FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to retain color settings when using dynamic link between AE & Premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Santita Ngo
How to retain color settings when using dynamic link between AE & Premiere?
on Jul 6, 2015 at 6:47:05 pm

I'm a new fan of CC 2015's color workspace feature. It has made color grading so much more efficient and easier than ever. I've been using it for all of my video editing.

Here's where I'm stumped:

Once the color changes has been made to the Master shot and then I dynamic link the same video on AE through "replace clip with AE" (the way Adobe suggests you do it), the color settings are erased. I'm guessing because we are "replacing" the shot with an AE shot instead.

Can you copy color settings when modified through the workspace? That way I can have the same color grading for all the other master shots as well?

Can anyone recommend a good workflow where I can edit the video color in Premiere and easily overlay animations (simple text/object animations) on AE? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: How to retain color settings when using dynamic link between AE & Premiere?
on Jul 7, 2015 at 5:07:53 pm

After Effects doesn't yet have the Lumetri effect, which is what is required to carry over the color settings made with the new Premiere Pro features. We're in the process of adding that now, though, with the intent of releasing a version of After Effects with this feature this fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects product manager and curmudgeon
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]