FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe CC SLI Support and Benchmarks

COW Forums : Adobe Creative Cloud

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ant Gonzalez
Adobe CC SLI Support and Benchmarks
on Jun 1, 2015 at 2:53:39 am

Adobe CC supports multiple GPU support as stated on their website....

"Multiple GPU export support
Premiere Pro can now take full advantage of computers with multiple GPU cards for significantly accelerated export times. Rendering and compression just got a whole lot faster."

I have yet to locate any actual benchmarks online of performance increase when adding a second GPU to a workstation. I currently run a GTX 680 on my system and when I enable MPE (Mercury Playback Engine) Cuda acceleration my renders in Premiere CC and Media Encoder are way faster than rendering with just the CPU. I plan to build a new editing machine soon and will be using the new GTX 980 Ti GPU. I'm considering adding a second 980 Ti but now sure if the benefits are worth the extra cost.

1. Does anybody know how the scaling with render times when you have two GPU's in SLI?

2. Does the "Multiple GPU export support" mean CC supports multiple cards, or just a single, dual GPU, card?"

3. Is there anybody who has two GPU's who would be willing to remove one card and time a render and then add the second card and do the same render and post their results on here?

There are plenty of benchmarks for gaming but I am looking specifically for performance increases in the Adobe CC suite.

Return to posts index

Christopher Hill
Re: Adobe CC SLI Support and Benchmarks
on Jun 22, 2015 at 7:36:28 am

I am also interested in any response to this question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]