:14:27 am

Heard though other channels. It's being looked into. Hopefully a future version of CC will come with transcoding options.

Andy

Return to posts index

Matt Loucks
on Jul 7, 2014 at 7:46:50 pm

Just wanted to bump this in case there has been some development or if anybody else has a work around. We are using XDCAM as well, and will be switching to Premiere Pro CC from FCP7 (which has a great media management tool, trims XDCAM files without any issues...)

Thanks!!

Senior Media Processing Operator, Shaw Media - Toronto

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Jul 7, 2014 at 8:37:37 pm

Nothing new for now. It is hit or miss with "trimming" the project when XDCAM is present. Most of the time you need to just "Copy All" and live with all the extra Gigs associated with your project for media management to work.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]