FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frozen by Upgrade to CC2015

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Mize
Frozen by Upgrade to CC2015
on Jul 25, 2015 at 3:44:18 am

I was going along pretty well in CC2014, till I tried to upgrade to CC2015. Now I can't do anything in Premiere Pro. Instead of making some progress on my project this weekend, I'll spend it trying to recover about 4 weeks of work and try to meet a deadline approaching like a runaway train. Efforts to install fail, efforts to uninstall fail. CC Cleaner Tool does nothing. Have reinstalled Application Manager and when launched, get a message telling me I need to install it. Have to say, I was uneasy about the Cloud concept from day one. If I ever straighten this out, I think I'll go back to CS6... maybe even FCP 7. I guess I'm going to have to pay someone else to try and help untangle me from this mess I've paid for. Would appreciate any advice... otherwise, thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo Jørgensen
Re: Frozen by Upgrade to CC2015
on Jul 25, 2015 at 9:09:21 am

Hey Rob,

You are not helping us to help you. What hardware are you using? And operating system?

And have you considered to return to CC2014, which is easy to do, whilst you work out what the problem is with CC2015.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Rob Mize
on Jul 25, 2015 at 3:52:16 pm

Hi, Mads... Thanks so much for your reply and interest.
Good News this morning. It wasn't so easy to get back to 2014CC... every effort to uninstall would fail. However, with considerable stubbornness and research, I was able to do so. At that point, the Premiere update was successful and the work was recovered. I'm going to stay on this version of CC until I deliver this project, then may decide to upgrade to 2015.
Still not sure where/why the difficulty occurred, but my system is:
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2
Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB
Looks like it's going to be a good day today... hope yours is too!

Rob Mize

Return to posts index

Mads Nybo Jørgensen
on Jul 25, 2015 at 4:36:52 pm

Hey Rob,

Good that you are back in business - nothing worse than loosing 3 weeks work, which I have been through in past job in a past lifetime.

You shouldn't have had to uninstall CC2015 in order to run CC2014. However, if what you have now is working, don't fix it - wait, and return to it once project is delivered and signed off. By then, the awaited end of July bug-fix for PPro and AE CC2015 would have been released and thoroughly tested by the community.

I am not a Mac person, so there are more intelligent people around here who can help you. However, I run 16GB on my HP and would recommend that if possible, that you beef your memory up to at least 8GB.

Happy hunting the end of that project.

All the Best
Mads

@madsvid, London, UK
Check out my other hangouts:
Twitter: @madsvid
http://mads-thinkingoutloud.blogspot.co.uk

Return to posts index

Hope Holmesby
on Aug 8, 2015 at 1:39:49 am
Last Edited By Hope Holmesby on Aug 8, 2015 at 1:43:06 am

Dear Mr. Mize,

I was just researching you and see that you have not posted on this forum for 2 years? Glad to see you back. I just tried your tutorial for 3D cube.

So amazing and fast to make.

The intro to this video is so beautifully animated. Making a tutorial for that would be great too.

I want to thank you so much for your great expertise and visual aesthetic....really lovely. Do you have a demo reel....would love to see it....

Thanks again Mr. Mize. You are very appreciated. Beautiful work.

Warmly,
Hope

PS. I congratulate you for plowing ahead into CC.... As you see, I am still back 4 yrs or more in technology.

Life is here to enjoy.

iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 2TB;
Mac OS 10.9,
16 GB RAM;
2 La Cie external HDs 1 TB each;
After Effects CS5.5;
Sound Track Pro 3.0.1;
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3;
Compressor 3.5.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved