FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 brand new Macs - lower spec out performs high spec - please assist!

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Slatter
2 brand new Macs - lower spec out performs high spec - please assist!
on Aug 6, 2015 at 2:13:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I really hope there are some techy people out here that can offer me some insight into my mac issues...

I have just purchased 2 new macs for my company, an iMac 5k, and a Mac Pro. The primary purpose of both the computers is video editing and animation. Both have pretty much identical software and plugins, both run adobe CC 2015 complete and both have red giant video plugins.

The iMac runs sweetly. The Mac Pro, is really temperamental. Sometimes it's prefect, other times it freezes up, struggles to play anything back (in premiere), struggles with basic effects, takes ages to respond, connect media, load thumbnails, scrub timeline. I can forget about layered effects, UHD and multicam

It is [was] my expectation, that the mac pro should wipe the floor with the imac, especially at x4 the cost.

Is there anything I could be doing that is causing this mac pro to be so slow? It's incredibly frustrating as upgraded the old imac in order to work faster and more efficiently which is not happening

attached 1 - imac specs
attached 2 - mac pro specs

Thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Matt Dean
Re: 2 brand new Macs - lower spec out performs high spec - please assist!
on Aug 31, 2015 at 6:46:53 am

I don't have an answer for you, but we also upgraded to a new Mac pro recently and although it is faster than our 5 year old mac pro, it's not dazzlingly faster. I was rather underwhelmed with it's performance - and experience similar issues to yours...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]